Chapter 8: Moment Ruined... Or Not

Redemption

Chapter 8: Moment Ruined... Or Not

Seohyun’s POV

Meanwhile in the bathroom, Andrew gently sat me down on the edge of the bath tub.

“Seohyun, where is the first aid kit?”

I pointed upwards. “It’s in the cabinet above the sink.”

Andrew opened the water tap for the bath tub and played around with the temperature for a while before standing up and heading to the cabinet.  “Thanks. While I get everything leave your hand under the water, it’ll help with the pain. Oh and don’t make it any colder because that’s not good for the nerves in your hand.”

I nodded and did as she was told. Andrew the more we are together, the more my feelings for you grow. I am a member of SNSD, but you make me feel so average in comparison. Am I good enough for you?*Laughs silently* Aiyah, look at me; I’m getting too ahead of myself.

Being deep in thought, I didn’t notice Andrew had already comeback. “Seohyun *no answer*, Seohyun *still no answer*, SEOHYUN!” Andrew yelled, making me jump and almost fall in the bathtub. You’re kidding me right?! Haven’t I fallen down and gotten injured enough for tonight?

Noticing I was about to fall, Andrew rushed forward and caught me at the last second, pressing our bodies so close together that you could barely fit a book between us. For a split second, it seemed like he was going to kiss me. Our faces were so close and that sturn look he was giving me was so intense. It was then that I got a good look at his eyes. They were a piercing blue color, not brown like Jessica and Krystal’s, why hadn’t I noticed this sooner? But before I could say anything he brought me back to my original position, turned the water off, sat on the floor and started treating my ankle. “Andrew, I’m sorry. I didn’t.. I wasn’t.. I mean, are you okay? You didn’t break anything right?” As soon as the words came stumbling out of my mouth my face had immediately felt as if it had caught on fire.

He chuckled as he finished wrapping the bandage around my ankle. “Seohyun, the only injuries I have right now are not from you. I’m fine, really.”

“Phew! *pauses* Are you sure you’re okay? You’re not saying any of this to spare my feelings are you?”

Andrew got off the floor just enough to kneel in front of me. He then gently grabbed my injured hand and started applying ointment to it. “Seohyun, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me so much. If I remember correctly you’re the idol here, not me.”

I knew he meant it as a joke, but the way he said it didn’t feel right to me. “Don’t say it like that.”

He raised his head and looked at me with a confused face.  “Say what?”

I tilted his chin up forcing him to look me in the eyes. “Don’t make it sound like you aren’t important.”  

He forced his head to turn back down and started wrapping my hand in a bandage. It was quiet for a bit, but then in a low soft voice he said, “But I’m not important. No one besides you guys would give a damn if I were hurt. Any of you get hurt and the world gets sent into frenzy.”

I brought my good hand up and his right cheek. “Never say that again. Please. I care-I mean we care for you. Isn’t that enough?”

He thought about it for a moment as he finished bandaging my hand. “You’re right. I guess I’m not used to all the attention yet, sorry.”

I smiled at him shyly. He noticed a strand of my hair was out of place and slowly placed it behind my ear. The moment he placed it behind my ear, our eyes connected and we both started leaning closer, closing the gap between us. Our faces were literally one inch apart when suddenly the door flew open and we both pulled away fiercely.

Narrator’s POV

The door of the bathroom flung open revealing a cheerful Taeyeon and Yoona. “So how’s our little Seobaby?!”

Unnies! You couldn’t wait 5 or 10 more minutes! Seohyun thought to herself angrily as she stood up. In a somewhat cold voice she said, “I’m fine. You can go back down stairs. We’ll be there soon.”

Why is she acting coldly toward us? We just wanted to know how she was doing. *looks at Andrew putting things away and notices that his face is a deep red* Something was about to happen.. They couldn’t have been, Did they? Or were they about too?  Oh my, we should leave. Like right now! Maybe they’ll be able to get that moment back. Yoona looked at Seohyun guiltily. “Oh okay, we’ll just be going down now. C’mon Tae! Let’s go check.. uh what everyone wants for breakfast tomorrow!”

As Yoona and Taeyeon went down the stairs, Taeyeon had a slight smirk on her face. kekeke Sorry for running your moment Seohyun, but this means that I still have a chance with him. Nothing personal, but all is fair in love and war.

After they left, Seohyun noticed Andrew hurriedly putting things away. No, he’s putting everything away! There has to be a way to get the moment back! She tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. “*clears * So, where were we?”

He slowly turned around and faced her. Seohyun, I know you’re trying to get us back to where we were, but it has been ruined. I’m sorry. “Um… we were about to go down stairs. Let’s hurry before everyone starts to worry.” Andrew said offering his hand for Seohyun to hold.

Seohyun sighed silently as she took Andrew’s hand. We were so close; SO CLOSE to kissing. Aish… I know I shouldn’t be mad at my unnies for caring about me, but why did they have to interrupt us at that precise moment in time?! *sigh* Never mind, what’s done is done. We’ll just have to create another moment that’s all.

Seohyun being deep in thought again, failed to realize Andrew trying to get her attention. “Seohyun, are you listening to me? *pauses* Seohyun, I just want to know if you can walk down the stairs or not? *pauses* Seohyun, hello?!” She can’t hear me? Then it’s time to do something drastic!

Suddenly in one swift movement, Andrew pulled Seohyun in close and kissed her gently on the lips. To him it was fairly quick, nothing major, but to her it felt like the most amazing kiss in the world! Andrew released Seohyun from his grip and took a couple steps back. “So, now that I have your attention. *Notices Seohyun is in a daze smiling to herself* I do have your attention right?” He asked gently patting her cheek. Seohyun’s mind wildly races. Whaaa?! Did this really just happened? Oh I hope this isn’t a dream! I can’t stop smiling!

Seohyun had no clue what he said, but she answered anyway. “What? ..Oh yeah.”

“You were, huh? So, what did I just say?” Andrew asked with a smirk on his face, clearly amused.

“You weren’t talking about the kiss, were you?” Seohyun asked blushing furiously.

Andrew chuckled and shook his head. “Ah, nope. “

Seohyun giggled and hid her face. “Then no, I didn’t hear anything you just said.”

Andrew gave her a kind smile. “I was asking if you can walk down the stairs.”

Seohyun made and “O” shape with . “Oh ummm… I don’t think I can.”

“Alright then, *he squats in front of Seohyun* jump on. I’ll piggy back you down the stairs.”

“Okay. *she jumps on his back* Wait, are you sure this is okay?” Seohyun asked slightly concerned.

Andrew waited until he was almost near the end of the staircase to answer. “If it wasn’t, it’s too late now. And we are here. I believe this is where you get off Ms. Seo.”   

Before Seohyun got off, she turned Andrew’s head to the left and kissed him. As she pulled away she whispered in his ear, “You’re not the only one who can kiss people.”

Then she got off and left him standing there speechless. As she walked around the corner into the living room, he could hear her giggling.

Andrew let out a chuckle. Before following Seohyun into the living room he said quietly, “Well, she definitely has my attention.”