twentysix.

One Gamer, One Life

Alas, as the Nickhun-Tiffany news came out, I felt it was kind of disgraceful to both of them to update with my KhunToria-central story. I mean, yeah, I do ship KhunToria, but I also respect Nickhun AND Tiffany, so I waited to upload this chapter (finished a few weeks back, really). I deemed this week to be acceptable, since about a month (I think?) has passed since the news first reached ears of the fans. So pick yourselves up and enjoy, everyone!


"...and this here is Nickhun." Victoria smiles at the youngsters staring at her and the newly introduced Nickhun. She turns to him, gesturing towards the group. "Here are the members of my family away from family that I've told you about until now."

The Thai boy smiles at Victoria's 'family away from family'. "Hello, Vic noona's family away from family. As she has said, my name is Nickhun. Nickhun Horvejkul, if you will. Nice to meet you," he bows.

One by one, as if it had all been planned beforehand, the family members come to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, too! My name is Sulli!"

"Jonghyun. We've... heard about you."

"Yo, man, the name's Amber."

"Amber stole my greeting--"

"No I didn't!"

"--but anyways, I'm Key."

"Minho Choi, sir."

"I'm Taemin. Can I call you hyung?"

"Krystal."

"I believe we're the same age? Onew."

"Luna's the name! Hope we get along!"

Victoria bites back a giggle when she sees Nickhun's soft smile fade into a frozen one. "So there you go, kids, here is the guy you wanted to meet so much." She grins teasingly at the guy next to her. "A bit too overwhelming for you, huh?"

His face clears almost immediately and the smile bounces back. "Not at all." He turns to the group lined up again, and faces each person accordingly as he addresses all individuals. "Sulli-shi, glad to make acquintance with you. Jonghyun-kun, I hope everything you've heard of is of the good kind. Yo there, Amber. Guessing you're from the states? And Key, yo again, another person from the states perhaps? No need for 'sir', Minho Choi. Taemin, sure, and may I call you dongsaeng? I guess we are, Onew-chingu-shi. And I hope we'll all get along, too, Luna-sshi."

For a few seconds, silence reigns. The attempting-to-be-intimidating looks are gone, replaced by great surprise. As if cued, almost the whole group breaks out talking simultaneously.

"No wonder he's in college when he's so young!"

"Wow, I wish I could do that too!"

"Hyung! Hyung! How'd you do that?"

"That was plain awesome."

"Agreed."

"Seconded."

"Thirded?"

"Whatever, everyone thinks so anyways!"

Only Krystal and Minho doesn't talk, opting for soft smiles instead.

Victoria laughs along with Nickhun at the excited group. "Well done. Looks like you've won the acceptance from my second family, kiddo."

He shrugs bashfully. "It was easier than I thought it would be." His grin turns teasing again. "I though I'd need to use my juggling balls that I've brought."

The mom of the group lets out an incredulous laugh. " You brought juggling balls? Shows how nervous you really were."

"I'm meeting my... friend's... family away from family, after all." His smirk, for some reason, slightly dampens for a split second then brightens again. "So, where are we going?"

Victoria says, "I'm not too sure. They said that they'll plan out everything, so..." She claps here hands twice sharply to get the attention of the chattering group. "Now, where are we going?"

Suddenly, the innocent eyes are replaced by evil grins and sly glances.

Onew steps forward, clearing his throat. "Give us a moment to discuss, will you?" He pulls everyone into a huddle, leaving Nickhun and Victoria blinking at random mysterious turn.

Inside the huddle, Onew starts the conversation. "So, Plan Get-Rid-Of-Him or Plan Keep-Him?"

"I honestly like him. He has an easy smile."

"Or is his smile just easy on your eyes?"

"Taemin! Focus! Anyways, Ssul, continue on. Forget that jealous little guy."

"J-jealous?! I'm not jealous! Why in the world would I be jealous?"

"Y-yeah! That's true! Why would he be jealous? It's not like--"

"We've no time for this! Back on subject. So, zoo or aquarium?"

"Aquarium!"

"Yeah! Aquarium and the Plan Keep-Him. It'll be perfect!"

"I've always wanted to play matchmaker! Yes!"

"Any objections?"

"..."

"..."

"Going, going, gone! Okay, everyone have their mini walkie-talkies on? Secured on end of shirt sleeve for easy talking and hearing? Let's go!"

In a flash, the group lines up to face Nickhun and Victoria. Or, as the rest of the group had created, KhunToria.

"We're going to the aquarium!" Onew announces. "Follow us, as we lead you on a wonderful journey."

They all solemnly nod to the bewildered couple, and forms a single file line behind Onew.

"What is this?" Nickhun whispers.

"Just go with the flow, kiddo. When they go into this mode of theirs, nothing can stop'em."

"Sounds like you've experienced this more than once."

"Oh, don't even ask."

Up ahead, Sulli scratches her cheek, making sure her palm (where her walkie talkie is secured on her bracelet) is facing . She murmurs, "K-T talking to each other in whispers. Eyesmile will now commence to record said conversation. Roger."

"Roger."

She secretly presses the secret button on the watch, secretly starting to secretly record the K-T whispers for later secret fangirling. She secretly allows a secret smile to secretly slip unto her face, making sure everything is utmostly secret.

The rest of group also lets secret smiles light up their faces. They, also, cannot wait for the late-night fangirling to come with all that stuff they're sure to get. Then, the secret smiles become more sinister. They cannot wait for all that matchmaking to come as well.


Um, yeah, hi. Hehe. Very late update, I know. Sorry about that. Really. For the thousandth time, I know. Sorry about that too. Really. And this is only part one, but I thought I shouldn't keep everyone waiting and all, so here you go. Um, I've also (boy do I use that word a lot) I've got a review coming (requested it!) and I'm thinking I'm not really going to update until the review comes. Sorry about that one as well (I use this one a lot too). Really. Thanks to everyone who has kept on reading even as I don't update constantly, and everyone who has commented, upvoted, subscribed, etc. Really. Until next time, folks!