Chapter 9: The Secret and Taeyeon’s Love Problems

Redemption

Chapter 9: The Secret and Taeyeon’s Love Problems

Narrator’s POV

(A.N. The lights came back on at the end of the last chapter after Seohyun kissed Andrew.)

Back in the living room, the others noticed how Seohyun and Andrew came in giggling and smiling and began to wonder what happened between the two while they were gone. As the two looked for a place to sit, Yoona gave them a mischievous grin. “You both sure look happy. Did something happen between the two of you that we should know about? Hmmm…? *puts her hands over * Omo, did you guys kiss?”

“Is our little Seohyun finally getting some action?” Yuri added, not wanting to miss out on this priceless moment. 

Seohyun was about to answer when Andrew lifted his finger slowly to and stopped her. “What makes you think something like that?” He said giving her the, “let’s keep this our little secret” look.

Looking into each other’s eyes Andrew and Seohyun start laughing again, Krystal then looked at both of them playfully and said, “You honestly expect us to believe nothing happened between you two? Look at you guys!”

They both continued to laugh and sat next to Krystal on the couch. Once they were both seated comfortably, Andrew smirked at Krystal and said, “You can believe whatever you want.” Then he put his arm around Seohyun, allowing her to cuddle into him.

Taeyeon laughed along with everyone else, but her eyes were narrow as she was paying very close attention to Andrew and Seohyun’s body language. Seohyun, that little man stealer! Look at her pretending to be so innocent; twirling her hair, batting her eye lashes, and giggling. *scoffs* Who taught her to be such a great actress? The way she’s clinging on to him, it’s like she is a Koala bear. But on the other hand, Andrew doesn’t seem to mind. It’s not like he bothers stopping her. Wait a second; did he just nibble her ear? *pauses to check* He did, and now he just kissed her cheek! How is no one noticing this happen?!

Unable to hold it in any longer, Taeyeon shouted, “Why don’t you two just get a room already?! *mumbles bitterly* That way you can kiss each other all you want.”

Even though Taeyeon thought no one heard that last part, Tiffany did. Tiffany looked at her in disbelief. Wow, she must like him more than I thought. I think I should have a talk with to her later. “Tae, stop being so mean! What, are you jealous?!”

Taeyeon avoided eye contact with Tiffany and made her face completely angelic. “Fany, I’m just teasing them. *pushes Tiffany’s arm lightly* I didn’t mean any harm.  *giggles nervously* Anyway, I meant to ask this question since we were in the car, but Jessica and Andrew were busy catching up and I didn’t want to interrupt. But, I thought the three of you were related?”

Andrew looked down and started playing with Seohyun’s fingers, while Jessica and Krystal glared at her. “We are.” Jessica and Krystal replied coldly.

Taeyeon realized she’d touched a sore subject with them and tried to (unsuccessfully) smooth things over. “I just meant that he looks more like Yunho than he does the two of you. I didn’t mean anything bad by it. It’s just that of you go by glances; he looks like a younger version of Yunho. You know because the shape of his eyes and his cheek bones. The only difference is, Andrew has blue eyes and Yunho has brown eyes. That’s all I meant by the comment. But if it makes any difference, he does look a lot like Krystal and you both are sisters, so he looks like you too! But I don’t understand why he looks so much like Yunho.”

Andrew finally stopped playing with Seohyun’s fingers and looked at his sisters in confusion as the moment of truth arrived. “You didn’t tell them did you?”

“No, we didn’t think they needed to know.” Jessica said quietly.

Tiffany looked at Jessica with curiosity spreading all over her face. “Jess, what didn’t you tell us?”

Realizing his sisters didn’t have the courage to tell everyone the truth, Andrew said innocently, “Well, we’re kind of related. I’m their half-brother.”

In the midst of jaws dropping and gasps of shock, Yunho suddenly remembered that he has a half-brother that he knows nothing about. Could Andrew be my half-brother? *Thinks for a moment* No, it couldn’t be. It’s just a weird coincidence.

BoA looks at Yunho questioningly and he knows what she’s about to ask. He then mouths to her ‘later’ and she gives him a small nod.

Taeyeon gave Jessica and Krystal a warm smile and asked, “Why didn’t either of you tell us this before?”

Krystal pulled Andrew in for another hug, while Jessica smiled at her two younger siblings and said, “We didn’t bother to tell you because growing up; we’ve always considered him our brother. To us, it didn’t matter if he was our full brother or not; we loved him regardless.”

Tiffany went over to Jessica and put an arm around her shoulders. “Jess, that’s so sweet!”

Jessica rolled her eyes at Tiffany playfully and gave her a hug.

Krystal suddenly broke her hug and looked at Andrew “Now that that is over, how about I introduce you to my group members?”

Andrew nodded energetically, but then his face becomes uneasy. “*says so quietly, only Krystal can hear* But, what if they don’t like me?”

Krystal put her hand on his shoulder in a comforting way. “Don’t worry, they already like you. I made sure of it.”

Andrew’s POV

“O-o-kay then.” I said nervously.

Krystal laughed. “Andrew this is Amber, Sulli, Luna, and Victoria.”

