Chapter 31

Blind Traces

 

Chapter 31

 

 

Concealed. It was the most perfect word to describe Prince Song’s impending return. But, everything that’s concealed is meant to be revealed. Just like the bag under your eyes, no matter how much concealer you put to cover up it only takes a smile for it to show.

 

 

The recital/show Mr. and Mrs. Kim was preparing is well promoted. It is in the television, radio, newspaper, magazines, internet and billboards. Everyone is excited, not just because it is a big show, but because it was announced the whole nation that the two main people behind the show are husband and wife.

 

 

Hyun Joong held the hands of his wife on their way to the live interview to a certain talk show as soon as their names were called to be on stage.

 

 

“Nervous?” he asked with a hint of mockery. His suppressed smile at his wife showed when she mouthed, “Fighting.” Since the day, she said yes to this interview, she wasn’t acting normal. She was completely nervous and last night, she almost freaked out. When he remembers her face last night, he can’t help not to laugh at it.

 

 

“Can’t you get over it? You were laughing at me the whole night and morning,” she complained with a smile on her face. She needs to smile because the camera is in front of them. “You’re dead after this,” she threatened still with the sweet smile.

 

 

“Oh really? Should I runaway?”

 

 

The married couple’s little talk/teasing/sweet nothing ended when the talk show hosts started their babbles and introduction. The show was going well and great, everyone in the set is having fun. Of course, it was all about their career and how they ended being partners in the show.

 

 

“So, now let’s talk about, your love story. Everyone is curious how you guys met each other,” the host started accompanied by a romantic song at the background.

 

 

‘Love story? Do we have one?’

 

 

“Of course, each one of us has their own unique love story that needs to be shared, may it be for inspiration or reminder for others,” the female host said answering his/her though. True enough, they have their own story to share of how they got married. But the questions are, do they have a love story? Can it be called a love story?

 

 

“How did you guys met?”

 

 

Unconsciously they look at each other and their eyes met, both asking something, only them can say. The crowd went, ‘AWW’ when they saw the sweet gesture. Let it be.

 

 

Hyun Joong held his microphone up, meaning he’ll answer. “Actually,” he started without breaking the eye contact. “Actually…we are a victim of a fixed marriage on the 2oth century, funny isn’t it?” His faint smile made So Min look at the other direction.

 

 

His confession gained different reactions from the crowd. And their answer to them is just a smile, full of convincing powers. Sending a message.

 

 

“Do you guys regret it?”

 

 

Hyun Joong put his microphone down, a sign that he has no intention of answering. He wants to know what his wife will answer. His answer is obvious already, obvious in every way. Does he put his wife in pressure? Yes. Curiosity is killing him.

 

 

Everyone is waiting for her answer, she knows that. She sighed deep before she flashed a smile, a genuine one. “No. Why would you regret marrying someone out of an arrange marriage if you feel loved all the time?”

 

 

“Aww! How sweet of you guys,” the female host extended her admiration for the two.

 

 

So Min and Hyun Joong didn’t mind the babbles of the two host, they were lost on their own world. They just stared at each other’s eyes. No words can fit to describe that, because it was simply unexplainable. I leave it up to you, what made So Min say that.

 

 

“But, what I am curious about is how you guys felt in your wedding? I mean, usually fixed marriages are------”

 

“It was depressing,” Hyun Joong cut in. Everybody was like, ‘HUH?!’ with his revelation. “Who wouldn’t be depressed if you’ll gonna say goodbye to the bachelor life at college, right?” The people were relieved with his explanation.  “But when I saw my wife to be…..everything became so right, by that time,” he finished with a smile.

 

 

Everything became so right.

For both?

For him?

For her?

For everyone?

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

Time flies fast.

Sometimes you wish it won’t, but sometimes you wish it is.

It all depends on the situation.

Right now, what will Hyun Joong choose?

 

 

“Fighting!!!!!”

 

 

Tonight is the night, the performance night. Each name on the guest list graced the red carpet one after another. Celebrities, politicians, VIPs name them and they are present. Camera flashes nonstop because anywhere you turn, you’ll see a photo subject.

 

 

As expected, the show was great, really great. And now, everyone is invited at the after party. But, usually only the youngsters stayed for the party.

 

 

“Congratulations!!!!” The whole crowd shouted at the top of their lungs when the couple arrived hand in hand.

 

 

‘They are really getting good,’ Peter thought happily for Hyun Joong but not for his friend.

 

 

“Tricia, I’ll just take a quick walk outside to get some fresh air,” So Min informed Tricia.

 

 

“Oh? Wait! I’ll come with you,” she said as she put her glass of wine down. She was about to take another step when her boss called her, she has no choice but to let So Min go.

 

 

She was holding her glass of wine while staring at the stars. Counting them? Or simply looking at them? Either way, they are beautiful in her eyes. With the success and happiness she’s feeling right now, she can say that what she said in the interview was right. She isn’t regretting marrying him.

 

 

Take note of the word, right now.

Nothing last forever.

She said it herself.

 

 

“Oh you’re here,” Hyun Joong said.

 

 

“I’m just getting some fresh air. Are you tired?” She asked as she noticed the wariness in his eyes. He shook his head like a kid. “Let’s go home or do you want to stay at the hotel? Can you still drive?”

 

 

“Let’s just go home,” he said. “Wait for me at the lobby. I’ll just say our goodbye to everyone and call the valet.”

 

 

Wrong move.

 

 

“Okay,” she said as she reached for his coat, which he gladly handed because the cold breeze of the wind embraces them.

