The Answer Man (Super Junior)

Idols Are Skary (Short Stories)

Answer Man

The Answer Man is an urban legend about a game that is played by kids in Japan. They say the game can invoke an evil spirit that will answer any question given to it.

You need:

  • Ten (or more) people who each own a cell phone

Step 1: Gather ten people in a loose circle. Each person must have the cell phone number of the person to their left.

Step 2: On the count of three, each person presses the call button to contact the person on their left 

Step 3: Everyone puts their phone to their ear and listens


Because everyone is calling each other at the same time, all of the phones should be busy and nobody should receive an answer.

However, one person will find that their call is mysteriously answered and they will hear a voice on the other end of the line.

This is the Answer Man.

When you are on the phone with the Answer Man, you can ask him anything. He will answer whatever questions you choose to ask him. However, after he gives you your answer, he will have a question for you. They say that if you answer his questions incorrectly or are unable to give an answer, a large gnarled hand will appear from the phone and tear off a piece of your body.

 

 

 

Heechul just finished explaining the game with a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

"Well let's get started then," Leeteuk said and pulled out his phone.

 

"I don't think I really want to do this . . ." Sungmin said a little nervously. "Aw come on hyung it's not that bad," Kyuhyun smiled and wrapped his arm around Sungmin's neck. "Oh fine."

 

All elven boys were in their Junior to Senior years in highschool. They all got to detention and had to clean all the classrooms on floor three of the building. Heechul had discovered a notebook in a girls desk and decided to look through it thinking he'd find some juicy secrets on the girls deepest fantasies in order to seduce her later on. But alas he only found instructions for a game: The Answer Man.

 

The Answer Man was an urban legend often played by kids in Japan. Or so the instructions had said.

 

All the guys sat in a small circle.

 

Ryeowook to Kangin to Donghae to Leeteuk to Heechul to Siwon to Kyuhyun to Eunhyuk to Yesung to Sungmin to Shindong.

 

"Alright let's get started," Yesung said and opened his phone scrolling through his contacts till he found Eunhyuk.

 

Everyone scrolled through their contacts and found the number of the boy to their left.

 

"Alright on the count of three we'll call each other." Eunhyuk said and everyone nodded.

 

"One." Siwon said.

 

"Two." Donghae smirked.

 

"No!" Ryeowook yelled and everyone looked at him startled.

 

"What's wrong Ryeowook?" Kangin asked.

 

"I can't do this . . . " Ryeowook started to shake as Kangin held him

.

"It'll be okay, I promise!" Kangin smiled and Ryeowook forced a smile back and nodded.

 

"Okay."

 

Simotaneously they all called each other. The phones all said busy.

 

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

 

Till the one got answered.

 

"Ask me what you want." The voice on the other line said. Everyone looked at each other trying to see who had gotten it. It was Donghae. Dongahe exhaled and thought about what he wanted to ask.

 

"Was it my fault she died?" His voice was sincere and scared. He was shaking, waiting for the Answer Man to answer his long awaited question.

 

"No." The Answer Man answered, Donghae let out a sigh of relief, all these years after his lover had died in a motorcycle accident he never knew if it was his fault her not, he felt like he should have stopped her from going home, he should have told her to stay with him . . . but he didn't, and now all the guilt and sorrow he felt was all gone. "My turn." The Answer Man said. Donghae was getting scared, what if the Answer Man asked him a ridiculous question!? What if he didn't know the answer!? All the members were staring at Donghae in anticipation.

 

"Why did you let her go?" The voice asked.

 

Donghae's eyes went wide, "W-what?" He stutered.

 

"Why did you let her die!?" The voice screamed.

 

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" Donghae screamed. All the while the members just stared at him, there was nothing they could do!

 

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!" The Answer Man yelled. Donghae trembeled.

 

"I don't know . . ."

 

Within seconds a huge black hand flooded out of Donghae's cellphone, it grabbed Donghae's neck and he began to scream. This was it. This was how he was going to die.

 

"YOU LET ME DIE!" A woman screeched and the hand began to tear Donghae's body apart, all the members were screaming and running out of the room as Donghae cried for help but there was no one, all his friends had left him as the hand ripped him apart . . .

 

 

Donghae jumped up from his bed, he was wearing a nice white shirt and white pajama pants, he looked at his hands and felt his face. He felt younger. The door to his bedroom opened and in walked Julia, she smiled at him and he about jumped out of his skin! "Julia!" He yelled as she ran and hugged him.

 

"Donghae!"

 

"We're together! We're finally together!" He yelled and she smiled so sweetly. His face slowly started to get less wrinkly, he now gained 5 years to his age.

 

"Yes, but you must rest." She said.

 

"This isn't a dream, right?!" He asked quickly, his voice became slightly higher, like he was going through puberty again.

 

"No, I'm real, you're real," she smiled again, "but you have to rest." Donghae willingly obeyed, Julia sat down behind him and let him rest his head on her lap.

 

"I missed you." Donghae whispered like a child.

 

"And I, you." She said.

 

"Sing for me." He said, "Sing the song you would always sing." She smiled at the six year old Donghae who stood before her. She cleared , and began to sing.

 

 

Little child, be not afraid

The rain pounds hard against the glass

Like an unwanted stranger

There is no danger

I am here tonight

 

Little child

Be not afraid

Though thunder explodes

And lightning flash

Illuminates your tearstained face

I am here tonight

 

And someday you'll know

That nature is so

This same rain that draws you near me

Falls and rivers and land

And forests and sand

Makes the beautiful world that you see

In the morning

 

And I hope that you'll know

That nature is so

This same rain that draws you near me

Falls on rivers and land

And forests and sand

Makes the beautiful world that you see

In the morning

 

Everything's fine in the morning

 The rain will be gone in the morning

 

"But you'll still be here . . . in the morning." Donghae sang and drifted off to an eternal slumber.