Chapter 3: The Truth Comes Out

Redemption

Chapter3: The Truth Comes Out

Jessica’s POV

Officer Benson answered my call on the third ring. “Hello, Jessica?”

“Hello Officer Benson. I’m sorry about hanging up on you earlier; I had to call my younger sister over, I hope you don’t mind but you’re on speaker phone.

“Yes, that’s fine. I don’t mind. I had to step outside considering the no cell phone rule inside the building”

“Alright Miss Officer, cut the chit chat. Where’s our baby brother?! What happened to him?!” Krystal yelled into the phone.

I shook my head and calmly said “If you don’t behave and act decent she’ll never tell us anything.” She blushed and quickly apologized as one of the other girls put their hand on her shoulder.

“It’s alright; I understand it must be tough for you to be going through this right now.”

“It hasn’t been easy, but we’ll get through it together. By the way, are our parents are there right now? Can I talk to them?”

There was a period of silence before she said, “Um… No, they aren’t.”

Before I could open my mouth to answer, Krystal had beaten me to it trying her best to be calm but with an angry expression across her face “What do you mean they aren’t there?! They do know about this, right?!”

“Unfortunately from what your brother told me, they’re the ones who caused his injuries. I’m sure they know.” Officer Benson said angrily.

A look of disbelief spread across Krystal’s face. “What…?!”

Officer Benson paused for a moment. When she spoke again, her tone was much softer and more comforting. “I’m sorry that the both of you have to hear this news from me. But, your parents are the reason he’s in the hospital tonight. And it seems like this isn’t the first time it’s happened…”

Krystal was stunned and rendered speechless. Tears were pouring down my face. I could barely speak as I asked, “How long have they been…?”

“I found Andrew in the middle of a nearby park, he was a bloody mess. While we were on our way to the hospital he had said it’s been happening for about 3 and a half years. He also said you’ve been sending them money away from home. Is that true?"

“Yes it is.”

“Well, you should know they’ve been using your money to buy alcohol and must have had a relapse soon after. They have not only been abusing him physically but also verbally. And sadly, things went downhill from there. He was kicked out of the house earlier tonight.”

As I took in what Officer Benson was saying, it took all my strength to not break down and sob. Yuri, Taeyeon and Tiffany had started rubbing my back and my hair to ease the sorrow, while the others did the same for Krystal. “Did he say what exactly happened earlier, before he got kicked out?”

“Well from what he told me, they woke him up at around 1 in the morning demanding that he audition for some sort of role I’m guessing and become a trainee since he just graduated. But he declined, so your mother gave him an ultimatum; he either went for the audition or gets kicked out of the family. As you may have guessed he chose to leave. But before he could, your father had slammed him on the floor and started beating him. Your mother on the other hand was no better. She had dropped several empty beer bottles, letting them smash all over the floor. She took the jagged edge of the bottle and threw it at him. It had stabbed him in the leg, deep enough to leave several stitches in its place. Your father slammed him into the glass; first on his back and then on the front. After it was all over they told him to pack his stuff and your father literally threw him out. That’s all I know so far.”

Of all the things I was prepared to hear, that wasn’t one of them. I was about to lose the last ounce of my strength until I saw Krystal's face. Then I remembered I needed to be strong for her and Andrew. They need me right now and I can’t fail them. She looked extremely traumatized and on the verge of having a mini-break down.

I pulled her into a tight hug, rubbed her back and consoled her as best as I could. I whispered into her ear “Hush Krystal, unnie will fix this and then it’ll all be okay. Right now we’ll figure everything out, make a game plan, fly baby Jung out here and deal with this together as a family, alright?” Krystal took a deep breath and nodded. I kissed her forehead then broke our hug, but kept ahold of Krystal’s hand; letting her head rest on my shoulder.  

“So, what’s the plan?”

“First, we need to- *car door slams open and you can hear people making a bunch of noise in the background* Hang on for a bit, okay? I’ll call you back soon”

Extremely confused you say, “Okay.” I hung up the phone, looked at Krystal and the rest of the members and sobbed uncontrollably.

*Fast forward an hour later*

We all waited patiently, when finally it rang.

An unfamiliar voice spoke out “Hi Jessica, my name is Elliot Stabler. I’m Olivia’s police partner and just to let you know you’re on speaker phone. Pardon my interruption earlier.”

“Officer Stabler, there is no need to apologize. We understand you’re just doing your job. What just happened?”

“My partner finished phase 1 of the plan and phase 2 is in progress.” Officer Benson said happily.

I raised one of my eyebrows. “Phase 1 and Phase 2?”

“Phase 1: arrest your parents. Phase 2: take them to the police station to be interrogated and make them confess to everything they did.”

“They seemed to be proud of it too; makes me sick.” He said disgusted.

When she said that they were proud of hurting baby Jung, I could feel myself on the cusp of hellsica mode. “May I speak with them? I have some choice words that I want to say.”

“Sure. *you hear footsteps and the opening and closing of a door* Hey, your daughter wants to talk to you, listen up! *pauses for a second* Go ahead Jessica, their all ears.”

“How could you? How could you hurt my little brother and feel pleased with yourselves?!”

