Chapter 9 - Day 9

Tied Together

 

       Since it was midday, it was difficult to avoid the stares of other passerby. It was strange enough for a man to be carrying another man over his shoulder. It was worse since Kyumin continued struggling and that they were idols. Kwangyeon eventually reached his destination and dumped a now exhausted Kyumin on the ground. The said boy attempted running away, as he has been doing quite often lately, but was tackled to the ground by Kwangyeon. The bassist held the rapper down and sighed.
       "HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME! THIS GUY IS TRYING TO HURT ME!" Kyumin began kicking, screaming, and violently thrashing about. Kwangyeon rolled his eyes.
       "You are being over dramatic. You're acting like I just kidnapped you from the middle of the street. Honestly, calm down. Besides, this is a secluded area in the park. No one is going to hear you scream unless they come in this area. Which is highly unlikely, by the way. Everyone thinks that there's a swamp here, so they don't usually enter this part of the park. I only found out that it wasn't a swamp because I came here wanting to see a swamp. I was disappointed, but I like coming here to think. And now, to solve my problems without you running away." Kyumin shut his mouth, thankfully. He was still extremely mannerly. When someone spoke, he listened. Even when Kwangyeon and Kyumin were fighting, the latter shut his mouth when the other had something to say.
       "Technically, you did kidnap me. You took me from my home against my will and brought me to a place that I don't know."
       "Stop being a smart- and listen to me, will you? I tried kissing you, yes. I tried talking it out when you ran away, yes. I wanted you to stop crying, yes. I was playing with your feelings, no. I knew how you felt about me, no. I was shocked when you kissed my cheek, yes. I felt awkward about it, no. I was happy about it, yes. I fainted, yes. I fainted out of disgust, no. My feelings for you..." Kwangyeon trailed off. He wanted to tell Kyumin, and he knew that the latter had feelings about him. What was holding him back? He was afraid that even though the younger felt the same, he'd reject him. Kyumin had a thoughtful expression on his face as he processed what was just said, but he began tearing up when Kwangyeon hesitated about his feelings. Kyumin began wriggling out of Kwangyeon's grip, but stopped when he realized the older wasn't trying to stop him. To him, the bassist just looked...torn.
       "...Kwang...yeon...?" Kyumin was confused. Why would the older look torn if he could just say he didn't like him? The rapper continued staring as the bassist had an internal battle with himself. Kyumin was getting tired of watching Kwangyeon struggle, so he slightly leaned up and pecked the latter lightly on the cheek. It was a risk, but who knew when Kyumin could do such a gesture again?
       Startled, Kwangyeon sat up quickly. He held his cheek in shock, and just stared at Kyumin. The said boy was staring at the ground with a blush painting his cheeks. Both were waiting for a sign. For what, they didn't know. Eventually, Kwangyeon broke of of his trance and smiled. He crawled over to Kyumin and tugged at the hem of the latter's shirt. Kyumin looked up and his blush reddened when he realized the close proximity between Kwangyeon and himself. Kwangyeon stood while smiling and walked over to a tree. Confused, Kyumin just stared. The older smiled and gestured for the younger to come over. The rapper stood and slowly walked over. When he was about two feet away from the foot of the tree, Kwangyeon hoisted himself up in the branch and disappeared into the foliage.
       Kyumin heard rustling behind him and turned. He jumped up with a surprised squeak when Kwangyeon hugged him while hanging upside-down. The said boy smiled and sat properly on the branch he was hanging from. He extended a hand toward Kyumin and waited expectantly. The rapper hesitated before reluctantly placing his hand into Kwangyeon's. Immediately, he was yanked onto the branch to sit beside the older boy.
       "Hellooo." Kwangyeon offered a smile and rested his back against the trunk of the tree. They sat together in comfortable silence. Looking down, Kyumin realized that the entire time, Kwangyeon hadn't let go of his hand. A red blossomed on his cheeks for the millionth time that day. Kwangyeon noticed the blush on the other boy's cheeks and grinned. He stood on the branch and caused Kyumin to grab at his legs in panic. "Hey, stand up with me. This part of the park looks a lot better from up here."
       "I'm fine with sitting, thank you."
       "Come on, it's perfectly safe. Besides, if you fall, I'll catch you." Without another word, Kwangyeon pulled Kyumin to his feet. The latter squeaked and fell into the former's chest. Kwangyeon wrapped his arms around Kyumin's torso as he leaned against the trunk for support. The bassist nudged the rapper with his shoulder. "Look, it's really pretty."
       Hesitantly, Kyumin unstuck his face from Kwangyeon's chest and scanned the scenery. A smile slowly crept to his lips. This part of the park really was pretty. It was even better to take in the scenery with his crush right there, holding him protectively.
       "It is really pretty..."
       "I told you." Both boys smiled and enjoyed the moment. They were content with being in each others arms, surrounded by greenery, and sharing a moment with each other where no one could see them.