I gave them a slight nod and took a deep breath. “Anyeonghaseyo, Andrew Jung imida.” I smiled nervously and bowed 90 degrees. They all turned to look at Krystal, then back to me and burst out laughing. Why does everyone keep laughing when I introduce myself?

Amber playfully shoved Krystal, while Krystal shot her a glare. “Soojung that proves he’s your half -brother! He’s so much more polite than you!”

Krystal slapped Amber playfully on the shoulder. “Yah! I can be polite when I want to be.”

Sulli giggled. “Yeah, key words are when you want to be.”

Krystal pouted, but in the end laughed with the rest of us. Overjoyed that everything was going well with everyone, I happily cuddled with Seohyun on the couch, but cursed mentally when my phone rang out of nowhere. The caller I.D said Seoul University. I looked at Jessica. “Hey Jess, this call is really important, can I answer it in your room?”

She nodded and I sprinted towards her room. Once there I answered my cell phone. “Hello.”

BoA’s POV

Since Andrew left the room I took this opportunity to drag Yunho from the living room into our guest room. Leaning on the door I asked him the question that was running through my mind ever since Taeyeon mentioned the similarities between him and Andrew. “Yunho I might be mistaken but, don’t you have a half-brother?”

He nodded sitting on the bed. “Yes, but I have no idea who he is or where he is.”

I walked over to him and his hair soothingly. “Do you think that maybe Andrew could be your half-brother? He does look like you after all.”

He sighed and hung his head lower. “It’s possible, but it could just be a coincidence. His life has been so bad and I don’t want to mess it up for him now that he’s back with his family. Besides what would I say?  So I know we just met but, I think you might be my long lost half-brother. Sorry my dad left you and your life was crap, but I’m here now and we can bond! It even sounds stupid.”

For once, I had no idea how to handle the situation. We sat in silence trying to figure out a way to remedy this problem.  Let’s see, we could try and find out if he really is Yunho’s brother, but then what next? Yunho is right; we can’t take him away from Jessica and Krystal that would just be wrong. On the other hand, if he really is his brother then maybe he and Yunho could bond somehow and salvage any part of their relationship they have left. I sat there collecting my thoughts and came to one solution. Yunho needed to be the one to decide, not me. “Yunho, I can’t make this decision for you, it’s totally your choice. Do you want to find out or not?”

After thinking for a while more, he shook his head. “I do want to find out, but now isn’t the right time. Perhaps someday in the future, but right now is a big no.”

“Alright then, we’ll do this at a later time.” I smiled as both of us went in to kiss each other, but we broke apart violently once we heard a bunch of shouting and objects being thrown.

Simultaneously we broke apart and said, “What the hell?”  Neither of us moved until we heard Andrew’s voice. After that we both got up and ran to the source of all the commotion.

Tiffany’s POV

Seeing how Andrew left the room, I took this opportunity to drag Taeyeon from the living room into the room Seohyun and I shared. As soon as we went in, I secretly locked the door. She was not going anywhere until we talked. “Taeyeon-ah, what’s wrong?”

She looked at me with a completely innocent face. “Wrong? Nothing is wrong. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I raised my eyebrow at her. “Oh please Tae. We aren’t called taeny for no reason. I know when something is bothering you.”

Taeyeon mumbled something incoherent that I didn’t understand. “I’m sorry. What was that?”

She took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. “I like Andrew too. Are we done now?”

I threw my arms out and blocked her path to the door. “No we are not done! What happened? I thought you liked Siwon oppa?”

She glared at me slightly. “Do you really have to ask Tiffany? I thought it would be obvious since you’re the one who stole him from me.”

My jaw dropped. “I what?!”

Her glare lessened a bit. “Well you didn’t really steal him, but I’m confident that he likes you and not me.”

Still being in shock, the only word I could say was, “What?”

She let out a frustrated sigh and started ranting. “Tiffany stop being coy, I saw him talking to you a few days ago. You were both alone, he was blushing like crazy, and he kept asking you questions. I left when the both of you started laughing like a bunch of idiots.”

Even though I could see that she was super angry, I couldn’t help but let out a laugh and shake my head at her foolishness. “Tae you can be so dense! He wasn’t blushing because he likes me. He was blushing because he likes you and was asking me questions about you.”

Now she was the shocked one. Pointing to herself and smiling like an idiot she asked, “Seriously, he likes me?”

I nodded my head and braced myself as Taeyeon suddenly enveloped me in a bear hug. “If he likes me then forget Andrew, Siwon all the way!”

I giggled at my best friend’s actions. “OMO, Tae calm down.”

She gave me that byun smile of hers. “I am calm, but my man is hot!”

“Byuntae *shakes my head* But in all seriousness, I think you owe Seohyun an apology, you kind of ruined her moment with Andrew back there.”

She raised her hand like she was taking an oath. “I’ll apologize, I promise.”

I draped my arm over her shoulder. “Good.” We both hugged again, but instantly split apart when we heard crashing noises coming from Jessica’s room.

We both looked at each other and said, “What the hell is going on in there?” Upon hearing more crashing noises, we ran out and went to investigate.

A.N: I appologize for not writing so much these days for all of my stories. During the summer work got in the way and I lacked inspriation. Now I'm back in college. But I will try to update more. That and I have way to many ideas for all my stories. haha