Chapter12

Blind Traces

 

“Gah! So Min I missed you!” Tricia greeted So Min at class. They didn’t saw each other for a while because of the preparation for the party. So Min hugged Tricia to feel some comfort and happiness. “What have you done for the past days?”

 

“I’m preparing for something that will make my life complicated.” So Min sighed as she pulled Tricia to a seat. She was ready to tell her everything.

 

“What do you mean? What are you up to? What happened?” Tricia asked continuously, she just stopped when she noticed So Min looking at her with an unexplained face.

 

“Forgive me after hearing this.” So Min mumbled, which made Tricia raise her eyebrow more. “Can you promise me to keep this as a secret?” Tricia nodded with a smile. So Min sighed before starting. “I am Hyun Joong’s fiancée.” She said carefully.

 

“WHAT?! This is not the time for a joke okay.” Tricia laughed. “What do you want to tell me?” Tricia asked again.

 

“I just told you.”

 

“For real?! So the rumor is true that they broke up and you are the reason? You are staying at their house?” In every question she asked, So Min just nodded. “How could this happen?”

 

“I don’t know. This is an arrangement made by the elders, we were just stuck and there would be no way out. Tricia I’m sorry for keeping this up to you. I hope you can understand why. We need to keep this for awhile and now we have to appear at the party as a happy couple.” So Min said with traces of disappointment in her face.

 

“How about Woo Bin?”

 

“He knew.”

 

“He knew? What did he do? Is he mad or something?”

 

“Why would he? I haven’t talked to him after that, since were busy preparing for the party.” So Min said remembering the day they happily shared.

 

Tricia just like any friend kept on asking and interrogating So Min.

 

---------------

 

“Yo! Your mood has been on roller coaster these past few days.” Peter asked. Woo Bin has been appearing with different moods lately. He saw the invitation for the party in the table; he carelessly got it and flipped through it. “Are you attending?” He asked curiosly, knowing Woo Bin despises such parties.

 

“I’m still thinking.”

 

“Why don’t you bring So Min over?” He asked forgetting the fact that So Min is engaged to Hyun Joong. Woo Bin looked at Peter with those scary eyes, so he zipped his mouth.

 

“The moment So Min and that jerk showed up together in that party, it’s over.” Woo Bin said while thinking had on his seat.

 

Peter sat opposite of Woo Bin. He examined Woo Bin’s thinking face. ‘He is surely into So Min.’ He thought. “What are you up to? Do you want to ask them to get in their way?”

 

“No. I can feel that they won’t go.”

 

“How sure are you? Hyun Joong did even break-up with Helena, he’s preparing for that party. If you like So Min, then tell her before its late. He got advantage, remember they are staying at the same house, anything can happen.” Peter said as he flipped a magazine page. Woo Bin looked at Peter and smirked.

 

“He doesn’t even care for So Min’s feelings. She is not that type!”

 

“Got you! You like her. Man there is nothing wrong liking a girl, what’s wrong is hurting them.”

 

“You sounded that you didn’t even hurt a girl. Shut up!” Peter realized that he hurt a lot of girls; he was a playboy after all.

 

---------------------

 

So Min’s grandpa felt a slight ache on his chest but he just ignored and continued gardening. He was wearing his hat and his gardening outfit, while taking a look at his plants. He smiled when he remembered So Min talking with his plants. It was getting dark, so he decided to take a shower.

 

He was on his way in his mini office to sign some papers needed for his stocks in his business, now managed by his attorney. He first looked at the window to breathe a fresh air. He touched his chest again, feeling the ache again. He was about to take another step, when it hurt badly.

 

“So Min.” He uttered struggling with the pain.

 

 He fell down on the floor reaching for the phone for some help, but he already fell unconscious.

 

Mr. Jung is the only relative of So Min. He has the power over the engagement of the two. His existence is very important over the engagement. It was a promise by both grandparents, unfortunately Hyun Joong’s grandparents are now gone. Behind the promise there lie secrets and deals that only the parents and grandparents know. Secrets and deals when revealed will surely end up the hesitations and will answer every questions.