Chapter 5 - Day 5

Tied Together

 

       After the incident at the performance, ledapple was allowed a week off to ensure Kyumin was faring well with his injury. Kwangyeon had taken Kyumin straight home after he fell off the stage, and he did the best he could to keep Kyumin's pain away. At this point, it had been five days since the two were tied together. Everyone thought it was hopeless, but the pair became a bit friendlier with each other when Kyumin was injured. Whenever another member moved to help Kyumin, Kwangyeon pushed them out of the way and helped Kyumin himself. Kyumin didn't seem entirely happy with the sudden kindness, but it was obvious that he liked the change in mood between Kwangyeon and himself. Currently, Kyumin was reading on the couch while Kwangyeon was silently watching him.
       "Does it still hurt?" Kwangyeon became quite attached to the youngest during the short period of time, and he was very rarely found not worrying over Kyumin.
       "It only hurts a bit, but it's fine." Kyumin replied monotonously and continued reading his book. Kwangyeon sighed and gently poked at Kyumin's injured ankle. He received a hiss and a smack to his hand in reply to the contact.
       "Liar. Give me a second, I'll be right back." He rose to his feet and lumbered off to the kitchen which was a few meters away. During the five days, the pair adapted to the cloth when around the dorm. They realized the distance of the cloth, and they knew which rooms they could go in while one was in a different room. One of them was able to reach the kitchen from the living room if the both stretched their arms that were tied. Kwangyeon returned to the living room with a small bowl of ice and a dish rag. "Let's put some ice on your ankle to lessen the pain."
       "I told you, it's fine. I don't need your help." Kyumin was being his usual stubborn self, and Kwangyeon just smiled.
       "I told you last night, let your hyung take care of you." Kwangyeon just received a pout and a reluctant ankle being stretched toward him. He smiled again and wrapped some ice in the dish rag. He grabbed Kyumin's ankle and placed the ice on it. He received another hiss from Kyumin, but he ignored it.
       "Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden? I thought you didn't care what happened to me." Kwangyeon flinched when he recalled the night he spoke those words to Kyumin.
       "I know I said something heartless that night, but could you forgive me? I was upset over my bass breaking, but I was mostly stressed because I thought we wouldn't have been able to perform because of this cloth. I said some things I didn't mean, and I'm really sorry about that." Kyumin was shocked. Of all things, he didn't expect an apology. He expected a sneer, a cold laugh, or even a cruel confirmation of the words. He did NOT expect an apology. "I understand if you don't want to forgive me. Sometimes I really want you to apologize just so that I could turn you away coldly. Some of the things you've said to me hurt too, but I am the one that starts nearly all of our fights. I don't know why I ever started blaming or arguing with you, but I don't like to. After all of our fights, I regret it so much, and I want to take back everything I said, but I'd always feel like you wouldn't want to see me. I'd also feel like I wouldn't want to see you because of the things you said to me in return for what I've said to you. I understand if you don't want to forgive me, but I just want you to know that I'm really, truly sorry."
       Kwangyeon was looking down at his lap, expecting the worst. He clenched his fists at the silence he was faced with and prepared to get up and shuffle away. After a few more minutes, he looked up and was met with a surprising sight. Kyumin was looking at Kwangyeon apologetically and guiltily. Silent tears were rolling down his face, and something in Kwangyeon melted at the sight. He leaned forward and wrapped his bandmate in his arms. Kyumin was always an emotional one, but he stopped showing that side to Kwangyeon after they started fighting. Knowing that a wall around Kyumin's heart had been knocked down, Kwangyeon felt happier. He was glad to know that Kyumin was willing to show this side to him again. They sat in each other's arms for a bit longer until Kyumin pulled away.
       "I'm sorry too. I never wanted to say what I did, but the words just came out of my mouth. I forgive you, but I hope you can forgive me too. I don't want you to turn me away coldly, but if that's what will make you feel better, then you can." Tears were still rolling down Kyumin's face, and Kwangyeon gently wiped them away. He kept his hands on the younger's face, and smiled at him.
       "I forgive you too. Don't worry about it anymore. I'm glad we worked this out. Let's not fight anymore. I want to be friends again. I want to be able to live happily together again. I want you to be my brother again." Kwangyeon's heart contracted slightly at his own words, and he didn't understand why. Kyumin also had a slight look of disappointment on his face, but it was quickly replaced by joy.
       "You really want to be friends again?" Kyumin's happiness radiated from his smile. He sounded so hopeful, and his eyes widened. "You really want us to be able to get along like before?"
       "Yes. Kyumin-ah, let's be friends again." The pair smiled at each other and went to hug again, but they were interrupted by their members rambling into the house. They resumed a 'natural' pose and greeted the members.
       "Um, why are you guys sitting like that?" Hyoseok inquired the two awkwardly.
       "What are you talking about? How are we sitting?" The duo replied simultaneously to the bewildered Hyoseok.
       "Well, for starters, Kyumin, your uninjured leg is on the head of the couch while your injured one is on top of Kwangyeom's head with a dish rag resting on it. Your head is propped up by your hand, and your other arm is resting on your stomach while holding a book. In other words, you look kind of like a trying to seduce a man to bed. Seriously, close your legs." Hanbyul was shameless in his description, and Kyumin blushed. He did as instructed and sat up properly.
       "Now for Kwangyeon. You just look like a sloppy couch potato that decided to sit on the floor instead of the couch because he wanted a change. And like Hanbyul told Kyumin, close your legs. That's just disturbing." Youngjun explained Kwangyeon's position. His description was less, well, descriptive than the lead singer's, but it still caused discomfort. Mostly because of the last two sentences. Youngjun made it sound like Kwangyeon was some sort of ... Kwangyeon and Kyumin sat on the couch in a more civilized manner, and the rest of ledapple disappeared into their rooms. Kyumin returned to his book, and Kwangyeon switched on the television. They shared a small smile and turned back to their activities. They could now relax with the knowledge of being friends again.