Chapter 7: Flirting in the Dark

Redemption

Chapter 7: Flirting in the Dark

Seohyun’s POV

On our way back to the dorms, a storm started to rage; rain, thunder, lighting, the whole works. As we walked through the front door, the lights went out.  Great, just great, the lights went out!

“Seohyun, the lights went out could you light some candles?” Sunny unnie and Sooyoung unnie asked.

“Yes unnies!”

I gathered some candles and lit them around the dorm. Suddenly, it felt like someone was watching me. I felt a ‘tap’ on my shoulder, nearly giving me a heart attack.

“Omo! Who’s there?!” I shouted literally jumping a foot in the air.

“Seohyun, don’t worry, it’s me Andrew. Mianhe, I didn’t mean to scare you. I was wondering if you needed any help.”

Thank goodness it’s dark right now. He can’t see me blushing. “That would be really great.. Thank you.”

“No worries, it’s my pleasure.”

At that moment he stepped forward closing the distance between us. This position felt very intimate. He and I reached for a candle at the same time and our hands touched for a brief moment. My face was burning and on the inside I was screaming happily, but I tried to keep, myself composed. 

“So, how do you like the dorm?” I asked while lighting a new candle, not really paying attention to what I was doing.

“The dorm is nice. It gives off the feeling of home and-… Seohyun, your sleeve is on fire!”

“Ah!” I screamed in shock. While I could feel the heat surrounding my arm, everyone started panicking and running around the house like chickens without a head. Except for Andrew, he was the only one who kept calm. Thinking clearly, he went straight to the kitchen, filled a cup with water, ran to me and poured the water on my sleeve; putting out the fire.

His face filled with concern, he asked, “Are you alright?”

“Are you okay?” Everyone else asked equally as concerned.

“For the most part I’m okay, but I think my arm got burned.” I answered quietly.

Andrew grabbed my hand gently and examined it. “Hmmm…1st degree burn, nothing major.  

Let’s go to the bathroom so we can get it treated.”

“No offense Andrew, but shouldn’t she go to the doctors to get that treated?” Yoona asked.

“That does sound more trustworthy.” Jessica added.

Andrew looked at Jessica with a frustrated expression. “Noona trust me, I know how to treat burns.”

“You know how to treat burns? Don’t tell me they burned you?!” Jessica pleaded.

“Ummm… Look Krystal and her friends are here!” Andrew exclaimed practically running toward the door.

Noticing Andrew coming towards them, the F(x) members moved out of the way, giving him a clear path to Krystal. Krystal opened her arms and caught him mid hug. “Andrew look at you, you’re so big! I can’t believe you’re here right now. I missed you so much!*the tears she held in started to fall* We’re so sorry. You needed us there and we failed you. Can you find it in your heart to forgive us?”

He buried his face deeper into Krystal’s neck. “I had forgiven you both a long time ago... Please do not make me regret it.”

Krystal tightened the hug, leaving no space between them. Jessica watched the scene with a big smile on her face. That is until she remembered Andrew was burned.

“Krystal, do you know what our parents did to him?!” She yelled angrily.

Krystal’s facial expression went blank and then became wary. She could sense hellsica coming. “Not in full detail.”

Jessica was so angry her nostrils were flaring. “They burned him! Along with a bunch of other crap! I can’t believe I ever thought of them as my parents! They better hope the security during the trial is as good as they assume to be at their jobs because I might end of slapping them.”

Amber watched Jessica with a frightened expression and took a step backward. She then looked at Krystal and mumbled, “And you wonder why your sister scares me.”

Krystal stuck her tongue out at Amber then said jokingly, “Be quiet. Do you want her to hear you?”

Amber shook her head violently, while the rest of F(x) laughed.

As Jessica continued to rant, Andrew shouted, “Noona, I’m going to help Seohyun now!”

He then took hold of my hand and whispered in my ear, “Let’s go before her hellsica mode unleashes full throttle.”

My face went crimson once again. I cleared my throat before whispering back, “Shouldn’t you help calm her down though?”

Even in semi-darkness I could tell he had a grin on his face. “Nah, Krystal can handle it. Now run before someone sees!”

Hearing what he said, Krystal’s body whipped around so fast she almost fell. “Excuse me? I can do what?!”

“Please and thank you!” Shooting a sympathetic glance at Krystal, he and I made our way hand in hand up the stairs.

Because I was worried about my hand and looking more stupid in front of my crush, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and tripped while running up the stairs.

Andrew looked down and chuckled. “What’s with you today? Are you being this clumsy on purpose?”

“N-no… *tries to walk* Ngh, I think I sprained my ankle.” I winced.

He shook his head and laughed.

I slapped him playfully. “Yah! This isn’t funny!”

“I’m sorry but you’re so cute.”

This time I’m sure he saw me blush. “You really think I’m cute? *Andrew nodded* Th-thanks.”

I got up slowly and tried to walk. “Ow! I can’t put weight on it.”

“Here let me help.” Andrew said suddenly picking me up bridal style.

“What are you doing?!” I yelled in surprise.

“Aish… don’t scream so loud. It hurts my ears.” Andrew said jokingly.

Narrator’s POV

Down stairs, it became very quiet as they watched Andrew and Seohyun. (A.N. You’d think they would both notice the ranting stop, but no. Pabo maknaes xD Let more fluff commence!)

“You’re the one who picked me up out of nowhere, not my fault!” Seohyun said using her aegyo.

Andrew rolled his eyes and started walking up the stairs. “My apologies miss.” He said sarcastically while he turned the corner.

As they disappeared from view, the silence broke and everyone started discussing what they saw.

“Did Andrew pick up Seohyun bridal style and did she actually use her aegyo to complain about it?!” Jesscia asked in disbelief.

A small smile spread upon Krystal’s lips. “I believe so. Our little Andrew has just as much of a crush on Seohyun as she does on him. So cute!”

BoA giggled. “I quite agree. But I have to say, for someone with a lot of injuries, he’s very strong.”

“And definitely not afraid of flirting.” Yunho added as he put his arm around BoA’s shoulders, kissing her on the cheek.

“That’s odd though. He’s usually very shy around other girls. This is the first time; I’ve actually seen him be a leading man.”

Taeyeon gave a small smile. “I think he’s too infatuated to care.”

Tiffany giggled. “Mhmmm… I agree with Taeyeon. Sometimes love is all you need to become confident.”  Hmmm… Taeyeon seems to be in a good mood, but her actions don’t seem genuine and her smile doesn’t quite reach her eyes. What is she hiding? *thinks for a moment* NO WAY! Tae tell me you didn’t?