Chapter 10: Scholarship & Nightmares

Redemption

Andrew’s POV

While happily cuddling with Seohyun on the couch, I cursed mentally when my phone rang out of nowhere. The caller I.D said Seoul University. I looked over to Jessica. “Hey Jess, this call is really important, can I answer it in your room?”

She nodded and I sprinted towards her room, shutting the door and answered my cell phone. “Hello.”

“Hello this is this is the admissions director for Seoul University. I’m calling for Andrew Christopher Jung.”

“This is he. What can I do for you?”

“Mr. Jung it appears that you haven’t accepted your full ride scholarship to Seoul National University and when we looked you up in our computer system it showed us that you haven’t even sent us a reply about whether or not you would be attending this school in the spring.”

My eyes went wide with shock. “What?! Nothing was ever sent to me, so I assumed I didn’t get in.”

“Are you sure you didn’t get anything? We spoke to your parents on the phone last week and they said that you received everything.”

In my confused state, I tried really hard to think back to last week and then it hit me. Of course! Why didn’t I see it before?! I was so stupid! I could feel myself slowly losing my self-control. “I think my parents must have forgotten to give them to me. I’m so sorry for the confusion. But I would very much like to attend your school in the spring and I accept the full ride scholarship.”

“Alright, let me record everything in the database and I will mail everything to you shortly.”

Having him on the phone seemed like a convenient time to inform him about my address situation, so I did. “Sir, could you email it to me? My home address has changed recently and until I know my new address it would be an easier way to reach me.”

“Alright young man I will do that, you have a nice night.”

“You as well, good night sir.” I pressed the end call button pretty hard and tried my best to calm down, but I couldn’t. It felt like I was turning into the incredible hulk. I tossed my phone at the wall as hard as I could and it broke in half.

“Damn flip phone, you’re all broken now!” I took ahold of something in Jessica’s room and repeatedly hit my phone over and over again until it broke into tinier pieces.

Then I kicked the fragments away with my foot. Forgetting that my leg was still hurt I kicked the wall. “!” I yelled clutching my leg in pain.

Before I knew it, I was flinging everything in sight; seeing nothing but red. Taeyeon and Tiffany must’ve heard the noise and came to investigate because all of a sudden they were in the room with me. Tiffany and Taeyeon shouted at me when they walked in and saw me throwing everything, but once they noticed I didn’t even seem to hear them or notice their presence they knew something was wrong. Taeyeon tried unsuccessfully to hold me back and Tiffany kept yelling stop. But I didn’t care, as long as I didn’t hurt them. Then out of nowhere, everyone seemed to be in the room. They all just stood there in shock. But now with everyone in the room, I became more aware of what I was doing and tried to stop myself from throwing things. Eventually, I calmed down enough to where my fists were trembling. Once it was quiet enough, Jessica walked over to me slowly, “Baby Jung, are you okay?”

I tried to keep my voice under control as I answered her. “I’m fine. But my phone isn’t. I think I may need a new one.”

 I gestured to her feet, where the fragments of the phone were. Slowly she reached down to pick it up. Her face was filled with shock, as was everyone else’s. She handed off the pieces to Krystal who held them up to get a better look at them. Krystal looked at the pieces with a really confused expression. “How was this ever a phone? It looks more like wires and plastic.”

In anger, I lashed out at her. “No one was asking you Soojung! Besides it’s not my fault, it’s theirs! It’s always their fault!”

Jessica stopped Soojung from retaliating against me and asked confusedly, “Their? Who is their?”

A sigh of anger escaped from my mouth. “Who do you think? Dora the Explorer and her cousin Diego?! Our parents smart one!”

Not being able to take it anymore I ran my hands through my hair and started pacing in frustration.

“Take a breath and relax. What happened?” Yunho asked as he stopped my pacing.

I closed my eyes and turned away from everyone, this time my whole body was trembling in anger. “Seoul University called me telling me about how I got offered a full ride scholarship there, but wondering why I haven’t even sent confirmation about attending the school. I never received anything from them so I assumed that I just never got in. But then they mentioned that my parents said I had received everything and was thinking about it. Then it all fell into place. I should’ve known what they were doing. Being nice my , they never do anything nice unless it’s for themselves. So stupid!”

“Meaning what?” Yunho asked from behind me.

“Meaning they threw out all my letters!” Letting out all my anger, I went back to throwing things. No one really knew how calm me down or stop me, so Krystal took matters into her own hands and started throwing stuff back at me; which admittedly didn’t help at all.

“Could you not!” I yelled back at her.

She gave me this really stubborn look. “No! Keep throwing things and I’ll throw stuff back at you!”

In a matter of maybe 2 minutes a fight broke out between the two of us where stuff was flying everywhere. So naturally, Jessica had to intervene. “Will you both stop it?! I swear sometimes you two can be so immature!”

Krystal and I stopped for a brief moment. Looking at each other we knew what had to be done. We both nodded and flung whatever was in our hands at Jessica.

Jessica dodged our objects just in time. “Yah! That wasn’t funny!”

By that point Krystal and I were already together presenting a united front. Krystal laughed and said, “Really? We thought it was hilarious unnie. Give up yet?”

Jessica sighed. “Only if you two promise to help me clean this mess.”

I laughed. “Deal! But I can clean this by myself if you want. It was my fault after all.”

Jessica and Krystal shook their heads like I had said something silly. “No. We’re going to help you and after that we can have dinner and then go to sleep.”

