"I feel infinite."

Cliché

Kimjongdae.
 


 

You sat on your bed and pouted. This is so not the right time for me to get sick. You complained.


     It was your boyfriend, Chen’s birthday, and you can’t even visit him for a hug or bring him a present.

     Earlier, you asked your best friend, Seo, who you shared the dorm with if you could go surprise your boyfriend.

     “No. I will certainly not allow you to go there. I mean, hello, ____! You’re sick! You’ll tire yourself. And besides, I’m sure he’ll understand,” she said.

     Why do I have to have such a caring best friend? You complained, yet again. Minutes later, you decided to text your boyfriend and tell him.

     “Hey, you. :) I’m sorry I won’t be able to see you today. I’m sick, and as much as I want to, Seo won’t let me go. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your day! I love you so much. I’ll see you some other time, okay? :*”

     You lay down on your bed and checked your temperature. 37.5. This is preposterous. “SEO!” you shouted in distress.

     “Need something?” Seo asked, opening the door. “I need to see HIM!” you demanded, running to Seo before she could locked the door.

     But, too late. She slammed the door right in yo’ face. You banged on it. “PLEASE! I’m not sick anymore!” you shouted, and coughed. Gee, thanks, cough. Perfect timing.

     “Yes, you are!” Seo shouted back, “Oh, and yeah, I’m going out to buy some food. I’ll be back real soon. Don’t leave, okay? Oh, wait. You can’t leave,” she said later followed with an evil laugh.

     Mental note; strangle Seo when she comes home. You slumped yourself back on your bed and checked your phone.

     No new messages.
     Guess he’s busy. Maybe he’s having fun with his girl buds?

     Wait, why are you even thinking that.

     You threw the negative thought aside. Your eyes started to get heavier. You felt better, but you also felt sleepy.

     Eyes.

     Closing.

     Slowly…

     “Sleepy head,” someone said. You eyes shot back open and looked at the door.

     A guy was standing there, leaning against it. He’s wearing a plaid polo shirt (note: buttons are OPEN *o*) but he was wearing a tank top underneath. And for his bottoms were a pair of jeans. A y smirk was plastered on his face and his hair looked like he’d gotten a perm. A nice one, mind you.

     From those features, you knew who he was. You ran straight at him and attacked him with a massive bear hug.

     “BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” you shouted.

     “Hi, baby,” he greeted calmly, hugging you right back. “It’s my birthday,” he added.

     “I know!” you gently pulled away nodded enthusiastically, “I texted you.”

     “Saw it,” he winked. “But I don’t think you’re sick anymore,” he smiled, checking your forehead for temperature.

     “Nope,” you grinned. Realizing something, your eyes widened. “Wait, how’d you-“

     “Get in?” Chen finished your sentence and dangled a set of keys in his hands. “Remind me to thank Seo later,” he said.

     “Yeah, yeah,” you rolled your eyes. “Now, can we celebrate my birthday?” Chen asked, with an awful lot of aegyo.

     “OF COURSE!” you said.

 

 

/Fast forwaaaaaaard/

     “Ready?” he asked, checking if you put your seatbelt on.

     “Ready!” you smiled.

     You couldn’t believe how things were turning up today. Yesterday until this morning, you were sick. Then you got better. Then your boyfriend surprised you, even if he was the one celebrating his birthday. And now the two of you were heading to an amusement park to celebrate.

     You and your boyfriend had always celebrated this way - as kids. Monthsaries, birthdays, etc. You even went to an arcade before to celebrate since his dog had given birth.

     It was fun, and the two of you never got sick of it.

     “____? You alright?” he chuckled, poking your cheek while using the other hand to drive. Snapping back to reality, you say, “Yeah, I’m just glad I could see you on your birthday.”

     He smiled. “Well, whatever your feeling today is, multiply it by my love for you. The answer is how I feel,” he said.

     You smiled. He always gets twisty with words. He never forgets to add a little fun. “Then…uh…you feel…36?” you playfully guessed.

     “No, silly!” he laughed, “I feel infinite.”

     “Aww,” you said, as he stopped just in time for the red stoplight. And a kiss. Teehee.

     You leaned towards him and kissed him as sweet and as gentle as possible. He kissed you back.

     Cue the sparks.

     Cue the car honks.

     Wait. .__.

     The two of you pulled away disappointedly pulled away and Chen stepped on it, noticing the green light which had been on for, probably, a while.

     You chuckled. “Happy birthday, baby!” Smiling contently, he continued driving away.

 

 

/ANOTHER FAST FORWARD. HEEHEEE/

     “We’re here, we’re here, we’re here, we’re finally here!” you squealed excitedly, while Chen was looking around the parking lot.

     “Not until we can find a decent parking spot,” he laughed. “Fine, I’ll help,” you said, as you peered through your window and squinted your eyes for a vacant spot.

     The lot was packed. It was almost impossible, but, after a decade, you finally found one and Chen successfully parked his car.

     “LET’S GO, LET’S GO, LET’S GOOOO!” you exclaimed, opening the door yourself, no longer having the guts to wait for him.

     Unexpectedly, he locked all the doors.

     You slowly looked at him, puzzled. “Uh, don’t you want to go inside the park, rather than stay in its parking lot?” you asked, pinching his cheeks.

     A smirk curled at his lips. Oh, jeez. What is this guy planning now?

      “I believe that kiss wasn’t over yet,” he said, in his husky, seducing voice. Don’t tell me…aw, c’mon. I smiled, pretending to be clueless.

     “Kiss?” I squeaked.

     “Yes, kiss, baby. K-I-S-S. The one at the stoplight,” he said, ever the man with details. His stare was beginning to frighten me, though.

     “Oh, okay,” I said and leaned over to peck his lips. But the moment I did that, he gently took my arm and pulled me closer, deepening the kiss.

     As much as I wanted to go to the amusement park, this was so much better. The kiss lasted for, what felt like forever.

     He wrapped his arms around your waist and you wrapped yours around his neck as a response.

     At last, you parted for air and he smiled at you, looking into your eyes.

     Your smile turned into a frown.

     “What’s wrong?” he asked, awfully worried. “I wasn’t able to get you a present. I wasn’t able to find the time,” you looked down. Dramaaa. Hahaha.

     His smile came back on, adoring your adorability. (wait, what? Haha) He lifted your chin so that you were facing him.

     “Look, you didn’t need to get me a present, okay? Your presence would make my day, anytime. Even if it’s my birthday or not, it will be the best gift I’ll ever receive,” he explained, “oh, and that kiss. That was the best, too.”

     You smiled at him. Those words were just one of the sentences that stayed in your heart. And you knew they came from his, too.

     “…on the other hand…”

     “Yeah?” you asked.

     “I have been keeping an eye on that stuffed-unicorn at one of those game booths…” he smiled cutely. This is just too darn cute.

     “Aish, this kid,” you said, ruffling his hair.

     “This kid happens to love you,” he said, pecking your nose. “And I happen to love you just as much,” you said right back.