Chapter 10 - Day 10

Tied Together

 

       "Kyumin! Can you help me with dinner!?" Youngjun called from the kitchen to the living room.
       "Y-" Kyumin was cut short by a seemingly jealous Kwangyeon.
       "HELL NO! COOK THE FOOD YOURSELF YOU LAZY BASTARD! KYUMIN IS TIRED AND HE DOESN'T NEED TO HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING! YOU!" Kwangyeon had been entirely over protective ever since everything was worked out at the park, due to a silent agreement.
       "Geez! Since when were you such a ? It's not your place to answer anyway! off and let Kyumin answer for himself." Youngjun had stalked out into the living room, waving his spatula in hand.
       "I'm willing to he-" Kyumin was cut off again.
       "You know, if he does help you with dinner, I'd have to be there too. You know what happens when I cook. If I'm not in there with the two of you, this cloth will get in the way. It's your choice. Total destruction of the kitchen, or total destruction of everyone's health and well-being?" Kwangyeon smirked at Youngjun when the latter huffed.
       " you! I'll just ask Hanbyul. I like him better than all of you anyway..." The guitarist walked away in search for the Aussie-Korean.
       "Finally! I thought he'd never give up."
       "Why didn't you let me help him?"
       "Because you worked the hardest out of all of us today, and you should be rewarded with rest. Now be a good Kyumin and watch the drama I put on for you. Besides, I don't like the thought of you being alone with someone else." Kwangyeon mumbled his last sentence.
       "What was that?"
       "Nothing, it was nothing. Don't worry about it and watch the drama." Kwangyeon silenced Kyumin, and the latter just sat in confusion.
      "HAN-ING-BYUL! GET YOUR OUT OF YOUR ROOM AND INTO THE KITCHEN! UNLESS YOU WANT TO STARVE, HELP ME WITH DINNER!" Youngjun could be seen raging in front of the vocalist's room door. He was hitting the spatula against the door with so much force, it was bent at the top.
       "No." Hanbyul replied to the guitarist with arrogance, and you could practically see the steam rising from the top of Youngjun's head.
       "WHAT DID YOU SAY!?"
       "Um...uh...I said I'll be out in a minute?" The Aussie-Korean squeaked out an answer and Youngjun smiled smugly.
       "That's what I thought." He stalked away from the door and returned to the kitchen, Hanbyul following soon after. A few moments later, a smack resounded around the dorm. Hanbyul hightailed it out of the kitchen. "LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY SPATULA. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE ING SPATULA."
       "Sounds like someone's on his man-period." Hyoseok announced his entrance with that statement, and the guitarist whirled to face him.
       "Excuse you, I don't believe that you are a part of this conversation."
       "I am now."
       "YOU KNOW WHAT!? ALL YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS CAN STARVE! I'M EATING OUT! I AM NEVER COOKING FOR YOU FOUR AGAIN!"
       "Hyungnim..." Kyumin squeaked out and Youngjun stiffened.
       "You can come with me, Kyumin-ah. I'm not mad at you."
       "Hyung...I'm sorry...I'm tied to Kwangyeon..."
       "WELL THEN YOU CAN STARVE TOO. GOODBYE." Youngjun stomped out of the dorm, and Hanbyul ran out of his room to follow him. All of the members knew that the Aussie-Korean was the only one that was capable of calming the guitarist down in this state.
       "Well, someone is most definitely on his man-period."
       "Hyoseok!" The pair that was tied together yelled simultaniously.
       "What?"
{Hanbyul/Youngjun scene}
       "Youngjun! Youngjun, wait!" Hanbyul yelled after Youngjun as soon as he closed the door to the ledapple dorm. The latter was stomping off and didn't even hesitate in his footsteps. "Youngjun! Please, calm down!"
       The guitarist's steps didn't falter, and he continued walking. Youngjun had occasional moments of anger that were caused by stress. Because he was always around the members of ledapple, they got the worst of it. Even the smallest thing could get him to act the way he was, sometimes even worse. The worst it ever got was when he threw a vase at Hanbyul. Since Youngjun regretted that moment so much, he was only able to be calmed by the vocalist.
       "Youngjun!" Hanbyul was about a foot away from the guitarist, so he extended his arm to him. He stumbled on his feet, so the two tumbled down a hill. They landed at the bottom with a thud. Youngjun was laying across Hanbyul, and both were breathing heavily. After they caught their breaths, the vocalist spoke. "Tell me what's wrong."
       "Nothing's wrong."
