sixteen.

One Gamer, One Life

"Sooyeon Jung."

Minho's eyes snap open. "Sooyeon Jung?" he repeats.

"Yup. D'you know who that is? Well, probably you do, of course. She sent your letter to you. Is she a past friend from that old school?" Without waiting for an answer, however, Taemin gets distracted with the smell of delicious food and follows his nose to the kitchen. He starts to bother Key and tries to get a bite of whatever his "mom" is making. Thus the letter is left to Minho alone. He quickly tries to think of what to do. After a moment of indecision, he finally takes his phone out to call his sister, only for it to go unanswered.

Softly berating Sulli for her tendency to leave her phone always silent, Minho quickly dresses himself and goes outside to head for the girls' apartment. When gets to his destination, he rings the bell and waits impatiently. Sadly, the door stays closed. He starts knocking hard at the door (because he hates waiting) to take out his stress while massaging his temples with one hand. His eyes are closed as he continuously knocks.

Fortunately, the door opens. Unfortunately, Minho does not notice, and doesn't stop his fist from ramming into the space which held the door. When he feels that what he had hit is not the door, accompanied by a cry of pain, he opens his eyes to see Krystal crouched on the ground, cradling her forehead. Guiltily, Minho drops to the ground. "Krystal, are you okay?"

Krystal looks up with a face contorted in pain. "Hi, oppa," she says in a weak, confused voice. "What did I do wrong?"

Minho shakes his head, mentally beating himself up for not looking where he hit. ""I, um, it's not you. It was the door." Krystal's face contorts even more in confusion, and the boy tries to explain himself better. "It wasn't the door either. It was Sulli." He pauses, and remembers why he came here in the first placee. "Can I talk to her?"

Krystal nods, still rubbing her sore forehead. The two stand up together, and Minho notices that she tied her front hair up in a bob thing to keep her hair out of her face. Though her face is half covered by her hand and is still scrunched up, Minho can't help but notice her beauty. He quickly looks away to a random place.

Krystal notices and follows his gaze to see that he is looking at the laundry hanging to dry.

Which , may I mention, has all the ladies' respective undergarments.

Filled with horror, Krystal shouts, "ert!" and shuts the door in his face. Dumbfounded, Minho just stands there incomprehending the situation. He belatedly realizes what just happened, and what Krystal might've thought.

"Wait, no!" Minho cries hysterically. "Krys, you got it all wrong! It's a misunderstanding!" He pounds on the door, begging Krystal to open the door again. "I'm telling you, I'm not that kind of person! Believe me!"

The door re-opens, much to his relief, but reveals only his sister being pushed out the door. The brother and sister just stand there, looking at each other. Sulli who had been in the middle of enjoying some good scrambled eggs, starts to chew her food again. Minho simply groans and facepalms himself. Heavily, he says, "Come on, Ssul. Let's go to my room." He starts to move away, but a hand catches his arm before he can move further. He looks back to see his sister swallowing her food.

"But," she says, "what about me?"

"What about you?" Minho taps his foot impatiently while Sulli chews and swallows again.

"Um, hello? Can you even see what I'm wearing here?" She gestures towards her clothes, and Minho's eyes trail down to see crumpled pajamas and bunny slippers. He rolls his eyes when he finally gets what Sulli is implying.

"No one cares. I'm your brother."

"Not you, oppa. The rest of the oppas."  This time, it's Sulli who rolls her eyes.

"Oh." He thinks about it for a second, then lifts his shoulders up and down. "Still, no one cares. You're the little sister of all of us." He pats her head as if to prove his point.

For a moment, Sulli's face falls. Minho tilts his head, scrutinizing this expression. It quickly disappears, however, and Sulli passes him to lead the way. "Let's go, oppa, What're you waiting for?" she calls back. Minho dismisses the strange expression for the moment and jogs to catch up.

 

•              

 

"Hi, oppas!" Sulli announces her arrival with a loud voice.

"Hi, Ssul," the oppas answer absentmindedly. There is a pause, then every boy stares at the unexpected guest. "Ssul?" they ask incredulously.

The point of their interests laughs. "Yes, Ssul." She smiles at their expression.

Onew finds his voice first. "What are you doing here?"

"Minho oppa," she replies airily. "It's a sibling thing. Please excuse us, and go back to your delicious looking breakfast. Ooh, did Key oppa make this? I'll help myself to this." Sulli daintily grabs a small peice of buttered bread and leaves, with her brother following, as everyone else at the table watches with wide eyes. Just before entering the room, the girl turns around to send an eyesmile to Key. "Thanks, oppa!" She disappears along with Minho, and the rest of the boys just sits there looking at each other.

Key speaks first. "Well, that was..."

"Unexpected," Jonghyun finishes. "Still, it must be nice to have a sibling near you like that."

