eleven.

One Gamer, One Life

A noisy bell rings out in the apartment, successfully waking up the inhabitants. After serving its purpose, it shuts itself off after a minute or two, and slowly the tired and sleepy beings drag themselves unto the couch.

The first one out is Victoria, who blinks several times before waking up fully. She calls out to Luna and Amber, who already is sitting on their beds and likewise trying to stay awake.

Sulli and Krystal, the two youngest, exchanges 'good-mornings' and yawns simultaneously. Then they support each other towards their second mom, Victoria.

"Vic-unnie, what's for breakfast?" Sulli mumbles with her eyes half-closed.

"Scrambled eggs and bacon," Victoria mumbles back, and shuffles towards the kitchen.

"What time is it?" Luna asks Amber.

Looking at her watch, she answers just as sleepily. "7:15."

For a full minute, nobody registers the answer. Then as one, they open their eyes wide and starts moving.

"7:15? We're going to be late!" Victoria shouts, in full panic mode.

"No worries, umma," Amber yawns. Then blinks. Then she also goes into full panic mode. "And it's the first day of school too!"

"When does school start?" Sulli calls out from the bathroom with soap on her face.

"8:00." Krystal, the only calm one, replies next to her through a mouth full of toothpaste.

Luna has already changed, and joins the two in the bathroom. Victoria is making breakfast while Amber is screaming.

"Luna! We have to wear a skirt?"

Despite themselves, the trio in the bathroom share muffled giggles at the sound of those seven words.

"Yeah, unnie! It's the school uniform."

"Why did nobody tell me?!" Amber rages in reply. A sound of stomping is heard, and then a heavy sigh follows. "What can I do? I can't pretend I'm a boy and wear boy uniform."

"Why not?" Sulli teases. "You'd pass for a boy."

Amber stops. "Yeah. Should I?"

Victoria, who had been listening in while scrambling eggs, yells out, "Oh, don't be ridiculous, Amber. Just change, and you guys come here and eat. I have to change and get ready too!"

"Yes, mom!" everyone, excluding Victoria, choruses.

 

•        


At the boys' room, Key is the first one to wake up at 6:45 to make some food for the rest of the boys. He makes pancakes and then goes to wake up the others with an alarm clock in one hand and a spray bottle in the other.

Within 10 minutes, he is able to wake up each and every member and feed them their food. He flits around doing this and that, like a mother robin with her baby robins.

"Key, you're like a mom," Jonghyun chuckles.

"Don't talk with your mouth full of food," Key snaps as a reply. Which just makes everyone else laugh as well.

"Yes, mom," Minho playfully answers for Jonghyun.

"Key, you should get ready too," Onew says. Naturally with food in his mouth.

"Ugh, not you too, hyung," Key complains. "You guys are so disgusting."

"Um, you mean you're girlish?" Taemin says cheekily. Also while stuffing pancakes into his mouth, of course.

"Okay, I'm just going to ignore you guys and go change. Make sure to clean up and wipe the table and wash your dishes." He walks away shaking his head, and the rest of the group just continues to stuff their mouths and talk at the same time.

At about 7:45, Key is reading the newspaper with Onew, while Taemin is brushing his teeth. Minho and Jonghyun are packing their backpacks because they had been too lazy to do it the night before while Onew and Key did and made Taemin do it as well.

"Who wants to call the girls?" Taemin asks. "We have to meet up, right?"

"I will," Minho volunteers. He takes his phone out and calls his sister, which goes unanswered. Then he tries Krystal, which also goes unanswered. He tries Amber and Luna, with the same result. Finally, he calls Victoria, who thankfully manages to get the phone.

"Noona! It's me, Minho," he says.

"Hi Minho!" Victoria frantically says from the other side of the phone.

"Where should we meet?"

"Front of apartments! In 5 minutes! Okay?"

"Um, sure?"

"See ya there! And the boys! Bye!" She hangs up and leaves Minho blinking at the phone.