 

 

Hyun Joong walked fast, he just wants to go home now and have a good night sleep with his wife beside him. Someone, caught his eye, but he was walking fast and so is the man, so he didn’t had the chance to see that man’s face clearly. Yes, it was a man.

 

 

“Hyun Joong-ah, Woo Bin will be back.”

“….Woo Bin will be back.”

“….Woo Bin will be back.”

 

 

That got him. He was in front of the large door when he stopped.

 

‘He’s back. !’

 

 

“DAMNIT!”

 

 

He almost forgot it. He did because of the happy memories he and his wife is sharing. He runs as fast as he could to take her away from that place. He was literally running for his life now.

 

 

“What happened? Why are you running like something is missing?” So Min asked worriedly. He just shook his head in relief, he was just paranoid. ‘It’s just the alcohol,’ he convinced himself. He looked around the lobby just to be sure and when he’ sure, he sighed in relief. So Min wiped the sweats formed in her husbands’ forehead with her bare hands. He held his hand and kissed her in the forehead before he dragged her out of that place.

 

 

“SO MIN!” Tricia shouted to get the attention of her friend and her husband. She was successful; they both stopped in their way and turned to see Tricia. “You forgot your purse,” she said while waving the purse in the air.

 

 

Wrong move.

 

 

“I’ll get it,” Hyun Joong said and walked towards Tricia.

 

 

Wrong move.

 

 

So Min heard restrained sobs behind her and a man talking, she turned to see what is happening.

 

 

Wrong move.

 

 

“Please, don’t go,” the girl begged again while holding the arms of the man. So Min wanted to hate the man for his rudeness, but she just can’t.

Simply can’t.

 

 

“Just shut up and GET LOST!!!!” So Min’s heartbeat went crazy the moment she heard that voice. She can’t be wrong that is the voice and same phrases he uses when he don’t want you.

 

 

“I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Yah! Don’t act stupid! This is our first warning to you. If you don’t stop, we would………” The girl stopped. They felt scared to see Woo Bin showed behind her.

 

“You would what?” Woo Bin asked coldly.

 

“Woo Bin.” They said shaking.

 

“Get lost!”He said. The girls left So Min and Woo Bin in the hallway.

 

“Thank you!” So Min bowed to him. She was surprised to see Woo Bin. She felt uneasy to talk to him, after everything she heard about him, he noticed it.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked while looking at her.

 

“Yeah. Thank you….” She said shyly.

 

“I’m Song Woo Bin and you are?” He asked even though he already knew.

 

“Jung So Min.” She said with a smile.

 

“Don’t worry about those ducks. They won’t bother you again.”

 

“It’s okay. I just wonder why they are so scared to see you.”

 

“Because I’m Song Woo Bin.”

 

“What a cocky answer.” He smiled to her.

 

“I guess you are not.”

 

“Just a little. After saving me from them, I can feel that you are still soft hearted even though you are Song Woo Bin.” She smiled.

 

 

 

The first exchange of words. The first GET LOST.

 

Tears run down from her cheeks as he stared at the man in front of her.

 

 

 

The girls locked the comfort room. They threw her in the corner and covered her eyes. She can’t see anyone, nor notice who those are. Her hands were held tightly in her back, she can’t move.

 

“Hey, what do you want?” She asked while trying to get off.

 

“Don’t move! You will just hurt yourself. This would be our first warning to you.”

 

“I didn’t do anything to you.”

 

“Do not get near Woo Bin again or else we’ll kick you out. How can you just talk to her like you know him that much? You don’t even deserve a second glance.”

 

“What? We just talk! What is the big issue?” She shouted.

 

“You got some nerves country girl!” A girl said and slapped So Min. Her hands were marked on her soft cheeks.

 

They made her smell a handkerchief making her faint. They tried to soak her until the door was slammed on the floor.

 

Everyone was shocked and turned to the door’s direction. Their eyes popped out as they saw Woo Bin. He entered the women’s comfort room and the girls gave him a way.

 

“You crazy fan girls, GET LOST! Do not get near her again or I’ll kick you all out.” He said glaring at them.

 

“What are we going to with them?” One of his boys asked. Woo Bin knew what happened to So Min, since he sent someone to look after her around school.

 

“Bring them in the guidance counselor, they need to get punished. I don’t want to waste my time to crazy fan girls.” He said as he removes the blindfold.

 

“So Min?” He asked gently, while shaking her arms.

 

She fainted one of the girls said. He immediately carried her bridal style and walked fast to the clinic. Everyone they passed by were kept silent and stunned to see Woo Bin carrying a girl worriedly.

 

 

His husband’s coat around her slowly dropped from her shoulder. Slowly. Just like Hyun Joong’s heart, it was slowly breaking apart as soon as Prince Song, stood there staring at his wife. He knows that he doesn’t have his memory back, but, what’s the use of it? If, he, Prince Song himself is right in front of his wife.

 

 

“Song Woo Bin.”

 

Song Woo Bin is back in So Min’s life.

 

 

------------------

 

Can't say anything about the story. Haha. Just go with the flow. I just want to update cause I just want to. PROBLEM?! Haha :P

 

I just want to say my flaming THANK YOU to all of the people who greeted me. I won't name drop here. I don't want to drag your names in this 'heartbreaking' chapter. LOL. Just pretend this is heartbreaking, because next chapter is more heartbreaking. Haha. So Min's reaction next update. 

 

Did I say I can't say anything? Is it obvious? Hahaha :))

 

Forgive me with all of the grammatical errors and such. You're smart enough to understand. 

 

Wrote this between 3 in the afternoon upto 7 in the evening.  Record breaking. Haha :P So deal with the crappy chapter.

 

Princemackaroo is happy :))))