Chapter22

Blind Traces

 

 

She stands in a post looking at Kim’s residence from there, different thoughts play in her mind but what hurts her most is the figure of her fiancée from the cold garden.

 

‘He isn’t waiting for me, right?’

 

After a minute of thinking she didn’t know what made her run away from him, from them, all she knows is that she is hurt and she doesn’t want to drag him with it.

 

So Min stopped in a park with her broken heart and torn thinking. She sat on the swing while she copes with the coldness at her own. This day has been too long for her, but she wished that time stopped the moment when she and Woo Bin shares their happiness.

 

Every second that pass feels like eternity to her, she has no home to go.

 

---------------------------

 

“Thanks!”

 

Two men who made So Min’s life  a little mess is busy talking at a café where they can watch her. 

 

“How long she’s been there?”

 

“We just arrived,” Hyun Joong looked at Woo Bin with curiosity and challenge, “I was following her since we parted ways, good thing I did because she has been in your house and then left,” Woo Bin explained as he stares at her back figure.

 

Hyun Joong just looked at him expressionless, his emotions failed to release one because of confusion, “Thanks again,” at least he managed to say.

 

“This is damn awkward!” Woo Bin said to start a conversation, he wanted to tell many things but he doesn’t know where to start, “Peter said we should talk alone so he’s not here,” he explained to start a comfortable atmosphere.

 

“My wondering is solved,” Hyun Joong smiled. “You two are always together that I’ve thought one of you is gay, please don’t get me wrong.” Hyun Joong got a laugh from Woo Bin instead of a death glare or a straight punch just like what he anticipates.

 

“This isn’t the reaction you expect,” Hyun Joong nodded, “Well, everything change. There are only two people in this world that understands me completely. Peter and I has been friends since the day I helped him and everything went unexplainable. I also wonder how that guy handles me and I thank him for that. Second is--”

 

“So Min. She was the first girl I heard to say that you are nice, from that I had a suspicion that you like her because girls usually say that you are hot or cool because of your attitude and you showing your kindness to her is something else. When did you start to notice her?” He asked with utmost curiosity. Woo Bin smiled mischievously at his question.

 

“Since the day she waited for about an hour in the mall, she looked so damn pretty and pissed at the same time. I thought that she got ditched by her boyfriend and I thought it was fun to see a girl in that state. But believe me if it will happen again, it w----”

 

“You’ll like it?” Hyun Joong asked with a challenging voice.

 

“Nope,” he answered seriously Hyun Joong looked at him with his confused eyes and thought, it was a signal for him to continue, “Because I can’t forgive myself for giving her up to a damn, stupid jerk. Now that we closed what was about to start, it would be always you from now on,” he said giving him a sign that he gave up.

 

Silence fell in between the two gorgeous men, ideas and thoughts flood on their minds and their mind crashed for a damn sometime.

 

Men usually solve their issues thru fists, especially to Woo Bin it was his specialty. If they would do it now it is so sure that Hyun Joong would end up breaking a rib or more.

 

“This isn’t like the first time,” Hyun Joong chuckled.

 

“As they say love is sweeter the second time around,” Woo Bin said out of tune from their conversation. “She doesn’t deserve two grownups fighting for her, So Min does.”

 

“Everything is sure better the second time around. Rivalry for the second time made us mature an---”

 

“It’s not the rivalry it is So Min who made us to be, or is it just for me?”

 

“She is sure special,” Hyun Joong said and glanced from where So Min stays.

 

“That’s why I feel like I lost everything,” Woo Bin countered to help Hyun Joong realize what he misses if he continues to ignore So Min. Little from his knowledge is that Hyun Joong is starting to see what magic So Min has.

 

“I feel like I lost to you,” Hyun Joong said in a tone where you can sense his sincerity, “I salute you for being able to handle all the pain. You sure are a great fighter; you know when you will give up a fight----”

 

“I just knew that she will chose others than her own. That’s what I liked about her and that also killed my heart, our conversation is being so gay now,” they both laughed at his last comment and made them more comfortable than ever.

 

“I can’t say everything in my head so just please accept my handshake and understand everything,” Hyun Joong said and extended his right hand to him. Woo Bin gladly accepted it and they just smiled to each other.

 

“Saying that I’ll kill you or I’ll get her if you’ll hurt her is so damn used and I don’t believe with perfect relationships, so just please make her smile and feel loved every after misunderstanding,” with that Woo Bin tapped his shoulder, smiled and walked fast. He knew that he can’t control his feelings anymore; he was just showing a fierce Woo Bin.

 

"Friends?" Hyun Joong shouted.

 

"Don't be so damn, we will never be," Woo Bin shouted back with an irritating smile. Hyun Joong just smirked and thought, 'I now know why girls fall in love with a bad guy.'

 

Hyun Joong removes his coat while he walks to So Min, he slowly wrapped it to her and tapped her head, “He won’t like it to see you like this.”

 

So Min was startled by his presence and just thanked him in his mind. He fixed the coat in her and held on the swing tighter, seeing Hyun Joong suffering is the last thing she wants to see.

 

Silence fell again to the both of them, this time it’s a comfortable silence. They both know that they both needed it. Words can be so damn confusing if they'll utter one.

 

Rain slowly poured.

 

Hyun Joong grabbed So Min’s hand and dragged her to his car, she was so hesitant to enter but Hyun Joong gave her a look to follow him.

 

They just stayed inside the car without going anywhere; silence is still there except from the sound of raindrops hitting the car and their small breaths.

 

“Yeah, I’m with her. No worries,” So Min heard from his phone conversation.

 

“Mom just called to ask if we’re together,” he answered her asking face.

 

“Ahh,” was all she could answer.

 

“You wanna go home now?” He asked though he knew she doesn’t want to.

 

“No. I feel like I’m betraying everybody in there, I’m sorry.”

 

“Of course you don’t because if you do you are with him now but you’re not,” he managed to give her a smile of encouragement and strength.

 

“Thank you,” she uttered under her breath and soon she fell asleep. The day was too exhausting for her and he understand why, he just let her rest.

 

As he stares at her he couldn’t help but feel proud and hurt for her. He just promised that he will give his best shot to make their relationship stable and love bound because he knows how much sacrificed she had done.

 

----------------------------

 

A prince made the best decision for everyone but not for him. 

 

He made sure he was far from everyone who knows him.

 

The prince showed his wasted side.

 

He is still a prince despite of the loosened him because of the sudden burst of feelings.

 

Crying would be the best way to release everything, but he doesn't know how to cry.

 

The prince didn't know if a tear fell from his eyes because a very bright light took him.