Meeting

Cliché

Byunbaekhyun.
 


 

Baekhyun squeezed your hand as the two of you walked in a pavillion, towards a restaurant.


You heaved a sigh. "Baekhyun~ I'm not feeling well," you said.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. "____-ah, don't be so nervous, alright? I think my parents would be nice enough for you," he gave you a reassuring smile, squeezing your hand comfortingly.

You've been together for more than two years already, and this was only the first time you'd formally meet his parents. You were nervous to death, considering the fact that they might not like you.

 

You can't cook a real meal, you can't drive, but you do have a decent job. But one thing was, you weren't the type that someone as handsome as Baekhyun would like. But to him, you were perfect.


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISHHHHHHH!" you groaned, slumping yourself upon your boyfriend's couch.

He walked in the living room from the kitchen, munching on a carrot. "What's wrong, jagiya?" he asked, his mouth stuffed with the disgusting (kidding on this one) vegetable.

 

"I just don't get it," you pouted, frowning at Baekhyun. "Get what?" he stiffled a laugh, sitting beside you and observing your cute self.

"Why can't I cook?" you whined, shoving your bowl of "chicken curry" from the table. He noticed it, picked it up, and took a spoonful of it. He examined it carefully. "Ah, chicken curry," he confirmed, opening his mouth, preparing to taste your "cooking".

 

"NO! DON'T. EAT. THAT." you took a dive towards him, spilling the tiny, innocent bowl of curry and you on his chest. He reddened a bit and chuckled. "Look what you've done to my favorite shirt," he joked, steadying your body on top of his.

"It's better than getting you poisoned because of that...substance." you bitterly glanced at the now-spilled "chicken curry".

"Aw, c'mon, jagiya. I bet it tastes wonderful!" he exclaimed.

"No, I guarantee you, it doesn't." you stuck your tongue out and stood up, lending him a hand. He gladly took it and followed after you. "This should be the other way around, you know," you said.

 

"I know," he laughed.

"Tch, let's clean you up." you said, glaring at his shirt and the clingy, heck-of-a-failure "chicken curry".

"Oh yes, clean me up, jagiya," he smirked, walking towards you. You stopped him halfway with your hand. "I meant the shirt," you joked.

 

He pouted. "Come here, you." you motioned him to come forward. He obeyed like a 5-year-old, head hung low, timidly walking towards you. You reached for his shirt, slowly lifting it up. He blushed a bit, staring at your face, which kind-of looked y at the moment.

He thought it would be great if he leaned forward and whispered, "Hurry."

You smirked, slowing down a bit and stopping yourself from completely taking his shirt off. Your stomach churned. You felt dizzy.

 

You belched lowly. "Uhm. E-excuse me." you clenched your stomach. "I think my curry had hit me."

Your stomach churned again. "...bad."

You left Baekhyun with his shirt half-raised, and ran to the bathroom.

 

"Aish." he chuckled. Curious at what your curry tastes like, he took the bowl that had a bit of it left and swiped a finger on it. He his finger, tasting every bit of your cooking.

For a minute, his smile faded. "...oh, god, she's right."

But it came back on. "She's perfect."


"I'm nothing like your ex, the one they liked so much," you pouted. "Yes, you're nothing like her. And that's only one of the million reasons why I love you," he gently placed a kiss on your lips.

You smiled. Baekhyun knew you so well. He never failed to make you feel better. "Well then, what are the other reasons?" you grinned like a little girl asking for candy.

 

"I'll tell you that some other time," he said slyly. "Right now we've got to meet my folks," he waved to a table of four in the distance. A couple in their 60's waved back, grinning cheerfully at the two of you.

"Come." Baekhyun pulled your hand and the two of you ran to them.

 

"Eomma! Appa!" he hugged both of them. It was such a cute sight. "Our little Baekhyunnie. We miss you so much!" his mom coo-ed. You could've laughed right there, but you chose not to.

 

"So, why don't you introduce us to this pretty lady right here?" his dad beamed at you. "Of course! Eomma, appa, this is ____. The minute in my every day." Baekhyun turned to you and smiled.

 

You blushed slightly at his introduction. You bowed and smiled at them. "H-hi. It's nice to finally meet you," you said.

This is the hardest part of being a couple, you thought, meeting the parents.