The sisterless, brotherless high-schoolers all nod frantically. As one, they go back to their food.

One of them, though, stills his eating. "Wait," Taemin cuts in through the mindless chattering and chewing. "She went into Minho hyung's room, right?" The others all nod, heads tilted in curiosity. Without another word, Taemin stands up and sprints to the room.

Once again, the ones excluded just stares after him and then looks at each other when the door slams shut.

Jonghyun concludes the situation in one short sentence. "We know nothing about anything, don't we?"

The clueless, curious older boys all nod frantically. As one, they go back to their food.

 

 

•              

 

While this was happening outside, the only siblings of the group talk seriously.

"So she answered?"

"Yes."

"Today?"

"Yes."

"Did you open it yet?"

"No."

"Let me see it again."

"Here."

Sulli looks at the letter intently. "Should we open it right now?"

"Probably."

"Okay." She takes a deep breath, and moves her fingers towards the sealed cover. And then she notices a hairbrush on one of the tables. She frowns, knowing her brother is not the type to brush his hair anywhere else than the bathroom. Then she notices a hand mirror (mirror-side turned down), and frowns even more. "I didn't know you like cosmetics now, oppa."

Minho looks at where his sister is, and shakes his head. "I still don't. It's Taemin's."

At that one name, Sulli's attention is captured immediately by her surroundings, which she had not cared for before. "You share rooms with Taemin oppa?" Minho nods. "Why didn't you tell me?"

The older sibling's eyebrows scrunches up and his head tilts. "Why did I need to tell you that?"

Sulli snaps her head back from looking at the obviously-Taemin's desk and blinks at Minho with wide eyes. Faintly, Minho thinks that she kind of looks like a deer caught in headlights, and also a bit guilty. His eyebrows scrunches up even more. Then he remembers that Sulli probably likes Taemin, and decides he wants her to confess right here so he can help her openly.

"I, um, well, you see..."

Minho's face forms a frown. "Tell me right now what this is all about, Choi Jinri."

Choi Jinri looks defeated. She takes a deep breath. And...

...the door slams open to reveal a worried Taemin. The deep breath is let out in a deep sigh of relief. "Taemin oppa!" Sulli greets cheerfully. "What are you doing here?"

The other person in the room, also known as Choi Minho, lets out his held breath in a deep sigh of disappointment. "What are you doing here, Taem?"

"I, um, well, you see..." Taemin trails off, his eyes frantically searching the room for something. His eyes light up, and he reaches for his hairbrush and hand mirror. "I came here for this! Hehe, sorry to interrupt..." Taemin backs away towards the door again, and is about to go out when Sulli tumbles down from her spot on Minho's bed.

The crash makes Taemin whirl around and run to Sulli's side. "Ssul, you okay? What happened?"

Sulli stands up, her face pink. "Haha, nothing, oppa. I'm fine. Just a bit clumsy, that's all." She laughs, and wills mentally for Taemin to do the same. To her immense gratefulness, he does half-heartedly.

Then with another awkward back-stepping number between the two, Taemin goes outside.

Minho watches all this without a word. He had seen Taemin's worried face, and wonders if Sulli's unrequited crush just may be requited. He shakes his head, thinking that it can't be possible. He had heard Taemin say that he had a crush on a noona, and Sulli is younger than Taemin, and Taemin isn't one to lie.

But it was when they had first met, so maybe his crush had changed.

"...oppa? Oppa. CHOI MINHO OPPA!"

Minho's head falls back to reality, and he stares at Sulli for a moment to recall what they had been doing.

"I'm going to open it now, oppa," Sulli announces. Minho nods, and they both hold their breaths in anticipation.

 

•              

 

Taemin, now out of his shared room, sighs in relief. He looks at the items in his hand with a smile, and goes to the bathroom to hide them. He comes back to the table and starts eating ravenously as if nothing had happened. The three oldest boys still their hands to stare again.

"I'm confused," Jonghyun finally says. The confused, suspicious other two nods frantically. As one, they go back to their food as well.


Fast update! It's not very long, but at least it's longer than last chapter. I think. Anyways, some TaeLli here, some MinStal there, some confused old men in the middle. Hehe, that part was pretty fun. After this whole story, I'm planning to make a different version of this story (but focused solely on the other couples). It'll relate to most chapters in this one, so don't worry if you started reading this for one of the side couples. I'm not going to neglect them, and the KhunToria shippers-- just wait. Patience will reward nicely. And: the reason for the letter will be revealed first thing in the next chapter. So don't worry about that either. Subscribes and comments MUCHLY appreciated, love all of y'all reading this (even those silent readers, yo). See ya next time. (I feel like one of those hosts in a show, smiling cheesily at the TV screen as the crowd cheers and the cameras all zooms back and then the show ends with credits running.)