Just a library.

Cliché

Zhangyixing.
 


 

 

YOUR POV  

     It was a sunny Saturday. Since I have got nothing better to do, I decided to visit the library.

     No, I am not a geek, neither am I a nerd. I just don’t see the point in wasting such a good day upon partying in a club or getting wasted.

     Apparently, my friend does. She was putting on her stilettos, trying to adjust her mini dress at the same time.

     “So, you’re really not going?” she asked, “It’ll be fun, I swear.”

     “Uh, no, thank you very much,” I said.

     “Pft. Fine. Suit yourself,” she started walking to the door of our small apartment, “Have fun at the library!” she sarcastically sang.

     “Oh, I will!” I sang back.

LAY’S POV

     Another darn Saturday. Unlike other people, I hate Saturdays. Probably because I’m not much of a socialite and I don’t like partying or something.

     I mostly spend my time in a library. To get away from it all.

     “So, Yixing, in case you change your mind,” Kris started, “We’ll be at that new club downtown.”

     “Don’t worry, I won’t,” I replied, pushing him and the others out the door.

     “But-“ Luhan started protesting.

      “Have fun! I hope you bang as much girls as you want!” I shouted as I slammed the door in their faces.

     Outside, I heard a faint evil laugh. “Oh, we will!” Kris said.

     Geez. Remind me again, why am I friends with these guys?

     Anyway, as soon as I got ready, I started walking down the street to the library. While doing so, I kept my headphones hanging on my neck, just in case it gets boring.

     Then a girl caught my eyes. She was on the sidewalk across, wearing jeans and a shirt. Even so, she looked cute and simple.

     I found myself face-to-face with a pole, probably because I’ve been staring at her the whole time I’m walking.

     I regained my conscience and diverted my attention somewhere else. Although, I do hope she didn’t notice that.

     Man, if Kris and the gang were here, they’d be all, “Ooooh~ time to make a move, Lay,” howling like a pack of wolves dingoes.

     I wondered where the girl was going.

     So, yeah. I took a turn for the library. And she took the turn too. I smirked to myself.

     This time, the two of us were on the same sidewalk. I was in front of her. Being the gentleman I am, I took a step sideways and let her pass first.

     She noticed this and looked at me, “Uh?”

     “G-go on,” I smiled back, stuttering because of the heavenly curve that formed upon her lips.

     You got this, Lay, you got this. /mental fist pump/ FIGHTING!

     So she was in front, this time. And I knew she was definitely going to the library.

YOUR POV

     So as I was walking to the library, I noticed this guy with the Beats. I thought he was just like any other guy, heading to a club early in the afternoon.

     I didn’t pay attention to him.

     T’was hard, though. He was kinda cute. Especially those eyes…

     Oh, geez, what am I saying. Anyway, as soon as I took the turn, he did as well. Wait, he’s heading for the library too?

     AWESOME!

     I mean…cool. That’s just…cool.

     But when he was ahead of me, he took a step, and made way. Puzzled, and unable to process the moment, I said, “Uh?”

     /mental face palm/ WHAT? “UH?”?! What is that?!

     “G-go on,” he smiled. Is it me, or is he blushing? Wait, am I blushing?

     Regardless of my cheeks, I smiled right back and went ahead.

     I never thought guys with Beats could be gentlemen too. Okay, ___, let the adventure begin.

 

LAY’S POV

     As soon as we got there, she headed for the Fiction section. That’s interesting.

     I decided to follow her late, since it would be too obvious. I went to the Classicals.

     Mind you, it wasn’t of my intention to come to the library and flirt, but she was just too cute, she looked special and single. I wouldn’t let her go at that case.

     I started scanning titles and flipping through the pages of the library’s catalogue.

     Nothing seems to catch my attention. Unlike the other days, I always found a book to read and be so engrossed with.

     I stole a glance at her, seeing she was still at the same state as I am. “Browsing”.

YOUR POV

     I think I’m getting paranoid. Is it really me, or did he just looked at me?

     Oh, gods of Greece. I still haven’t picked a book. To be honest, I was kinda watching him, which explains why I can’t focus on the titles.

