An Empty Seat.

Alone?

Dongwoo went to school with a smile on his face. Remembering the day that had just pasted put a smile on his face. He loved that he had got to spend time with Hoya. It seemed like the most time that the two had spent together was either at the hospital or at school. Both of them are not the most happiest of places. He was happy that Hoya had opened up and was starting to allow others in. He couldn't wait to get to know Hoya properly.

Dongwoo had managed to get information about Hoya, no he didn't stalk him, he just simply observed. He found out a few things over the time that they have known each other. He learnt that Hoya danced when he was younger. He found this out when he saw the trophies and awards with Hoya's name on. He found out that Hoya had a sister that died, although he didn't know how she died. But he knew that she was in the hospital a lot. And after going to his house and seeing his room and closet he concluded that Hoya's favorite colour is purple. And most importantly, he noticed that Hoya had the one of the most beautiful smiles that he had ever seen. 

Dongwoo walked excitedly though the empty halls, but for some reason there was an empty feeling that the school had that it never had before. He hurried down the hall and peek into the class room and was surprised to be greeted by emptiness, as panic filled his heart. Hoya wasn't there and it's strange, Hoya is always there waiting. Dongwoo always came to school at this time, some days a bit earlier and some days a bit later. But Hoya would be always there to greet him. So why is it that he was not there? Dongwoo figured that the reason for Hoya to arrive at school so early was to avoid having to walk through the noisy class room to his seat. Or to avoid having to walk though the class of restless students, that look at every one who walks though the door with eyes as though they had just killed some one. So why is it today that Hoya wasn't there to welcome him?

Dongwoo took out his phone and tried calling him in a state of panic but only gained worry as he was meet with a message saying that his phone was turned off. With a mountain of worry Dongwoo sat at his desk waiting and hoping that Hoya would walk though the door soon. Hoping that Hoya was just running late. 

Watching the passing of endless time, worry stayed present in his heart. He wanted him to walk though the door with that smile that he saw on his face the last time they saw each other. But as students started to arrive hope quickly faded and his heartbeat increased rapidly. The school day made a start but the only thing that Dongwoo could think about was that empty seat beside him, that he was still waiting for it to be filled.

Dongwoo thoughts got taken back to the past week. Now that he started to think about it, Hoya had suddenly changed. And Dongwoo never really questioned why. He just thought that was just Hoya trying to for fill that second chance at life that he was given. But remembering that last moment that they said goodbye, he saw it. The sadness that though out that day together Hoya hid so well. But at the last second Hoya let is show but Dongwoo chose to ignore it. No. He saw it but he just didn't want to it to be so. He wanted Hoya to smile and not have any of that sadness that he had lived with, he wanted him to smile that bright smile with out worry.  

His chair hit the floor with a bang as he quickly stood up disrupting his fellow students from their studies, as he hurriedly walked out of the class room. Ignoring the angry yelling of his name. He didn't care it wasn't even like he was paying attention any way. He walked to the student council office and opened the door forcefully.

"Sungkyu!" Dongwoo yelled wasting no time.

"Hey, you can't just can't burst in here like that." Sungkyu yelled back as he tried to settle his fast heart rate that increased after being surprised by Dongwoo's sudden entrance.

"Where is Hoya? He wasn't in class to day. Is he ill? Is he in the hospital again? An absence should be filled to you shouldn't it?" Dongwoo questioned with worry.

"Dongwoo. He didn't tell you?" Sungkyu asked with shock. And Dongwoo nodded in worry.

"He is not ill. He has not been admitted into hospital. He has transferred schools, last Friday was his last day as a student here." Sungkyu spoke with sadness in his voice.

He knew Dongwoo for a long time yet he was unsure about how Dongwoo would react. The six of them had been friends for the longest of time. And no one had left and everyone cared about each other, it was a family. Woohyun had told him that there was something that Dongwoo was afraid of. A thing that at times is out of a persons control. That thing is someone leaving. So he worried about how Dongwoo would deal with this news.

"What? There must be a mistake. Hoya. That's his nickname. His real name is Lee Howon. There must be a mistake." Dongwoo shouted not able to believe what the older had said.

"Dongwoo, it's not a mistake. Hoya has transferred. Lee Howon is no longer a student at this school" Sungkyu said with sincerity.

Dongwoo walked out of the room and out of the school hurrying down to the streets, onto the crowded bus. Hoping that what he feared will not come true. Hoya just wait I'm coming, Don't do anything stupid. I'll be there. please don't leave me. Please. Dongwoo thought as he watched the passing of the scenery, everything seemed as though it was moving slow.

He hesitantly and nervously knocked on the door of Hoya's house. He didn't have to wait very long before the door opened and he was greeted by the same women as before.

"Hello. I am sorry to bother you. I was just wondering if Hoya is home. He is not at school and for some reason it seems as though he has transferred." Dongwoo said politely.

"That boy dose not live here anymore. So don't ever show you face here again. Seeing your face is almost a sickening as seeing his." The lady said in a voice of disgust as she slowly started to close the door.

"Wait! If he doesn't live here anymore do you know where he went?" Dongwoo asked hoping to find answers.

