003: Hello Korea

|| I'm Engage To L Joe || { editing }
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 003 — we've known each other; at the parallel side of the universe probably.  한 • 두 • 세 • 네 • 다섯
 

 

   Until when is she going to stop knocking? thought Minjae as she look for her iPod and headphones. Seeing it at the far corner of the wall, she picked it up and frowns. "Aish I ruined them. . .," she heaved a sigh and slumps against the wall, staring at the door. 

"Kwon Minjae open the door. . .jebal," begged her mother causing Minjae to roll her eyes. She hasn't been this mad at her mom ever since the day she blamed her for her father's death; her biological's father's death. Clenching her fist and swallowing her pride, she finally stands up and open the door. 

"Minjae-ah. . .," she paused as she look around the room, all the colour in her face draining. Minjae raised an eyebrow as she watches her mother scan her messy room.

"I know you're mad. . .," Minjae scoffed at this, gesturing her mother to continue.

"But it's the only way to save their dying company. It helped our company also when we emerge," Minjae rolled her eyes at this statement. Always thinking about yourself. . .as always umma, she wanted to say it out loud but she can't because no matter how much she hates her mother right now, her mom still has feelings.

"Minjae-ah please say something," her mother begged but Minjae just remained quiet, walking pass her as she walks downstairs. It has been a few hours since she ate anything so she headed to the kitchen and looked for something to eat. 

"Don't blame your mother. I was the one who suggested this," her step-father's voice interrupted her and she turn around.

"We know you will be like this but when I saw you and the boy really close to each other I figured. . .I figured why not," he said and Minjae looked at him, completely confuse. Boy? Am I really close to this boy. I can't remember anything, she thought. Minjae just nooded as she takes an instant ramen cup at the pantry.

"But then he moved after his parent's company and ours emerged. Now, here we are. I heard he is back at Korea," her step-father continued, making Minjae bang her hand on the counter top.

"Look appa, I don't care who he is. I don't care if he is back in Korea or not; and I couldn't care less about this "engagement" thing or whatever you call it," and with that, Minjae walked out the kitchen and into the living room. Her step-father sighed, mixing up his daughter's ramen cup. 

Minjae took a seat on the sofa, trying to entertain herself when a phone call interrupted her. She picked up the home phone, muttering "hello".

"Hey lil sis," her step-brothers voice greeted her and her mood lifted slightly. 

"Oppa," she muttered, playing with the fabric on the cushions. She figured her brother finally landed back in Korea since Japan isn't that far from Korea when flying in airplane. 

"So. . ., how was the news?" Jiyong asked and Minjae frowned.

"How do you know?" she asked, silence on the other line. "Answer me. How do you know?!" asked Minjae loudly on the phone.

"Mianhae. Umma, appa and I know," he finally replied, causing Minjae to drop the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter