What's After Winter?

Alone?

Hoya sat in his seat in the empty classroom ready for the start of the school day. He sat with his earphones in his ears and his head down on the table blocking out the cruelness of the world.

He lost himself in the thought of the day his life turn upside down. The image that played back in his head over and over again. The image that he so wished to forget. The feeling of being alone hit him harder than ever, the feeling of where his life will lead from then on kept questioning in his head. 

The truth was he was scared. Scared that things in life would get even worst. Scared that one day he will find someone that cared about him enough to put his past behind him, but him being too weak to accept his fate.

That was all he thought he was. A weak boy depending on the fact that his sister killed herself to shut himself from the world, and from the people around.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize that a tear had found itself falling onto his face, and quickly that tear turned into two then three. Until eventually his whole face was covered in tears.

All he could do was sit there allowing himself to show his emotions just this once. After all, there was nobody there to see him anyway, because he was alone. Alone just like always.

No matter how much time he told himself that he was happy alone. It was clear to see that it wasn't true. He longed for someone to hold him in their arms and tell him thing were alright. That it wasn't his fault.

Even thought, he knew that would be a lie, that was all he wanted. To be loved. 

                                                                                     ~¤~

Dongwoo watched as the boy sat up in his chair with the blankest expression on his face. He was just about to get up and enter the classroom when he saw tears freely rolling down his face. He was crying. The first sign of emotion he saw from Hoya was him crying and it broke his heart.

He had seen lots of people crying, from loved one to strangers that he helped in the past, but this time, he didn't know what to do. His head was saying to go and comfort him. Whereas his heart was telling him not to.

The way he cried was like he had been keeping it in for so long as if he kept telling himself that everything was okay. When it was not.

To someone it may seem like a crying boy, but not to Dongwoo. What he saw was a lonely boy crying to have someone by his side. A boy that was scared of the future. A boy that even though he knew very little about, he cared about him a lot.

Dongwoo stood up for the position he was in. He made the decision to let him be by himself. He had just gotten Hoya to speak to him just a few days ago and he didn't want him to stop. However, he made a promise that no matter what he would stay by Hoya's side. Even when he helped him. Even when that time comes that he is smiling. He was going to stay by his side. Not because he had seen him at his weakest. It was because he had begun to like and think about the other much more to his own knowledge.

                                                                                     ~¤~

Hoya got a tissue from his bag and dried away the tears that fell from his eyes. It had been a long time since he cried. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he had cried.

He was thankful that he was the only one there at the moment. However, he was aware that the students will be arriving anytime soon.

He sat looking out the window hoping that there wouldn't be any redness in his eyes. hoping that it wouldn't be evidential that he had been crying.

He watched as groups of children filed into the school grounds. Each and every one of them had a friend to walk with. A friend to talk to. And if they weren't walking with their friend they would meet up with them once on the school grounds. That what Hoya envied, but was never brave enough to admit it to himself let alone anyone else.

Slowly the once empty classroom was filled with the busyness of his fellow students. Filling the once quiet classroom with noise, which reminded him the fact that he hated it. He hated the noise that they made polluting the once quite air with their useless noise. They were loud. Loud enough to hear them over his music causing him to turn the volume louder in hopes of blocking the sound out.

It was then he came to the realization that his sister showed him just how people could be. How people could see an already sick girl in pain and made her worst. So what if they were just bystanders they were there, they cloud have done something to stop it. But they didn't. He was no different. He was the worst of them all. Being so close to her yet not being able to see her pain.

He also used to be one of those loud kids but all that had changed. But was it for the good? 

                                                                                    ~¤~

Dongwoo walked back down the halls that he once was in. This time, the halls were as it should be filled with the presence of school children geared for a full day of learning. Most of them were joyful and some were still sleepy from their weekend activities.

But that once joyful mood that he was in at the start of the morning had now disappeared. He kept trying to get the image of Hoya out of his head but it kept on appearing.

