Chapter8

Blind Traces

 

“What do you want to do now?” He asked her after she wore the ring.

 

“Anything would do.”

 

They settled in a restaurant to eat their lunch. They were quiet, since they are not comfortable to each other.

 

“Aren’t you scared Helena will find us here?” So Min asked curiously, it made Hyun Joong irritated. He placed his spoon and fork down and looked at her fiercely.

 

“Are you scared Woo Bin will find us?” He answered irritably.

 

“What are you talking about?” She asked innocently.

 

“I heard you two talking comfortably last night.”

 

“So that’s the ring is for. What are with you two? You seem to get on each other with one wrong move.” She said while fixing her food.

 

“It is unexplainable, we’ve been in one class first year in college, that starts there. We know each other and the rivalry is there. Don’t get near him, he is dangerous.”

 

“He’s nice.”

 

“He wants you. You are the first girl he talked to that’s why his crazy fans hate you.”

 

“I know.” His eyebrows turned to be a mountain.

 

“And you seem not affected?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“Hey! Can you talk to me?” Hyun Joong snapped the table but So Min didn’t mind him.

 

“I’m talking to you.” She said without looking at him.

 

“Talk to me nicely! You can talk to him comfortably and you talk to me sounding like forced?! I just want to remind you that I am your fiancée and we will soon get married.”

 

So Min was just quietly eating, trying to control her temper. He is really getting on her nerves; he was the first guy to talk to her like that.

 

‘So Min stay composed. Control your temper.’

 

Hyun Joong was too irritated by So Min’s action.

 

---------------------

 

Woo Bin using his connections got the information he wants to know. He can’t believe it, so he decided to confirm it. He parked his car on the side street near So Min’s address. He already knew that So Min and Hyun Joong’s address are the same.

 

After a few minutes of waiting, he saw Hyun Joong’s car enter it. There he saw So Min getting out of the car, fast and irritated.

 

He was fuming in pain and hatred that time. He rushed to one of his usual hang-outs to get on a fight. He badly needs to release his pain.

 

4 men were standing there waiting for him, it was his lucky night. He got some punching bags to use for his release of pain.

 

As soon as he got out of his car, he attacked the four men careless of what danger they will get in to.

 

“You hate me right?! Let me see your hate and anger. RELEASE IT NOW!” He shouted to the four men, while he is grabbing the collar of one.

 

The three men attacked him; he received 2 straight punches in the stomach and face. It just made him to be mad and wild. He was wild as a hungry tiger longing for food. After a while of being as wild as he can be, he stopped with a big punch in the face; leaving the guys borrowing faces with the dogs.

 

---------------

 

“What the hell have you done again?!” Mr. Song welcomed Woo Bin in their house.

 

“Oh, Dad. It is just a release of pain.”

 

“Woo Bin, when will you get tired of fighting? I will soon get tired of fixing your problems. You almost killed those men. What are you thinking?” Woo Bin signaled to his Dad’s secretary to leave them.

 

“Dad, I found the girl I like, but she is with someone. That just proved that girls can’t be trusted.”

 

“So you almost killed the men.” His Dad smirked. “Fight for her. I’m so glad that you already found someone. Son, try to trust her. Who is she?”

 

“She is a freshman in the university, a dance major. Jung So Min.”

 

“Jung?”

 

“Yeah. Why?”

 

‘It can’t be.’

 

Mr. Song remembered something, but he left Woo Bin in the room. He instructed his secretary to investigate everything about So Min. He wished that his suspicion is wrong. He doesn’t want the past happening again.

 

-----------------

 

As usual So Min will ride off in the side street before the university. Woo Bin saw everything, he was in the entrance waiting for her.

 

Hyun Joong saw Woo Bin standing in front of his car, he felt uneasy because he knew he was waiting for So Min. He wanted to stop and get So Min, but Helena was inside waiting for him. He can’t afford to lose her in that moment.

 

“Oh, Good Morning!” Greeted So Min to the waiting Woo Bin.

 

“Good Morning! Are you okay?” Woo Bin said with a light smile.

 

“Yeah. Have you been waiting for me?” So Min said with a smirk.

 

“Is it that obvious?” He asked shyly.

 

“I didn’t know that you would give in easily.”

 

“You got me there.” Woo Bin smiled.

 

Woo Bin escorted So Min to her class. They passed by Hyun Joong and Helena who was talking outside the building. So Min smiles with Woo Bin, while Helena and Hyun Joong were glaring at them. Every eye on the university was on them, but they didn’t mind.

 

‘She never learns.’ Hyun Joong thought.

 

‘So Min, be ready.’ Helena thought.

 

--------------

 

“This can’t be.” Mr. Song said as he saw So Min’s background.

 

“Mr. Song are you okay?”

 

“Leave me first.”

 

Mrs. Song loosened his tie and took a deep breath. He was stunned and silent while looking at the busy university outside the window.

 

Mr. Song and So Min’s Dad were best of friends but they fought over a woman while still in college. They lose their trust to each other and separated their ways. The woman just wanted to ruin their friendship, so she has been with them at the same time. They both felt anger and hatred towards each other. Men can’t accept the fact that they were been cheated, plus the fact that it was their friend. She succeeded destroying a strong bond. Mr. Song has been closed to So Min’s grandpa they were like a family but, after the incident they just lose contact.

 

So Min’s Dad decided to be in the country side, soon he met So Min’s Mom and they got married. They settled in the countryside for how many years of being together and then they decided to move to Seoul, where the accident that killed them took place.

 

------------------

 

“Oh Hyun Joong? Where have you been last time?” Mack greeted.

 

“You’re like a bubble pop.” Jack added.

 

Hyun Joong was just silent and put his things on his place. He sat there thinking deeply. Jack just ignored it and played some unrecognizable chords on his guitar, it got on Hyun Joong’s ear.

 

“Jack, you can still change your major.” He said boldly.

 

“Hyun Joong what’s wrong?” Mack asked.

 

“Nothing. I’m just stressed out lately.”

 

“Would you like to see Helena? She is your vitamins right?”

 

“No. She can’t help it.” He said closing his eyes.

 

---------------

 

“You’re ring looks good.” Woo Bin said trying to bring up the topic between her and Hyun Joong.

 

“Really? At first it is beautiful but, after knowing the meaning of this, it is more like a shackle.” She chuckled while staring at the ring.

 

“Shackle? Your engagement you mean?” So Min was shocked from his question, she looked at her with fear and curiosity. “I already know. You and Hyun Joong are engaged. Looking how he treats you, I feel like throwing him into pieces.”

 

“Woo Bin. How did you know?” She muttered in between her breath.

 

“Because I’m Song Woo Bin.” He gave her a weak smile. It was written all over his face that he is not just an ordinary man in love. He is Song Woo Bin, the fighter after all.