Chapter 11 - Day 10

Tied Together

 

       "Kwangyeon, I'm hungry." Hyoseok began complaining five minutes after Hanbyul ran out after Youngjun.
       "Well you know what? You can stop being a about it and starve. We wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for you." Kwangyeon was hungry and annoyed.
       "What did I do?"
       "Just shut up." Hyoseok grumbled but obeyed.
       "Um...Kwangyeon?" Kyumin timidly spoke up.
       "Yes, Kyumin-ah?"
       "I'm kind of hungry too..."
       "Are you really? Stupid Youngjun and his leaving without feeding the youngest member... It wouldn't be good if you got sick or something. Don't worry. I'll order some jja-jang-myun for you. You need to eat after all the work you did today."
       "Oh, thank you..."
       "Of course! Anything for you."
       "WHAT THE ACTUAL !? THAT IS NOT FAIR!" Hyoseok began complaining again.
       ", I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SHUT THE UP! KYUMIN GETS TO EAT BECAUSE HE IS KYUMIN AND THE YOUNGEST AND THE ONE THAT WORKED THE HARDEST TODAY. HE DESERVES FOOD, YOU DON'T. END OF STORY." Hyoseok grumbled and shut himself in his room.
       "That wasn't very nice..."
       "Nonono, you need to eat."
       "But still, if you're going to order take-out, you should get something for him too. You need to eat too! You can't just not eat!"
       "Don't worry yourself over me. Just sit there and be pretty. I'll go make the order."
       "The phone's too far away for you to get to without me going with you."
       "Stand next to me and be pretty while I make the order." The two walked to the phone. Just as the jja-jang-myun place picked up, Kyumin grabbed the phone from Kwangyeon.
       "Hello?" The woman on the line sounded bored.
       "Ah, yes, hello. I'd like to place an order." Kyumin spoke into the phone while Kwangyeon tried getting the phone back.
       "What would you like, sir?" The woman didn't sound interested at all.
       "Three orders of jja-jang-myun, please."
       "Address?" Kyumin gave the lady the address to the dorm. "Alright, your order will be there in half an hour."
       "Thank you. Have a good even-" Kyumin stopped speaking when he heard the buzz that indicates that the call had ended. "How rude..."
       "Why'd you make three orders for jja-jang-myun? I was going to order for you!"
       "I know that. That's why I ordered. I can't be the only one eating."
       "B-"
       "Shush it, pretty boy. I'm not taking any back talk from you."
       "I thought you had quit calling me pretty boy when we stopped fighting..."
       "But it's true. You are very pretty for a boy."
       "I am not pretty. I am y as hell. Admit it, I'm too hot to handle." Kwangyeon struck a pose, and Kyumin remained silent. To Kwangyeon's amusement, the younger was blushing. He put his face close to Kyumin's and smiled when the latter's face became redder. "Looks like we have an agreement. Let's go and watch tv."
       "I-I'm actually pretty tired, so I'll just be in my room until the food comes."
       "Nonono, if you're tired, you can rest on the couch. You can sleep on my lap."
       "No thank you. I'll be going now!" Kyumin sped away and locked the door of his room behind him. When he walked to the bed, he was yanked back to the door. He looked down and sighed. Only about three feet of cloth made it through the door. "Damn it..."
       "You can't take a nap liked you wanted, can you?" Kyumin decided to be cruel. He ran away because he felt as if his feelings were being toyed with, so he decided to see how Kwangyeon liked it.
       "Kwangyeon~ if I open the door, will you join me in bed?" Kwangyeon froze on the other side of the door.
       "W-what?"
       "It's just soo cold sometimes, and I feel so warm and safe in your arms. Would you please join me in bed if I open the door? I just feel so lonely when you're not with me. Even though we have this cloth tying us together, I feel so lonely when were not in the same room. Even right now, when I'm talking to you, I feel so empty without you. If I can't see your face, I feel soo lonely."
       "Kyumin, what are you playing at?"
       "I'm not playing at anything, Hyung. I just want you with me~. I'm just afraid you'll hurt me when I open the door."
       "...I'll never hurt you..."
       "Really Kwangyeon? You really won't? You don't know how glad that makes me!"
       "Y-you can open the door now. I'll join you in bed and keep you warm."
       "You know, now that I think about it, it's not that cold. I can sleep against the door, I don't really need the bed. Tell me when the food's here." With that, Kyumin sat on the floor with his back to the door.
       Kwangyeon's face went blank and he just looked lost. After processing what had just happened, he was overcome with anger and humiliation. He began pounding on the door.
       "Kyumin you little ! What the was that for? Do you think it's cute, leading me on like that? Is it fun getting my hopes up like that?"
       "Now you know how it feels."
       "What? What are you talking about?"