He walked through the now full class to the back of the class where his seat was located. He looked at Hoya who had his back turned. He wondered whether it was evidential that he had cried. He wondered whether you would be able to tell or did he hid it well?

He sat in his seat. Thinking whether or not to great Hoya. But the chance was taken away when the teacher come in and started the school day.

Dongwoo could not focus on the lesson his thoughts were only on that boy that was sitting next to him. It would soon be break and Dongwoo was starting to come up with what he would say to Hoya.

He also wondered if Hoya would go back to the same spot he seemed to always go to. It was winter now and it was near minus something outside, and one couldn't possibly sit outside in the freezing cold. 

The lesson ended and children rush out of the class gasping for their limited freedom. All accept two. Hoya stood up and as usual, he plugged his ears blocking out the sound making his way out the classroom with Dongwoo following closely behind.

Dongwoo was confused when Hoya made his way on a different route to the one he took before. He was watching Hoya carefully until he was suddenly stopped by someone.

"Hey, Dongwoo." Sungyeol said as he clung one to Dongwoo's shirt with L standing next to him. It was like they were inseparable. Where ever L is you could expect to see Sungyeol there or somewhere close by.

"Hey, we were calling you couldn't you hear use?" Sungyeol spoke.

"Oh hi." Dongwoo said watching as Hoya disappeared into the crowd of children.

"Sungkyu told me to come and find you. We are all meeting up in the school's council office instead of the cafeteria. So let's go together." Sungyeol announced. While walking with Dongwoo and L to their destination.

                                                                                    ~¤~    

Hoya made his way to his second favorite place in the school. He walked through one of the quietest places in the school, opening the door and walked up the stairs. He opened the door allowing the semi-cold air hit to him. He walked on to the cool roof and placed himself next to one of the air vents that admitted warm air. Taking out the spear blanket that he packed into his bag. He sat cuddled up cherishing the warmth.

Being that high up reminded him of the countless times that he tried to take his own life. He tried taking that leap off Mapo bridge in Seoul. He remembered being too scared to jump. He also tried overdosing on pills but was to scared to swallow them. It made him feel like a coward.

Hoya sat as time pass. The warm air exiting from the vents was so comforting, that he ended drifting off into a pleasant sleep. He was able to escape from reality. Putting his troubles to rest.

                                                                                   ~¤~ 

It was now the end of brake and Dongwoo was feeling a mixture of emotions. Hoya being one of them but also what had been announced at break.

Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and L reached the school council room. Joining the overs that were waiting. As expected they got to work. sorting the files out while Sungjong looked through them searching for the boy that seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

It was nearing the end of the brake. Sungkyu and Woohyun had exchanged glances. You could definitely tell something was up.

"Everyone, me and Sungkyu have something to announce." Woohyun said as he felt his heart beat racing out of control. Now with all eyes on them.

"I and Sungkyu are... well... were-" Woohyun began shyly

"Oh for the love of god were dating." Sungkyu interrupted getting straight to the point.

"Yeah what he said." Woohyun added with a small smile.

They thought it wasn't obvious. But it was only a matter of time before they revealed it. The way they looked at each other recently had more meaning then just being friends and everyone saw it.

Even Dongwoo. Who had spent a lot of time with Woohyun they were close. And with time Dongwoo had slowly grown feeling for the other. But he knew that he had lost when Sungkyu came into the picture it was only a matter of time.

But why was it that now he couldn't care less. He thought it would hurt him more than just that little bit. However, all that came to mind was Hoya and his heart would beat out of control.

He just about got to class on time walking straight to his seat and sitting down getting out his equipment for the class as the teacher started the lesson. He looked to the left expecting to find that boy that seemed to make his heart beat. But was greeted with nothing but an empty seat.

Then he started to worry about where Hoya was. He wounded if he was ok. If he had ditched school again. He just wanted him to be okay.

But there was nothing he could do. It would be lunch in two hours and he hoped that then wouldn't be too long to go and find him.

                                                                                   ~¤~

It was now the end of the lesson and time for lunch as soon as the class was dismissed Dongwoo ran out of the class searching for the boy that he couldn't stop worrying about.

