Take-offs

Cliché

Dokyungsoo.
 


Kyungsoo looked through the columns of seats at the side of the plane with his big brown eyes. “E57. E57…E57…” he quietly muttered as he looked for his seat.

 

“There it is!” he screamed. 5 minutes of walking back and forth the plane had finally paid off for him. People started eyeing him. He eyed them back. “Carry on,” he sternly said.

 

He took a seat beside the window and waited for his seatmate. Whoever this guy was should prepare for how Kyungsoo behaves during take-offs.

 

He was scrolling through his iPod when he felt something move beside him. He turned his head to greet his hopefully-soon-to-be buddy.

 

But he widened his eyes at the sight of a girl sitting right beside him. He was half-expecting a guy, since he’d be more comfortable then. But his seatmate today was totally a girl.

 

A pretty one, actually. At least that’s what Kyungsoo thought.

 

“Hi!” the girl cheerfully greeted. Unable to find the right words, Kyungsoo kept staring at her.

 

“Uhm…hi?” the girl repeated.

 

Stare.

“Hello~” she waved her hand in front of Kyungsoo’s eyes. He awakened from the trance. “Huh? O-oh. Oh! Hey there!” he grinned.

 

Finally hearing his much-awaited reply, the girl smiled. “I’m ____,” she said, offering her hand. Kyungsoo took it willingly and shook it.

“Kyungsoo to meet you. I’m nice.” He stuttered.

 

The girl laughed. “What?”

“I-I mean, nice to meet you. I’m Kyungsoo. Hehe.” He said, mentally facepalming himself.

 

Both of them noticed they were still holding hands, so they awkwardly let go.

 

This is gonna be a long ride, Kyungsoo thought.

-

“Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts. We are about to take off. Once again, welcome to Asdfghjkl Airlines.” A stewardess said.

 

Kyungsoo started getting tensed. He was tensed when you got there, but he got worse this time. His eyes widened even more, and his whole body froze.

Meanwhile,____ had just finished fastening her seatbelt.

 

“Kyungsoo?” she said, noticing his sudden nervousness. He gulped.

The girl realized what was wrong. “Tsk. Afraid of take-offs, aren’t you?” she asked, in the most angelic voice Kyungsoo had ever heard.

 

She leaned towards him and fastened his seatbelt for him.

 

“Aaaaand, there. Tada!” she cheered.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. Never had he met someone so caring and adorable. Plus, his former seatmates would always laugh at him whenever he does that. She was the first one to do something he appreciated.

 

The plane started moving. Kyungsoo shut his eyes and bit his lip, preparing for the worst.

 

Seeing this, the girl hesitantly held his hand. He instantly shot his eyes open and looked at her. She smiled. “It’s okay. You’ll be fine.” She softly said.

 

Kyungsoo took his hand away. For a second, the girl was embarrassed for even holding his hand in the first place, but he quickly held hers and closed his eyes again.

 

“Uh. Thanks, ___, but the man should be the one holding the lady’s hand,” he muttered.

 

She could feel her cheeks reddening. Kyungsoo could feel his, too. The plane soon started taking off, as Kyungsoo squeezed her hand and bit his lip again.

-

They were flying in no time.

“See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” she asked.

Kyungsoo pouted. “You make me sound like a 10-year-old.”

 

They both laughed. Ha-ha.

“Can I offer the happy couple some refreshments?”

 

They looked up, only to see a stewardess smiling whole-heartedly at them.

“Uhm, w-we’re not a couple…” the girl explained, but she secretly wished they were. So did Kyungsoo.

 

The stewardess blushed. “O-oh. Is that so? I’m so, so, so sorry!” she said, bowing.

“Too bad, though. You two could’ve looked perfect together,” she said, but she quickly covered with her hand.

“Sorry for being too talkative. Refreshments?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at the comment and shook his head. You shook yours as well. Smiling, the stewardess nodded, bid goodbye and moved to the next set of passengers.

 

“Do we really look like a couple? I mean, really? How?” he laughed. The girl laughed nervously as she glanced at his hands, still intertwined with hers.

 

He notices where her eyes went. Though he didn’t want to, he slowly took his hand away and apologized.

 

“It’s okay,” she smiled.


“Yeobo-ah,” Kyungsoo pouted. “You’re ruining our honeymoon by being too pre-occupied,” he playfully said, as he kissed your forehead and gently set you down on the bed.

 

“Sorry, yeobo. I was just thinking,” his wife said.

 

He stared at her, admiring her in her gown. “Thinking about what?”

 

“The first time we met,” she giggled.

“Oh, you mean at the plane, when-I-saw-your-face-I-knew-it-was-you kind of thing? That one?” he asked, grinning as he hovered over you.

 

“That’s the only one, pabo,” you said, hitting him. He laughs as he gives you a loving kiss on the lips.