My Name Is Jang Dongwoo.

Alone?

"Excuse me!" Howon shouted making sure that the older was able to hear him.

The older quickly turned to see in the distance Howon holding his keychain that he had been looking for. The older ran and took the keychain and bowed frantically to showing how thankful he was.

"Thank you... Thank you so much!" The older said practically shouting.

Howon bowed and took his leave. He didn't want the older to start any conversation with him. He had done too much with shouting and he wished to keep it at that.

"Hey!" The older shouted as he realized that Howon was leaving. "I ...." The older's words were abruptly cut off by the sound of the loud ringing of the school bell.

That is some strange kid, The older thought as he was now sitting in his lesson looking out the window not paying the least bit of attention to what his teacher was saying.

R.E wasn't his favorite subject he always watches MVs on his phone or draws while listening to rap on his iPod. The teacher never seemed to notice and Dongwoo was glad about that. 

..................

The next day the principle gave Howon the unexpected news that he would be moving up a one whole year. This was due to the fact that his grades were exceptional.

The principle lead Howon to a class that was already filled with people chatting away. As they approached the classroom it became noisier.

Howon had already started to hate his new class. He hated noise, the unnecessary words, and sounds someone makes. He had always thought that there is simply no need. Maybe not always but he had been thinking that way ever since so long ago. Useless words were also one of the reasons he talked very little. Well, that and the incident. 

He is also prone to headaches even the simple thought of noisy places gave him a headache. He didn't like pain and headaches, are simply painful, well to him they are anyway.

The principle thoroughly explained to the teacher about Howon. About the fact that he is from the year below, fact that he doesn't talk much. But of course, the teacher knew this already after all teachers do like to gossip as does anyone.  

The teacher tiredly walked into the class full of lively students, with Howon following behind her, examining the new room that he would now have to be in for what was left of the still new school year.

"Class we have a student that will be joining our class from today onwards. He is from the year below and has moved up due to his exceptional grades. I hope you all can welcome him with open arms." The teacher introduced Howon using a loud voice grabbing the students attention. She then turned to him "would you like to tell everyone your name." She used a childish voice. The type of voice one would use when talking to a little child, or perhaps someone with not that much intelligence.   

Howon looked up at the teacher and then at the class then back at the teacher. Who do you think I am some first year or something and another thing. Are you deaf, didn't you hear the principle say that I rarely talk? Howon thought as he looked up at the teacher and lazily shook his head when he heard a laugh from the back of the class.

The culprit was a pink haired boy that he could have sworn his seen somewhere before.

"His name is Howon. But he likes to be called Hoya. Is that right?" The teacher said turning to face Hoya. As he nodded. "Well, you can sit in the back right corner." The teacher said while pointing to the empty seat at the back of the classroom.

Hoya sat in his seat and made himself comfortable. But he couldn't as he found someone staring at him.

"Hi, my name is Jang Dongwoo." The boy with pink hair and milky white skin said. "We meet yesterday. You found my keychain and for that, I am forever in your debt." Dongwoo said with a bright smile on his face.

The sight of the smile made him feel sick to his stomach. He hated when people smile all the time. The world is such a cruel place, yet people still smile. He just didn't get it. He could understand the most difficult of equations, but what he couldn't understand was that, How people could smile like that? Was he missing something? Well, that in itself to him was a stupid question because he knew that he was.