He searched the whole of the school grounds hoping to find Hoya but being unsuccessful when there was no sight of him.

He was now out of breath, and his legs were tired. He was disappointed in himself. He had just promised himself today that he would stay by his side and protect him. But how was he suppose to do that when he didn't know where he was.

He walked down the hall. Feeling depressed, he had never failed anything that he truly cared about. Even when he was slowly failing his grades he always managed to turn them around.

He reached the classroom and to his amazement, there he was the boy that he was looking for sitting there looking out the window like nothing happened. Dongwoo could do nothing but smile a smile of relief.

                                                                                  ~¤~

The school day had ended and students jump at freedom. Meeting up with their friends. Some going to the after school clubs and others taking this changes to go to private tutors.

Hoya walked out of the school gates and in a totally different direction than his house, he got on the bus and made his way to his destination. Without the knowledge that as usual he was being followed by that pink haired boy.

He got off the 30 minutes bus ride and made his way to the field he always went to when he was younger. The field belonged to this old man that he used to help out. However, the old man had passed away giving the entire field to Hoya. The man was kind he even built a dance studio for Hoya to use. But now he was gone.

Hoya walked up to the wooden gates and pushed it open staring into the huge field. In the field was a big tree, and next to that big tree was a small building with purple sheets hanging from it. And not too far away from that was a house, that was not too small and not humongous.

He walked to the bench that was underneath the tree and sat. It was then that he noticed that he had been followed. Staring right at him was the boy that annoyed him so much.

                                                                                            ~¤~

Dongwoo sat down next to Hoya on the bench taking in the site of his surroundings.

"Why did you follow me?" Hoya spoke calmly.

"I wanted to make sure you reached home safely. I mean you were recently in the hospital. So I was worried." Dongwoo replied half lying. It was true he was worried, but for a completely different reason.

"I'm fine you don't have to worry about me." He replied with a smirk. It was funny no one had cared about him in a long time.

"I know your lying. You're not alright. I can see it clearly." Dongwoo stated taking Hoya by surprise. Silence fell as they both stared into space. The wind blow the cold air as they sat there.

"What does it become when the snow melts?" Hoya questioned breaking the silence.   

"What?" Dongwoo said not quite catching what the other said.

"What does it become when the snow melts?" He repeated.

"That's simple. It becomes spring. No matter how cold the winter may be. You can always be sure that spring will come and the flowers will bloom again." Dongwoo answered with a smile.

Then Hoya felt warmth in his heart. He remembered that cold winter he was in the hospital with his sister. It was one of the coldest winters they have had in a while and the cold was putting her health at risk.

"Hey, Hoya. What does it become when the snow melts?" His sister spoke with curiously.

"Hum, let me think. Arh. That's right it becomes water doesn't it." Hoya replied with a sure face.

"No fool." His sister laughed. "When the snow melts it becomes spring. Because when the coldest winters pass there is always spring to look forward to. So I'm going to make sure I'm here to see the flowers bloom with you. ok?" She smiled her irresistible eye smile.

"Oh, look at you so cute." Hoya said walking to his sister's side and then pinching her cheeks.

"Hey, that hurts." She laughed.

-

Did you hear that sis? Hoya thought slowly closing his eyes with his head resting on Dongwoo shoulder. He got it right did you send him to me to get my life back to normal? If so I'll try to hold on to him as much as I can. Hoya thought as he drifted off to sleep.

 


A/N Hi guys another chapter for you :).  I hope you have been well. I tried to write a longer chapter. So I hope that it was not boring.

The quote about spring is from one of my favorite animes fruit baskets. It's my favorite line in the anime so I thought to add it in.

Anyway, THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING all you new and old subscribers. It means a lot to me every time I see the amount of subscribers I have it put a smile on my face. :)

And OMG woollim uploaded a making filming of infinites teaser. Excuse me while I fan girl.

And then a preview of the album. I CAN'T WAITE.

Here're some macros for you. :)