The Closet Game

Idols Are Skary (Short Stories)

WARNING! The closet game is very dangerous. Summoning a demon could result in you becoming possessed or being dragged into eternal darkness. We recommend that you do not play this game.

 

To play the closet game, you need a book of matches and a room with a closet. You can do this alone or with a friend. Wait until it is night. This will not work during the daylight.

 

Step 1. Take the book of matches and go to your bedroom.

Step 2. Turn off all the lights in the room. The room must be in complete darkness. If there is a light in the closet make sure it's off.

Step 3. Open the closet door, step in, and shut the door behind you.

Step 4. Stand in the darkness for approxiamately two minutes, facing the closet door.

Step 5. Take one match hold it up in front of you and say, "Show me the light or leave me in darkness."

Step 6. Listen very carefully. If you hear a faint whispering, light the match immediately. If you don't hear anything, and the match does not ignite on it's own, then don't turn around. If you don't light the match fast enough after hearing the whispers, you will feel something grab you from behind and drag you to eternal darkness.

Step 7. Keep the match lit. DO not blow it out. If it goes out on accident, immediately light another match.

Step 8. Holding the lit match in front of you, open the lcoset door slowly and step outside. Do not turn around. Close the closet door behind you. Do not look inside the closet.

From now on, you must make sure that you have the lights on when you look inside the closet. If you leave the closet open during the night with the lights off, you will see the demon watching you with two red eyes that glow like matches.