       "Liar. You only get like this when you're stressed, so tell me. What's wrong?"
       "I don't want to talk about it."
       "You can tell me anything, Youngjun-ah."
       "Not this."
       "And why not?"
       "You'll think that I'm disgusting and hate me forever."
       "I would never hate you."
       "I'm gay." Hanbyul stiffened. He stared blankly up at Youngjun. The latter rolled off of the former and sighed. "See, you hate me."
       "I don't hate you."
       "Liar."
       "I don't hate you!" Youngjun despised how Hanbyul was lying through his teeth.
       "Then prove it! Prove that you don't hate me!" Hanbyul pushed Youngjun on his back and straddled him.
       "I don't hate you! I could never hate you! Is this what you were stressing about? That I'd hate you because you're gay!? Why would you get so worked up over something that's impossible!? I could never hate you!" 영준 pushed Hanbyul off of him and stood up.
       "You're a ing liar!" Youngjun whirled around and began walking away from Hanbyul. The latter felt a sting in his heart. Hearing Youngjun accuse him of something he would never dream of doing hurt him. Hanbyul caught Youngjun's wrist and spun him around.
       "WHAT DO YOU WANT!? JUST LEAVE ME AL-" Youngjun was cut off by a pair of lips. The guitarist struggled to get out of Hanbyul's grasp but stopped when he felt something wet against his face.
       They were tears. Hanbyul was crying. Youngjun froze. Hanbyul's kiss held many emotions. Desperation, fear, longing, pain, affection, and most importantly, love. Youngjun relaxed slightly, but still didn't respond. The vocalist pulled away and rested his forehead against the guitarist's.
       "I'm sorry for making you think that I'd hate you. I'm sorry. I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I love you. Why do you think I've been treating you better than everyone else? I love you, Youngjun. I love you more than anything." Hanbyul was still crying, and his voice was hushed. Youngjun was shocked from the kiss, and even more so since he was being confessed to by Hanbyul. The said boy pulled away and sniffled. "I'm sorry for springing this on you. I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm sorry for being the source of your stress. I'm sorry for kissing you even though you probably don't feel the same. I'm sorry fo-"
       Youngjun raised Hanbyul's head by his chin. Tears fell from his own eyes as he wiped the vocalist's away. He offered the Aussie-Korean a small smile and kissed him. Hanbyul stood in shock as it was him that was being kissed this time. When Youngjun began pulling away in disappointment, Hanbyul grabbed his waist and slowly kissed him back. It was a gentle, loving kiss. Both were delighted in realizing that the other returned their feelings. After a few more seconds, they broke the kiss.
       "Hanbyul?" Youngjun rested his head on Hanbyul's chest as he spoke.
       "Hm?"
       "I love you too. That's what I was stressing about all this time. I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to tell you. I figured you'd be fine with my uality, but not about my feelings for you."
       "I'm just glad we resolved this. Listen, no matter what you do, I would never hate you. I love you too much to do that."
       "That goes for you too. I will never hate you. Remember that time I threw that vase at you?"
       "...yes..."
       "I'm really sorry about that. I was aiming for Hyoseok..."
       "I know you're sorry. You don't have to apologize anymore. I know that you're sorry. But you aiming for Hyoseok is new information..." Both boys laughed and were glad to finally be able to relax.
       "I wish Kwangyeon and Kyumin would get a move on with their relationship already. I'm surprised that they actually like each other. They seemed to hate each other so much when they fought. I'm glad that they're friends. I'm delighted that they realized that they have feelings for each other, but it worries me. Kyumin seems worried about Kwangyeon's feelings."
       "I know, I feel the same way about them. All we can do is wait. If they're meant to be, it will happen."
       "When did you become all philosophical or whatever?"
       "Ever since my heart found you."
       "...so incredibly cheesy...let's go home."
       "Wait."
       "What?" Youngjun properly faced Hanbyul with an annoyed sigh. He received a peck on the lips from the latter. Youngjun blushed, and Hanbyul smiled.
       "I HEREBY DECLARE YOU AS MY BOYFRIEND! TOUGH IS MINE!" Hanbyul yelled and threw his arms into the air. "Okay, now we can go home." Youngjun just rolled his eyes and smiled. The two walked home happily, hand in hand the entire way.