 

His parents bowed back. "What a beautiful young lady!" his mother exclaimed. You turned pink at the compliment.

His dad elbowed his mom. "I know, right? We could finally look forward to those gorgeous grandchildren!"

"Right." his mom nodded in agreement.

 

Baekhyun grunted. "Can we not talk about that here?" he joked. "Let's just eat shall we?" the four of you sat down to eat.

 

"So, ____," his mom smiled at you, "Baekhyun tells me you're a translator?".

"Yes, I work at his company," you smiled back. You weren't really sure of what to call the two of them, though. So you asked.

 

"Can I ask, what can I call you guys?" you said in a silent tone.

"You can call us eomma and appa, of course!" his dad laughed, as if the answer was obvious. Baekhyun glanced at you and smiled. He mouthed something like, "told you so".

 

"Do you cook?" his dad suddenly asked. And THIS was the question you feared. Your insides clenched. You were thinking of lying, but you realized it'll only make things worse.

"No," you apologetically smiled.

 

His mom's expression turned from a cheerful smile to a fake one, you could vaguely tell.

"Oh," his dad said, maybe a bit disappointed.

 

But he soon smiled. "At least she's truthful!" he said.

You could think of a thousand ways he's similar to Santa Claus.

 

His mom smiled later on, too. "And you could always learn, right? I could teach you!"

You grinned at how enthusiastic Baekhyun's family is, just like him. "Yes, that would be wonderful," you grinned.

 

"____'s great at basketball, too!" Baekhyun butted in. His parents' expression blanked out for a while. Under the table, you softly kicked him for having mentioned that. Basketball wasn't really the sport for a lady.

 

"Basketball...that's..." his father started speaking. You held your breath as you waited for the worst. 

"...that's...FANTASTIC!" he exclaimed. You sighed with relief. "Really?"

 

His mom smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Baekhyun's dad is just as a basketball fanatic as his son is," she explained. How adorable could this family get, you thought.

 

"Well, I could never love basketball as much as I love my ____," Baekhyun said, ever being the cheesiest guy you've met.

"Okay, stop alright? You're food's starting to spoil," his dad chuckled. "Alright, appa." he laughed.

 

The lunch went on pretty well. The four of you talked and laughed about random topics, and every once in a while, Baekhyun would steal a glance at you and notice how happy you are.

His parents learned more about you, and without you knowing, both of them were starting to like you.

 

For some reason, you started to hear the call of nature. You slowly got up and bowed. "Sorry, please, excuse me. I'll be back," you said, as you smiled at them.

 

"Take your time, love," Baekhyun said, as he waved you off and his parents nod in agreement. You made your way to the restroom.

 

"So what d'you think, eomma? Appa?" Baekhyun asked.

"What do I think? WHAT DO I THINK?!" his dad repeated.

 

"Are you kidding, Baekhyun?! If you don't marry this girl right now, I swear I'm going to resent you for the rest of my life," he said, pointing at Baekhyun and slashing his finger across his neck.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. "And you, eomma?" he asked.

"Well, I'm not gonna lie. She's not perfect..." Baekhyun hung his head in disappointment.

"...but perfect is boring. And she's the most adorable girl I've met. You have my permission." she smiled.

 

Baekhyun brightened. "Really?!"

"Permission to what?" his dad asked in confusion.

"Yes," his mom said, ignoring his dad.

 

"Thank you so much, eomma!" he lunged forward and enveloped his mom in a loving hug. While his dad continued to stare in confusion. "Don't I get a say about this?!"

His mom chuckled. "Go on, son. Show him."

 

Baekhyun tucked his hand in his coat pocket and carefully wrapped his fingers in a small velvet box. He looked around to check if you were there. Seeing that you weren't, he took it out and showed it to your dad.

He opened is, and the old man's eyes narrowed.

 

His dad whispered. "Sweetheart, isn't that-"

"Yes, honey, that's my mother's ring." his mom giggled. "I'm going to ask her, appa. I love her so much. I couldn't imagine myself without her. I'd want to be with her. Forever. She's-"

 

"BAH. Alright, alright. I get it! Sheesh, son." his dad waved him off dismissively, "Since when did you get all cheesy?" he imitated a man vomitting. Baekhyun laughed.

 

This is it, he thought, get ready, Byun ____.