Chapter 2: We're A Family

Redemption

Chapter 2: We’re Family

Jessica’s POV

“Taeyeon stop making my Pikachu fall off the platform!” Tiffany whined as she watched her character fall into nothingness.

“For the last time, that’s the point of the game Fany-ah!” Taeyeon said never taking her eyes off the screen.

At that moment, Sooyoung’s Mario got knocked of the platform by Taeyeon’s Ike. “Damn it! Why do you have to be so good at this game?!”

Taeyeon just smirked and let out her ahjumma laugh.

“We were supposed to be having a nice friendly dinner, how did it turn into a Super Smash Bro’s Brawl game night?” I asked while trying to whack Taeyeon’s Ike off the platform.

“Yah! You’re one to talk considering you’ve been hogging that controller for an hour!” Taeyeon yelled as she successfully defeated your Kirby.

“Aish, good game Taeyeon. Yah, Yuri it’s your turn.”

“Jinja! Finally.”

 I rolled my eyes at her in a joking manner and took a seat next to Tiffany trying to help her understand the game. Then suddenly my cellphone ringtone goes off. I checked to see who was calling and it was Andrew. I wished Tiffany luck for the next round and answered my phone. As I got up to get away from the noise, I wondered why he was up so late? It’s nearly 3am in California.

[English Phone Conversation]

“Baby Jung, why are you calling? It’s so late, you should be sleeping.” I said full of concern, while stepping over the many soda cans and chip bowls trying not to make a mess.

“Hello, Jessica Jung?”

“Yes, speaking. I’m sorry but can you hold on one second?”

 I muffled the phone with my hand and asked the members to pause the game. Once it was paused I resumed the conversation. “I’m sorry about the noise. Who may I ask is calling?”

“I’m sorry to have to call you so late, but I’m Olivia Benson from the California Police Department.”

“Excuse me but did you just say you’re a police officer?!”

“Yes, I called to speak about your younger brother Andrew.”

What had Andrew gotten himself into that had to involve a police officer I wondered. I headed for the nearest chair in the room, as I had to recollect what she had just said. Suddenly my mind began to race with all these questions and within seconds worry came over me.

“Did my brother do something wrong?! How hurt is he?! Is he in dan-...”

“Miss Jung, everything is fine, as of right now he is now in the hospital receiving treatment and asked me to call you.”

My mouth went dry. I tried to speak, but the only word that came out was, “Hospital…” That simple plain yet menacing word pierced through me like a bullet hitting its target right on the mark.

Tiffany (who also speaks English) immediately stopped talking and turned her head towards me with a cautious look in her eyes.

“Police officer?! Hospital?! Sica, what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked in English.

I put one finger to my mouth signaling her to be quiet. She nodded and explained what was happening to the other members.

“Yes, he’s in the hospital. I know this is a lot to take in but I believe he really needs you at this point.”

“I understand, Officer I would like to call you back. Is that alright with you?”

“Absolutely, I’ll be awaiting you call Jessica. Bye.”

I hung up the phone and noticed the other members were giving me concerned looks. But I ignored them and called Krystal.

[Phone Conversation]

“Unnie? Why are you calling me? It’s almost 9:00 o’clock.” Krystal said in a confused tone.

“Krystal, I need you to come to SNSD’s dorm as soon as possible! A police officer just called me from Baby Jung’s phone and said he’s in the hospital.

“Wait... What?!” She yelled.

“I don’t know what happened just yet but I told her I’d call her right back because I need you here with me”

Alright, just give me 15mins, I’m about to leave my dorm. I’ll be right there” Krystal said as she hung up.

*Fast forwards 10 minutes later*

She arrived at my dorm 5 minutes earlier than expected and gave me a big hug and sat herself down to rest. Poor Krystal had ran all the way from the F(x) building. Aside from her slight huffing and puffing, I noticed she was already starting to cry. It took a little while for me to calm her down and offered her a glass of water.

I lead her into the living room, where my members were. As they made room for the both of us on the couch I said, “Krystal-ah, don’t cry. We still have to call Officer Benson and see what happened.”

Krystal wiped the tears off her face, while Yoona gave her a tissue and Sunny rubbed her back. “I know. *sniff* I’m just so worried.”

“We all are, we’ll get through this.” I said in comfort.

I gave her a slight smile and pulled out my phone. But before I called Officer Benson back, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Taeyeon giving me a warm smile.

Rubbing her neck nervously she asked, “Sica this is probably asking a lot of you, but would you mind putting the call on speaker phone?”

“Taeyeon… I don’t know.” I said lost for words.

“Jessica, you’re our sister, which makes your family ours too. If something happened to our baby Jung, we all need to know everything so we can all be there for him.” The other members nodded in agreement.

Trying to find a reason to deny them, I said, “But you won’t be able to understand us, we’ll be speaking in English.”

Tiffany smiled and said, “Just leave that to me. I’ll translate for them. Please let us listen?” 

“Well… Krystal might not want-”

“Unnie I think we should let them listen.” Krystal said staring at me with intense eyes daring me to look at her puppy dog pout.

Oh no, not the puppy dog pout! This is so not fair; she knows I can’t resist the puppy dog pout! I grimaced at Tiffany and said, “Araso, but please translate as quietly as possible. We don’t want to miss anything she says.”

Tiffany gave me a salute along with her signature eye-smile and said, “You can count on me Jess!”

As much as it pained me to do it, I couldn’t help but smile. At least I knew my sisters would always be there for me when I needed them the most. After making sure everyone was ready, I grasped my phone, dialed baby Jung’s number, put it on speaker phone and waited for Officer Benson to pick up. 

A.N. My Co-Author Ann Marie Lana edited this chapter slighty. she found out what was missing from it before. Sorry for the confusion :) Chapter 3 is now posted!