"What did she say?" Onew calls out, his eyes still on the paper.

"Front of apartments in five minutes," Minho relays.

"Got it." Key puts away the morning paper for Onew and calls Taemin out to make final adjustments to his uniform (like making sure the collars are right and the pockets are okay).

 

 

•     •     •     •

 

 

In five minutes, the boys are all out in the front waiting while the girls are anxiously waiting for the elevator.

"I hate this school already!" Amber complains, trying to pull down her skirt (as in, make it longer) to her knees to no avail.

"But Amber unnie, you look so pretty." Sulli tries to hide her smile to no avail as well, and Amber glares at her.

"The boys will be so surprised," Luna says. Krystal nods in agreement.

"Stop teasing me!"

"Yeah, girls," Victoria chimes in. Amber sends her a grateful look, until she says, "but she does look pretty cute, doesn't she?"

"Guys!" Amber half-groans, half-whines.

"Don't take it to the heart, Amber."

"Yeah, unnie. Victoria unnie's right."

"You're the worst, Luna. But not as bad as Sulli."

"What did I do wrong?"

 

 

•     •     •     •

 

 

Meanwhile, the boys waiting complains yet again about how girls are always late.

"What do they need to do that we don't?" Jonghyun grumbles.

"Makeup?" Taemin guesses half-heartedly.

"Those girls don't do makeup," Onew butts in with a thinking frown. "And I don't think they're the type to spend all the time in the world for their hair, either."

"Key does his hair and still makes it on time," Minho complains.

"Hey!" The mentioned turns towards the speaker.

"That's true. What could be taking them so long?" Taemin wonders out loud.

"Not you too!" Again, the one accused of doing his hair glares at the young boy.

"What can they do that Key can't?"

"Not too much, hyung," Key retorts to Onew.

"Ugh, maybe the girls are super lazy in general," Jonghyun sulks.

"Excuse me?" A cold voice calls out from behind. Whirling around, they see Krystal glaring at Jonghyun.

"Oh, um, sorry, haha. Didn't see you there." Jonghyun weakly attempts to smooth crumpled feelings, but the glare doesn't subside. "Hi, girls."

"Hi, boys. Now, shall we get going?" Victoria says in a detached way.

They walk in silence, taking side glances at each other; one side with glares, the other timidly.

And then Key notices Amber.

"Amber! You're in a skirt?" he blurts out. Then claps his mouth with his hands.

Amber, who had been forgetting because of the insult of girls, started to pull down her skirt again. Glaring at Key, she retorts, "Yeah, I am. Because it's the school uniform, and I'm a girl."

The other girls and boys start to chuckle at the complaint, and the kind-of tense atmosphere from before is broken.

"Hey, noona," Onew calls out quietly. Which makes everyone alert, but pretend not to hear, except for Key and Amber, who is busy either teasing or defending the fact that Amber is wearing a skirt. "Sorry about the comment Jonghyun made. We were just annoyed you came late. Don't think too much on it; we know it's not true."

"It's okay, we did wrong in the first place. It was just a moment of hurt, that's all." At the apology and the acceptance of it, everyone sighs silent breaths of relief and tunes back in to the Key V.S. Amber show. Which keeps them entertained all the way to school.


So. I'm back after a short time of writer's block. And I saw that I update a bit of a time ago with chapter 12 except it only said couple of words, which bleh. Sorry. I was really surprised I didn't hide it, really. Anyways, here's the way to school and the first day will be revealed in the next chapter, which will be updated in who-knows-when. Is it weird I'm more busy in the summer than the school year? Also, Amber in a skirt! And Key acting mom! How'd you like it? Subscribe, comment, even upvote if you want. Anything of that kind just makes me want to update more. Isn't it kind of sad that my other two fanfics have less comments than this one? And that I'm updating this a lot while the others, sadly, are left alone? It just proves that IUseob isn't as shipped as ShineeEffects. Sadly. IUseob was my first OTP! But that's off subject. Thanks to anyone and everyone who left a comment! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.