The back of my hair seemed to stand up. “It was easy, he was a good for nothing kid. He never did anything we could be proud of. ” My mother said in a casual tone. I saw that Tiffany shivered and Taeyeon covered with both hands.

I looked down with shame and anger. “Excuse me; he’s 14 and already a high school graduate. He’s a child prodigy. I would say that’s something to be proud of. Plus no matter how much you hurt him he still took care of the both of you!” I yelled out.

“So he’s a prodigy big whoop. What did he do with it? Nothing, at least you and your sister became famous and successful. Maybe he did take care of us, but the kid would always talk back to us and was ungrateful. We let him live with us for this long and he repays us by doing jack ! He’s a disgrace!” My father yelled back.

Hearing these words coming straight from my parents mouths made me unleash my hellsica mode, full throttle. “I can’t believe you two! You’re supposed to be our parents! You’re supposed to love and take care of us! Not hurt, demean, and abandon us! I’m disgusted to be your daughter. I don’t want to be in your family for one more minute, I’m out!”

“Me too!” Krystal roared.

“One more thing, you better hire yourselves a good lawyer because I’m taking your asses to court! I’m 20 and I will take custody of my two younger siblings!”

“How exactly will you do that? Hate to burst your bubble, but you live in Korea. You can’t just drop everything and come to the U.S.” My father said coolly.

“I don’t have to because you’re going to fly to Korea and we’ll have the trial here.” I said cheekily.

“You can’t do that!”

“Actually, she can. The district granted her request; as long as we are allowed to accompany Andrew to Korea and stay for the trial.” Officer Benson stated.

A huge smile spread across my face. “Of course, the both of you can come. I’ll even pay for all your tickets.”

“Speaking of paying how are we supposed to be afford this?!” My father shouted at Olivia.

“Your bank records states that you have enough money in your account to cover it. After this conversation is over, Elliot is going to you to your jail cells where you will wait until your scheduled departure time. Anything else you want to add Jessica?”

“Nope, I’m done.” I said triumphantly.

“Then I guess the both of you know where you’re going. Move it!” Elliot said forcefully.

As they were being taken away, my father threatened me in a fit of rage. “Jessica Jung Soo Yeon! You just made the biggest mistake of your life. I swear we will get you for this.”

“Shut up and keep walking!” Officer Stabler yelled as he shut the door.

“Officer Benson, here’s the plan I have in mind. Once they are in custody and Andrew’s finished with treatment, please take the next available flight to Korea for tomorrow. You guys will have to purchase the tickets yourselves, but once you get here I promise to pay you back. I will meet you at the airport take my brother and from there we go separate ways until the trial. Does that sound alright?”

“Sounds good, we’ll contact you an hour before our flight. See you soon girls.”

“Okay, Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hung up my phone sat back and let out a deep sigh.

“Unnie, I have schedule tomorrow, but please let me go to the airport with you.” Krystal pleaded.

“Krystal I want you there too, but you have schedule and that’s also very important. Besides you can just come over here again tomorrow and see him. Go back to your dorm and get some rest.”

She frowned. “*sigh* Araso, unnie… but can’t I stay the night?”

I thought about it for a bit, but playing that big sister role got me going. Knowing her practice is more important, I decided she can stay the night but had to leave in time before she missed out on her routine. Selfish of me to say but I need that time with Baby Jung to get things straightened out.

After I sent Krystal to the guest bedroom, I turned around the other members where they were looking at me with mischievous grins.

“What’s with the creepy faces?” I asked trying not to laugh.

“Well, since we’ve never met him before and he’s coming from a bad situation maybe we could throw him a mini welcome party at SM?” said an ecstatic Sooyoung.

“I’m sure he would like that. Go for it.”

“Jinja?! Yay! We’ll make sure it’s the best party he’s ever been to.”

“I appreciate that. Thanks you guys! He’s arriving tomorrow and it’s starting to get late, I think we should start planning. *all the members get up from their seats to leave* Taeyeon, Tiffany could you stay for a moment? I want to ask you something.”  With that all the members went to go plan while Taeyeon and Tiffany looked very confused.

“Since Krystal can’t be there tomorrow, I was wondering if the both of you would accompany to the airport.”

Their faces relaxed and they pulled me into a hug. “Of course we will!”

“Thank you!”

“Jessica, stop thanking us. Remember, he’s our brother too.”

I gave them a warm smile and nodded.

*Fast forward to when Officer Benson, Officer Stabler, and Andrew are boarding the flight to Korea the next morning*

Andrew’s POV

We’re about to board the plane that will take me back to happiness! I can’t wait to see my sisters again! Three years is a long time to go without seeing someone. I wish they didn’t have to see me like this though. I feel bad enough that they worried about me; I don’t want to think about what their faces will look like when they see my bruises, cuts and bandages. I’m just glad they didn’t give me crutches for my leg that would’ve really . I’d rather walk and deal with the pain than see them suffer more.

Officer Stabler and Benson smiled at me and said, “Hey champ, ready to get on the plane?”

If I could run without hurting myself, I would have. But since I couldn’t, I smiled really big and said, “Yes!”

We then made our way down the tunnel and onto the plane. Once we found our seats I fastened my seat belt, pulled out my iPod, put in my earphones and waited for departure. As the plane took off, I could sense a new journey was about to begin. 

A.N. Comments are greatly appreciated :D