     This is frustrating. Why does he have to be so cute?! /cries/

     I kept looking at the Fictions, but I still can’t find a decent book to read. I wonder how he’s doing there, staring at the catalogue.

     Realizing that I was beginning to get obvious, I picked up a random book and sat at a table. Particularly, close to him.

     UGH. I didn’t pick that table, my instincts did. I started reading, with the book glued to my face, to avoid my glances from being shown.

LAY’S POV

     So she finally picked a book and sat down to read. Weird, though. The way she reads the book, it seems like she’s hiding her own beautiful face.

     I went straight to the closest shelf, grabbed a random book and walked casually to her table.

     I tapped her shoulder. “Hi, mind if I sit here?” I asked, gesturing to the chair beside hers.

     It took her sometime to reply, she was just…staring at me. Bad move, Yixing.

     “S-sorry, if it’s not okay, then-“

     “N-no! It’s…it’s fine-perfectly fine. Go ahead,” she smiled.

     I smiled back. Phase one, success. On to phase two.
 


 

LAY’S POV

     “So…you like children’s books?” I asked. Well, it looked like it. She was reading a Rapunzel story book. Awkward…

     “What?” she asked, facing me with a confused look.

     I chuckled and looked at her book. She looked too, and to my surprise, she hid it from me. “O-oh, no, I just…uh…just…uh…”

     I laughed again. She was too cute. “Uh, uh, what?” I joked.

     She heaved a sigh of defeat, “Never mind.” She closed the book and slid it away from her.

     She started noticing what I was reading (not really, I just held the book in my hand). She tilted her head to the side curiously.

     “You can speak French?” she asked, chuckling a bit.

     French? .___________.

     I glanced at my book. I couldn’t read the words, but it looked like a cook book for French moms. I could feel my cheeks turn a shade of tomatoes.

     “No, this is actually…uh…actually…” actually…Yixing, why the heck? Pick a book to “read” and pick the one with a language you don’t know.

     “Actually, uh, actually what?” she joked back and smirked.

     “Nothing,” I laughed with embarrassment, closing the book and burying my face in the table in front of me (if that’s even possible).

     Silence.

     I peeked at her and she was staring at me, quickly looking away. Okay, Lay. This girl is definitely checking you out.

     I sat up straight and took my hand out, “I’m Yixing, but you can call me Lay.”

     She took it and shook it in hers, “I’m ____. Nice to meet you, Lay,” she eye-smiled. Heaven.

     “Nice to meet you too,” I said, showing-off my dimples. Finally, a good use for that thing.

     We silently talked there the next few hours. Everytime the librarian would shoot the death glare at us, we’d “continue reading” our odd books and laugh a bit.

     Time sped by and before we knew it, the library was closing. The librarian was starting to take out her long, killer meter stick. As soon as she did, we ran for the exit, laughing our heads off.

     “Pissing her off is so worth it,” she laughed. “Yeah, I know. That meter stick just scares the heck out of me,” I sarcastically said.

     We continued laughing there, outside the library. Finally, when we died down, silence came.

     “So…guess I gotta get going,” she said, in a soft voice. I admit, I wanted to spend the rest of the night with her, but I was in no position to do that.

     “Uh…yeah…” I said. I just couldn’t find the right words to say.

     She slowly walked down the street.

     …

     …

     …

     Oh, darn it, Yixing, why are you so stupid?!

     I chased her before she could get any farther. “Wait! ___!”

     She turned to me and brightened. As soon as I got close enough, I pulled her close, wrapped my arms around her and crashed my lips onto hers.

     It took her time, but she soon kissed back. The kiss was as passionate as any other kisses, but this one.

     Call it girly, but I definitely felt the sparks. We pulled away for oxygen, looking into each other’s eyes.

     She smiled, “What was that for?”

     I winked, “For my story-book-reading little princess.” I didn’t know if it was right, I didn’t even know if it was legal to call anyone that, but she grinned.

     “Okay,” she said. “Now, would you do me the honor and let me take you home, your highness?” I asked, bowing like a knight and offering my hand.

     “Why, certainly, kind sir,” she curtsied, and took my hand, lacing our fingers together.

     To be honest, I never thought the library could be this special.