       "Is it fun, Kwangyeon? Is it fun, toying with my feelings and getting my hopes up? Do you like seeing me following you around like an obedient puppy just to hear you say something that makes me happy? Do you enjoy caring for me when you don't? Do you find joy in seeing how much I care for you and just messing with my feelings? Is it fun to baby me and act like you have complete control over me? Do you like trying to kiss me and having me think that maybe you feel the same? Are you happy with it? Are you happy with playing with my feelings? Are you happy with hurting me?" Kyumin let all of his insecurities spill out. Even after they had resolved everything in the park, Kyumin couldn't get rid of the feeling that Kwangyeon didn't actually have feelings for him. After all, Kwangyeon never actually told Kyumin that he had feelings for him. At this point, the younger had tears streaming down his face. What if Kwangyeon actually hated him? What if this was all a set up to get revenge on Kyumin? What if Kwangyeon had planned all of this? What if he was just doing this to hurt Kyumin in the end? What if Kwangyeon was just trying to bruise Kyumin's pride?
       "Kyumin, open the door. We need to talk."
       "Talk through the door."
       "We need to talk face to face."
       "No."
       "Kyumin, I-" The doorbell rang, cutting off Kwangyeon. "Come on, I have to answer the door." Hastily, Kyumin wiped his tears and reluctantly exited the bedroom. Without sparing Kwangyeon a glance, he went to answer the door.
       "Three orders of jja-jang-myun...?" A young man that looked to be about Kyumin's own age held the food out uncertainly.
       "Yes, come in." Kyumin stepped out of the way and waited for the delivery man to step through. The man walked in timidly and stared at the cloth that tied Kwangyeon and Kyumin together curiously. "Don't mind the cloth. Its just a way to resolve our tendencies to fight with each other and to finally get along with each other."
       "Oh, okay...um, where's the kitchen?" The rapper led the shy boy to the kitchen with a smile.
       "First day in the job?"
       "Y-yeah...is it that obvious?" The boy was shaking nervously as he set up the food. He knocked over a bowl, and Kyumin caught it before it hit the floor.
       "Kind of. You don't have to be nervous though."
       "It's just...this is my eighth job this week..." Kyumin's eyes widened.
       "What? Why?"
       "I'm really clumsy..." As the boy said this, he knocked over another bowl. Again, Kyumin caught it.
       "Just be confident. Don't worry about what other people think. Just smile and work as if you've done the job countless times before."
       "Is that what you did when you first performed?"
       "Excuse me?"
       "I-I recognize you. Kyumin...a-and Kwangyeon from ledapple." After what seemed like forever, the delivery boy finally looked in the bassist's direction. Kwangyeon just raised his eyebrow and continued watching the exchange that was taking place.
       "Oh, you do recognize us..."
       "Y-yeah...um, ENJOY YOUR JJA-JANG-MYUN AND HAVE A GOOD EVENING! BYE!" The delivery boy dashed out only to return a few seconds later. "U-um...that'll be ₩30,000, please!"
       Kyumin payed the boy and, in Kwangyeon's opinion, held the boy's hand for a little too long when he placed the bills in his hands. The rapper gave the boy a smile and handed him the container that the deliveries came in. The boy just grabbed it with a shaky hand and bolted out the door with a small thanks. He returned a few seconds later for a second time and fumbled in his change bag.
       "I-I forgot to give you your change..." Kyumin put his hand on the boy's arm and smiled.
       "Just think of the extra money as a tip. If you don't want it as a tip, think of it as motivation." Kyumin escorted the boy out the door and gave him a quick hug. "Good luck! I hope you don't have to go for a ninth job."
       "T-thank you Kyumin-ssi."
       "No problem. Have a good evening now!" After Kyumin closed the door, he went over to Hyoseok's room. "Hyoseok! Food's here!"
       "And? Do you want me to watch you eat?"
       "I ordered some jja-jang-myun for you too." With that, the door was swiftly pulled open and a salivating Hyoseok stepped out.
       "Well? What are you waiting for? Let's eat!" Kyumin followed Hyoseok into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl for himself. He sat down and began eating. The whole time he was eating, Kwangyeon glared at him from across the table.
       "I'm done! I'm going to go take a bath and go to bed. Goodnight Hyoseok!" Kyumin got up from the table and went to his room. He yanked Kwangyeon from his unfinished food to take his bath. Once he reached his room, however, Kwangyeon slammed Kyumin against the wall. "What the f-"
       "What the HELL was all that about?" Kwangyeon was fuming, and Kyumin didn't even look at him.
       "I don't know what you're talking about."
       "You know damn well what I'm talking about! Why the would you tell me you have feelings for me and then go flirting your off right in front of me!?"
       "What? Are you jealous?"
       "W-what? No!"
       "Then I don't see a problem. It doesn't concern you when it comes to who I do or don't flirt with."
       "Yes it does!"
       "And how does this affect you at all!?"
       "I-it...IT JUST DOES!"
       "Whatever. Get out and don't talk to me anymore."
       "Wh-" Kyumin pushed Kwangyeon out the room and slammed the door. "What just happened?"