Narrator’s POV

With that, the three of them cleaned up the mess Andrew had made and then we went on to eat dinner. Dinner was great. Not only did it have Andrew’s favorite Korean dishes, it had his favorite American dishes as well. Everyone from Jessica and Krystal’s groups seemed so friendly that he wasn’t so shy anymore. It made him feel normal again. That is until they all went to sleep. Andrew chose to sleep on the couch because he didn’t want to be a bother, but that was a big mistake. That night Andrew dreamt of the last beating his parents gave him and it turned into his nightmare. He was thrashing to the point where he fell off the couch on his bad leg awakening the whole house with his cry of pain.

Krystal’s POV

It was about 11 pm when everyone decided to go to sleep. As I lay in bed, I felt bad that Andrew was sleeping on the couch. But he wouldn’t let any of us sleep on there, insisting that a gentleman would never do that to a girl. Instead of worrying, I tried to relax and close my eyes. I fell asleep almost instantly. Around maybe 1:30 am I was awakened by Andrew screaming. Immediately, I jumped out of bed and ran to the couch. When I got there, BoA and Yunho were already standing over him, thank god someone got to him. He looked conscious, but really shaken up. Everyone else started to come out from their rooms to check on him as well, but Jessica was not one of those people. Where was she? “Does anybody know where unnie is?”

Yuri nodded tiredly. “I think she is still in our room.”

I didn’t know whether to laugh or be horrified. “Sleeping?!”

Yuri nodded. “Mhmmm… You know Jessica, she’s a heavy sleeper.”

I folded the sleeves to my pajamas up as if I were going to be doing hard work. “Oh believe me; she won’t be sleeping when I’m done with her.”

I walked over to unnie’s room and sure enough, there she was sleeping like a baby. Looking around for something to hit her with, I found a big fluffy pillow from Yuri’s bed. That’ll work. I grabbed it and started whacking her with it. “Would you wake up?!”

After hitting her with the pillow about a billion times, she finally woke up. Angrily she yelled, “Can’t a person sleep around here?!”

I hit her square in the face with the pillow. “How can you be sleeping at a time like this?! Baby Jung had a nightmare and hurt himself in his sleep!”

That piece of information definitely woke her up. She quickly jumped out of bed and lightly whacked the back of my head. “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner?!”

“Because I had to hit you with a pillow like a gazillion times to even wake you up.” I said sassily with an incredulous look on my face.

She rolled her eyes at me. “Whatever, let’s go check on baby Jung.”

We both ran to the couch area as fast as we could. Once we got there everyone moved away from him, allowing us to move closer. Getting a better look at his face, he did look a lot better than before, but he was still pale. I went to the kitchen to grab him a cold glass of water and handed it to him. “How are you feeling baby Jung?”

Andrew’s POV

As I reached out my hand to take the glass of water from Krystal, I forced myself to hold back on my jerk-like comment. “I’m feeling a lot better than earlier.”

Jessica rubbed my back soothingly. “Want to tell us what happened earlier?”

Before I could explain, BoA beat me to it. “He had a nightmare about his most recent beating.”

Jessica and Krystal stiffened up a bit. I slowly stood up from where I was and said, “Guys I’m okay, really. You can go back to bed.”

Jessica and Krystal looked at me with scared expressions. “Are you sure? We can totally stay up with you.”

I nodded. “I’m sure. Now go to sleep.”

“What about you?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“Me? Well, I’m not that sleepy anymore. I’ll just listen to music or something.” I said trying to smile.

Seohyun walked over to me while everyone was heading back to their rooms. “How about I stay here with you? I’m sure you don’t want to be alone after the nightmare you just had.”

“Are you sure? Since we’re going to the zoo tomorrow, I’d assume you wouldn’t want to look like a panda in public.” I asked her as I chucked at the thought of her with panda eyes came into my head.

She nodded and took a seat next to me. “Yes I’m sure. I don’t care that I’ll look like a panda either. This is what I do for someone I care about. Get used to it.”

I gave her a military salute. “Yes general Hyunnie.” 

She raised an eyebrow at me. “Hyunnie?”

I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck. “Oh I hope you don’t mind that I gave you a nickname?” 

She shook her head cutely as she blushed. “Nope, it’s actually kind of cute.”

Narrator’s POV

Throughout the rest of the night, Andrew and Seohyun spent the time talking about not only his dream, but about each other. For example, Seohyun told Andrew that she liked to eat super healthy foods and he told her about how he was obsessed with anything that has to do with Power Rangers ever since he was a kid. They also got into more in depth stuff like their childhood and family lives as well as lots of other things. As it got closer to the morning Seohyun grew more and more sleepy. Finally at around 5:30 am she fell asleep on Andrew’s couch with her head in his lap. Still riled up from his dream, Andrew decided that now would be the perfect time to start his workout and afterwards cook breakfast for everyone.

Before he did anything, he stood up very carefully being careful not to wake Seohyun and laid her head on the pillow he was using. He took his blanket and covered her body with it. He stayed, watching her sleep for a bit and then said with a smile on his face, “Hyunnie, I would never have the courage to tell you this if you weren’t asleep, but I really am starting to like you a lot. If it weren’t for the fact that we just met today, I would even say I love you. Sleep well Hyunnie.”

With that off his chest, Andrew starts to do some push-ups, sit-ups, etc. to kill the time until it’s time to cook breakfast. What he didn’t know was that Seohyun was had been semi-conscious the entire time. What a wonderful dream she thought to herself. And sleep soon fell over her completely. 

~Author's Note 

Finally I've updated this story! Sorry about how bad I've gotten with updating guys. College is getting harder because now I'm a Junior and this past November my mother passed away. Life has been hard, but I've found inspiration to write recently so yay for that! I hope this continues so I can update for stories in the future :) Also, just incase you haven't seen it yet, this is the link for the spin- off of this story. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/877262/redemption-grey-s-anatomy-spin-off-snsd-yunboa-angst00 Check it out because I updated that too! haha Oh comments would also be appreciated! Thank you my loyal readers <3