Listen to your heart, won't let you down

If We Just Know that We Belong to Each Other.. (A twisted story of Wedding Dress MV)

I faced the mirror as I close the button on my sleeve.

Today is the day. Am I really ready?

I looked at my whole reflection. I guess I am ready.

Dong YoungBae, you can do this.

After preparing myself, I went out and made my way to the church. I decided not to drive on my way there since it's just a walking distance from our house. While walking, I kept on looking at my watch. I'm so nervous. It's still early, though. I know I won't be late. But why do I feel so bothered? 

YoungBae, you have to move on.

But I guess I am weak. Maybe that's why I never dated a girl because I am afraid to be hurt like this.

I looked up to the sun and shielded my eyes with my hands since it's too bright for me to look at. Looking at the sun reminded me again of the days we spent together. The days we spent playing with my IPod inside the dance studio, the days we spent hanging out on my car's roof...

AISH YoungBae. How many times do I have to tell you that you should stop reminiscing!?

I continued walking and as soon as I reached the place, I went straight inside the church. Inside, I passed by a room where Chloe is sitting beautifully, wearing a white gown and a veil on her head, and is being surrounded by her friends. Noticing my presence, she waved at me with a warm smile. I smiled back at her. She stood and walked towards me. She looks so damn gorgeous.

"Again, congratulations." I told her.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks." She chuckled. "Thanks for accepting my offer. I can't wait to hear your voice singing our wedding song."

"Uhm, actually.. I prepared a song just for you. Can I sing that after the wedding song?"

"Of course, why not?"

"Hey, Chloe." A guy approached us. "Hi, I'm Song JiHoon. I suppose you are YoungBae? The wedding singer?" I nodded.

"Uhm.. I have to go now. Congratulations to the both of you. Enjoy the day."

"Thanks." They both said then I left.

I roamed around the church and found the white grand piano near the altar. I walked towards it and inspected the whole thing.

"Oh, YoungBae, what're you doing?" It's her, I guess. Judging from that voice. I turned around and saw her wearing a blue cocktail dress.

"You look amazing." I told her as I walk towards her.

She looked at the ground and pouted. Aw, my shy best friend.

"Err.. Are you ready?"

I smiled. "Yeah.." I said, nodding.

"Where are the guys? I thought they're invited too?"

"You mean JiYong and the rest? Yes, they were. They will come soon. Why? You missed JiYong already?" I said as I wriggled my eyebrows.

"N-N-No, I-I don't."

"Liar."

"Aish. I don't like him, okay?" She said as she sat on the piano's chair.

"But I didn't ask if you like him or not! Yiee. My best friend's in love again."

"YoungBae, please.. stop it."

"Tell me, is something going on between you two now?" I asked, sitting beside her.

She looked around like checking if there's someone eavesdropping. She then sighed.

"To be honest, there is nothing between us. But I wish, someday, there will be, though. I think I'm starting to like him. But.. I can't fall for him. I don't want to fall for him. He might be the best guy to heal the wounds that my ex has left but.."

"Why are there so many but's? Why can't you fall for him? And you DON'T WANT to, too?"

"If I ask you: 'Is he the one for me?', what will you answer?" she answered me with a question.

She looked at me straight into my eyes. She's saying something through her eyes, i know, but why can't I understand it? I looked away and said.

"Uh.. If he makes you happier more than the other guys, then he is."

"What if there is someone that makes me the happiest?" She whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

"H-Huh? What do you mean?"

"JiYong is a perfect guy, no doubt, but.. someone makes it hard for me to see JiYong as the ONE for me. Do you know what I mean? There is someone who.. distracts me every time I.. I think of Jiyong. You know, I should be looking at him but.. someone.. someone's grabbing my attention. Ugh. Do you even understand what I am saying?"

"Uh.. You're getting weird, huh? But I do understand. So.. you like someone else?"

"Yes? I don't know. Maybe? AIgoo.."

"How about Jiyong then? Are you going to dump him?"

"But we're not dating. He's not even courting me."

"How did you know? See, you're really not LOOKING at him. You don't know but he does everything for you to NOTICE him yet you're shifting you're gaze to another. Tell me, who's ruining the pla--I mean who's that someone who "distracts" you?" Oops, that was close.

She looked down. I waited for her to answer.

Wait.

What are these strange feeling in my tummy? I'm getting.. butterflies?

Why am I nervous? Am I nervous because she might say my name?

Nah.. Why would she? Am I distracting her? Why in the world would I distract her? Does she..

Oh my. I can't believe I'm thinking this but..

Does she like.. me?

She then spoke up, stood and looked somewhere behind me, avoiding my eyes.

"It's...

 

 

..you."