Chapter23

Blind Traces

 


It has been 3 weeks since they parted ways.

 

 

 

 

3 weeks of sorrow.

 

3 weeks of emptiness.

 

3 weeks of a lifeless heart.

 

3 weeks without anyone.

 

 

 

 

 

Nothing passes the ears and eyes of her grandpa, nothing passed. Every single bit of information was in his hands. It was enough to make his move.

 

 

 

 

So Min broke the deal, she cheated. She did, but she didn’t regret.

 

 

 

 

 

All they need is 3 weeks to prepare for everything, money does magic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In that 3 weeks they didn’t saw each other, they’ve been parted. He was in their house and she was in the countryside without any communications at anyone in Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They didn’t had a say in their own wedding, all they had to do is to say their vows if they'll have one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

“Man why rush things? You’re both young, you have to enjoy the bachelor stage to the fullest,” Mark said as he gulped his own shot of liquor.

 

“We could never understand how rich people thinks,” Jack commented.

 

“Man you sure about this?” Mark asked Hyun Joong, he knew about everything. It was him whom he called the night when So Min run away from him. 

 

“As if I have he has choice.” Jack was correct, either So Min or Hyun Joong has no choice.

 

“It’s not that……I don’t have a choice it’s just…..” He was having a hard time explaining so he just finished what’s left in his glass.

 

“Do you love her?”

 

Hyun Joong looked at Jack with a deadly eye sending his message ‘Do you really have to ask that?’ Jack didn’t got the meaning so he repeated, “Do you love her?”

 

“Helena is the only person he loves,” Mark said just like stating a fact.

 

“It’s not what I see,” Jack said once again.

 

“Shut up!” Hyun Joong shouted at them and left the two of them still arguing. His two friends might not be always there in his side but they will be always there when he needs them. They have no bonding like Woo Bin and Peter but still they care for each other like brothers.

 

Hyun Joong went home to rest; it will be his wedding tomorrow. He will need energy from all the exhaustion physically and emotionally.

 

He was about to enter to his room when he remembered Jack’s question.

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

It was replaying in his mind nonstop; he faced her room door and noticed the light coming out from her room, ‘She isn’t here right?’ He walked to her door and carefully looked around to his surprise he saw someone coming from the closet area; his heart was beating fast and he can feel the tremble of his feet. He was frozen in the door.

 

“Oh! Hyun Joong what are you doing here?” He felt excited and nervous for nothing; his Mom was walking around So Min’s room.

 

“I just noticed that someone’s in here,” he answered.

 

“Oh,” was all his Mom can answer as she was busy fixing some stuffs inside the room. “She really looks like her mother,” Mrs. Kim commented while holding on the picture of So Min’s family. “I was disappointed when I knew what happened but I’m still thankful because the wedding is moved near,” she smiled genuinely.

 

“You really like her,” Hyun Joong commented as he stepped inside her room.

 

“I do. Not just because she is Mr. Jung's granddaughter but because I really like her and I can’t explain why. She has something in her that will make you like her even if she failed at something. I can’t be mad that she fell in love with another man, it was natural to fall for someone who cares and treats you differently from others,” Ms. Kim chuckled a bit and continued, “I really do feel that she is the one for you.”

 

“Aren’t you being unfair to me?” Hyun Joong playfully asked. He doesn’t want to hear sermons from his own mother.

 

Mrs. Kim laughed a little and walked to her son, she held his face and smiled, “You had a girlfriend when she arrived, you even asked her to stay away from you in school, you drop her off on the side street just to hide your relationship with her, you left her waiting in the mall when I asked you to help her to be familiar in Seoul. She was alone in this big city, you, Hyun Joong is the only man she expects to be with her because you are his fiancée. But you weren’t there and then Woo Bin came into the picture. Who is unfair?” Mrs. Kim paused for a little and hugged her son.

 

“Hh-ho-how did you know all of this?”

 

“I am Madam Kim, your mother. I was silent all this time because I want you guys to figure out what you’re missing out in each other and I thought that you guys had developed something deeper from your trip in their house. Now tell me son, am I right?” Mrs. Kim released him from the hug and looked directly into his eyes.

 

Hyun Joong didn’t answer, he just looked away.

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

Jack’s question replayed on his mind again. He was sure that she has a special place in his life now, it was clear in him. But he was not sure about her. And that makes him confuse, he was in state of denial and confusion. He misses her? Only he can answer but we all know that action speaks louder than words.

 

“Figure it out by yourself, I have to look beautiful on your wedding,” Mrs. Kim hugged Hyun Joong once again and left him inside her room.

 

He waited for the sound of the closing door and locked it behind him. He didn’t know what he will do inside to lock himself up. He sat on her bed for how many minutes and decided to talk to her parents.

 

“Mom, Dad I promise I’ll do my fair share of things between us. But if the two of us fail in making each other to fall in love, don’t worry I won’t give up. I’ll still find a way to win in this destiny’s game,” he promised to her parents.

 

Hours after roaming around and thinking inside her room, the ignored prince fell asleep on her room, on her bed, with her scent captivating him.

 

Whatever would happen tomorrow, he just wished that things would never go out of his way. He exactly knew what happened to the other prince, but he chose to be quiet about it, he chose to be selfish, he chose himself.

 

The other prince is busy, busy stitching events in his mind, busy remembering things. But as they told him, it would be better if he wouldn't remember even a single bit of it. His heart doesn't show any sign of cooperation to the people around him as it beats for only one person, only one girl.

 

And by the time he and she says their vows, he is on his way to other side of the world, where his new life awaits him. They just all wished that everything, everything would fall into their right places, maybe not now, but when the right time comes.