Psycho (Kai of EXO-K)

Idols Are Skary (Short Stories)

We all have that inner killer right?

 

I mean come on . . .

 

Some can supress the feelings . . .

 

Others their inner killer is so deep down they can't even find it . . .

 

And then there's us . . . we were born to kill . . .

 

I know what you're thinking . . .

 

. . . Psycho . . .

 

But I assure you . . .

 

That's not what I am.

 

 

It all started on Tuesday, the seventeenth.

 

Just another day in school.

 

Talk to my friends, hang out with my girlfriend.

 

I would always take English, Science, and Algebra 2 for my first period, then Gym and all that other crap. Normal boring day . . . or so I thought . . .

 

 

I was walking home from school to go work at this little grocery shop.

 

I walked in and greeted the manager and walked to the back and put my bags in my locker and walked back to the front.

 

"Hey Kai, I gotta run so you'll have to close shop, okay?" The manager asked and I nodded. He ran out and left me all alone.

 

The nightshift was normally very quiet, the occasional drunk, maybe a family that is traveling, stripers who are just getting off work. That sort of thing.

 

I was leaning on the counter trying not to fall asleep, it was now 1AM.

 

RING!

 

RING!

 

The bells on the door rang and in walked two men with masks and walked over holding guns, "Get the money," one of them ordered.

 

I just stood there.

 

"NOW!" The other yelled and pointed his gun directly at my head.

 

I don't know what came over me, I grabbed his arm and slammed it down on the counter and the other shot but I had ducked in time, I grabbed the gun out of the one whose hand I had slammed down.

 

I pointed the gun at the others head and shot, without even thinking I shot the other and I had two dead bodies in the shop.

 

I stared in horror, what had I done . . .

 

I just killed two men!

 

I grabbed a cloth and wiped the gun down and hid it in the shelves.

 

I grabbed he bodies and dragged them out to the dumpsters out in the back.

 

I then started to mop the floor from the blood and cleaned everything up, hoping with all my power that no one saw what I had done.

 

After I was done cleaning I grabbed my stuff from my locker and locked up for the night and went home.

 

That whole night I imaged the men and how I easily shot them in the head not even thinking twice about it.

 

Why did I do that? I asked myself.

 

What  possessed me to do that?

 

It just seemed so . . . easy.

 

I shook the thoughts from my head and fell asleep.

 

At school the next day it seemed like everything everyone said led me to remember last night . . .

 

"Dude I totally killed it last night!"Luhan cheered.

 

"Only One Shot, only one shot, breaking walls when you coming with that one shot~!" My girlfriend, Dasom sang.

 

" . . . So I had to drag it to the dumpster . . ." Sehun said, "Yo, Kai, you listening?!" Sehun yelled and I snapped out of the insanity, "Y-yeah, sorry . . ." I whispered.

 

"How was work last night?" Luhan asked.

 

"Um . . ." I didn't finish as I got a pain in my head and I held my head, Dasom quickly grabbed my arm, "Baby you okay?" She asked, as she his back.

 

"I-I gotta go," I said and ran out of the hallway and to the bathroom, panting. My face was sweating as I looked in the mirror, I ran my hand sin the water and patted my face. It was bright red, I looked in horror at my own face. I felt like the beast and not the beauty.

 

"Yo dude are you okay?" Sehun asked as him and Luhan walked in. I quickly turned to them and stood up straight, "Yeah just not feeling well . . ." I said and felt my face.

 

"You should go home," Luhan ordered.

 

"Yeah I think I will." I said and walked out with them.

 

I went home after getting permission from the school nurse.

 

I had sat in bed and just stared at the ceiling my head spinning.

 

 

The days had past, I hadn't gone to school, my headaches got worse, I even quit my job. I hadn't seen my friends in weeks. I went to see a Doctor but she said nothing was wrong with me. I had no idea why I felt this way, I mean I guess it was guilt, I don't know why I hid the bodies, it was self defense.

 

Speaking of the bodies, they had found them. Police are still trying to figure it out.

 

 

A Friday night. All was quiet, my head didn't hurt, I wasn't dizzy. So I decided to go out.

 

As I was on my way to a club I saw some guys flirting with a girl, she didn't look like she was enjoying it.

 

"Please just leave me alone," she pleaded as they surrounded her.

 

"Yah! Get your hands off of her!" I yelled and approached them.

 

"This is done of your business." One of the other guys said.

 

I walked closer to them and punched one of them making him stumble to the ground.

 

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" The other yelled and charged me. I punched him as well and the girl ran off.

 

I looked down at the guys who were getting back up holding their faces, "You'll never hit on another girl again," I said with cold eyes and kicked one in the face, over and over I kicked, I don't know what came over me, I took all my rage out on him, which wasn't much seeing as he quickly got up and ran.

 

I glared as both the guys ran off, I breathed in and out, trying to control it.

 

I looked down the street wide eyed as I tried to walk back home calmly, 'Maybe I shouldn't be out.' I thought to myself and went back to my room.

 

One month had gone by and I had millions of messages from Sehun, none from Dasom or Luhan but I didn't really care,  I couldn't be bothered. The head aches got worse, I would black out randomly and my vision would get blurry. I still didn't know what was wrong with me.

 

I carried on with my life as best as I could. It wasn't easy but I managed.

 

I started to talk to Sehun over the summer, he said everyone was fine and that they missed me. I wanted to go talk to them but I just didn't feel like I was in my right mind.

 

I was out going to the grocery store. I fiddled with my pocket knife I always had when I go out just in case. I took a shortcut through an alley when I saw a couple making out. Me and Dasom never did stupid stuff like that. Like come on no one needs to see that.

 

As I drew closer I felt like I knew them. . .

 

"Dasom?" I asked and the girl looked up, her eyes wide with shock.

 

"K-Kai!?" She stuttered. The guy who was kissing Dasom turned around.

 

"LUHAN!?" I yelled in shock. My girlfriend and my best friend. Wow how did I not see this coming . . .

 

"K-Kai!" Luhan yelled, his mouth wide opened.

 

I didn't know what to say, I was in shock. I felt my hand ponder the knife. I slowly opened it. I felt my mind go blank. Like I just slipped into a dream. I could see and hear everything but I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted desperately to wake up! But I couldn't . . .

 

I stabbed them. Over and over. I tried to stop but I couldn't. It felt like I was possessed. I couldn't stop! I finally came to my senses, there I was. Standing in front of two dead bodies. I didn't know what to do, I dropped the knife and ran.

 

I was panting and shaking. What did I just do!? I was so confused!

 

I JUST KILLED MY BEST FRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND!

 

I slammed my head on a brick wall but regretted it after a huge pain surged through my head and I felt blood rush down my head, I laughed slowly, "It's just a bad dream." I told myself.

 

I walked out onto the street, laughing the whole way, "Just a dream . . ." I repeated and walked right in front of a delivery truck. That day, June 10th 2013, was the day I died.

 

 

So you see, I wasn't Psycho. More like . . . Misunderstood.

 

I know what you're thinking, if I died how am I telling the story? Well you know my good friend Sehun? Yeah he's the best. He brought me back.

 

I know you're probably wondering how.

 

Well, it's easy, you must sacrifice a soul to get a soul. He was an idiot and brought me back. His body just isn't the same.