"Look I had no idea of where that brat went and I have no intent of finding out. Now, if you will excuse me I have a thing called a life. And I have a lot more to deal with then helping you find your so called lover that left you." She said before angrily slamming the door. 

Dongwoo knew that there was one more place that Hoya could be and it was a place that he had slowly started to fear. He quickly walked down the street and on to the bus hoping to be meet with good news. But his heart told him to be prepared.

Fear struck as he walked to the gate of the field as images of the night flashed in his head but he didn't care as long as Hoya was there waiting, he didn't care. As long as he had his Hoya by his side nothing els would matter.

The field felt empty, as the lonely sound of his foot steps fill the warm air of spring. The bench underneath the tree was empty, the dance studio, empty. The only place that he didn't check was that house that sat in one of the corners of the field. He slowly walked to the door and opened it allowing the the squeak of the hinges to full the silent air.

Walking in to the house the air felt strange. The air inside of the house didn't seem as it should be. The wasn't that old dust filled air that an undisturbed house has. Looking over at the covered furniture it looked as though it had been moved recently and he knew that the only one that could have been there was Hoya.

That only left Dongwoo with questions. Where did he go and when would he be back? How long had he been there for and why didn't he tell Dongwoo? It hurt Dongwoo that Hoya didn't go to him for what ever it was. It hurt him how Hoya still wanted to bare things on his own as though Dongwoo wasn't there.

Dongwoo waited there for Hoya to come back. He waited until the late night came hoping for Hoya to come back but he was greeted by nothing by emptiness. He held onto his phone hoping that a call from Hoya would come and his heart could be put to rest. But just like before that call never came.

He ended up going home late and headed to bed with out a bite to eat. He didn't feel like eating, he just couldn't. He didn't want to go to sleep either but he thought maybe if he did go to sleep and wake up, it would all just be a dream. A very, very bad dream.

 

-----

Two weeks had past and there was no sign of Hoya. Dongwoo went to the field every day waiting for Hoya to return, but he never did. He would always return home late and eat very little. The once happy and joyful Dongwoo that had the ability to brighten even the darkest of days was slowly beginning to disappear. And every one noticed especially Woohyun who had know Dongwoo for the longest time. They are really like brothers. There was only one time that Dongwoo had became like this and that was years ago when Dongwoo lost both of his parents, so he worried about him.

Woohyun wasn't the only one in the house that noticed Dongwoo's change in attitude. Woohyun's mum had noticed it too and it as well worried her. Dongwoo was like a son to her. Ever since his parents died and even before that she thought of Dongwoo as a son. With Woohyun being an only child, she was worried that he would feel lonely but when she saw that the two boys got along so well she was pleased.

Woohyun's mum walked in to Dongwoo's room knocking on the door and walking into the room. It was one of the times that Dongwoo was home and she chose this moment to talk to Dongwoo.

"Dongwoo?" She called as she walked into the room. She watched as the covers moved in the lightly lit room. She slowly walked over to Dongwoo's bed and sat on the edge.

"Dongwoo, do you remember a promise that you made when you were younger?" She asked and Dongwoo shook his head in response. It made her laugh inside of how childish he could still be sometimes.

"You asked me when you was younger what would make a person want to stay by you side. And I told you the answer, which was to just be yourself and to let people just love you for you. But the you that once was had gotten lost. And it was able to be found again. That day I asked you to promise that you would become an older brother to Woohyun and to take care of him as an older brother would. Even if it looks like Woohyun is strong and cheerful he worries about you a lot and looks up to you as an older brother. And just because he has Sungkyu  now, you are still that older brother to him and I know it hurts him to see you like this. Seeing you like this hurts me too." Woohyun's mum said with a warm voice.

She let out a sigh and carried on. "I am not telling you to force yourself to smile and laugh just to make someone happy. But I know that Hoya would return once again and I would be good if he returns to see the same Dongwoo that was here when he left. And you know what they say. 'If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't it never was.' I think the Hoya would come back your heart just has to be a little patient." She smile before getting up and leaving the room leaving. And Dongwoo was left in a pile of thought.

She was right. If Hoya came back and he was like this he would blame himself. And Dongwoo didn't want that. And it wasn't fair on his friends that have to watch as he cries over some one. No matter how much his heart feels empty, he has to stay strong and think positive. After all, positive thinking brings positive results.

Hoya I will wait and be that smiling Dongwoo that you are use to. Don't take to long to come back I trust your decision.  Dongwoo thought as a small smile formed onto his face. He did have to admit that he missed smiling.


I'm so sorry that this chapter took so long *90 degrees bow* As I had said I have to go on work placement and it was really tiring. But it's over now and I'm back to college. I only have to go in for three days a week now. \(^.^)/  And I have just come back from a trip the other day and know I can finally update. It feels so good to update after such a long time. ^_^ 

I hope that you like this chapter. Thanks to all my subscribers new and old subscribers. It means a lot, so Thank you :D

Please comment, I mean if you want to. 

I can't wait for the new infinite mv to be released. The teaser, album preview and behind the scenes are just amazing.

I have missed theese boys so much.