fourteen.

One Gamer, One Life

"Are you ready, guys?" Victoria yells.

The answer comes just as enthusiastically. "Yes, we are!"

"I can't hear you," the eldest sing-songs. "Are you ready?!"

"Yes!!"

It's finally the Friday they have all been waiting for-- freedom and fun, here we come! --and they are really, really excited about it. They had been planning for this day since Sunday, and they're ready to shake off all that work done in the past few weeks.

This Friday is the first Friday since they had started school, and with all those extra works, they're triple tired than they would've been back at their old schools. And to relieve themselves of the stress, they had decided to spend the first Fridays of all months with a fun night altogether.

"Come on, Key! Hurry up!" Amber yells.

"Goodness, Amber. Wait for him. Be patient," Victoria says softly. "It's the first Friday Fun night, remember? Let's not ruin it."

"But umma! He's fixing his hair for no good reason!"

"Your mother's right, Amber," Onew playfully scolds. "Listen to her. She is wise."

Looking at the both sides, the scolded girl sighs. "Unfair. Two against one."

"That's why you shouldn't try to hurry someone who is fixing his hair for a very good reason, thank you," Key retorts. He keeps the hair-fixing up just to make Amber mad, until she loses her 'patience,' and blows up.

Shaking her head, Sulli looks on. To Krystal, she says, "Those two will forever be like that, won't they?" Krystal nods silently, watching as Amber chases Key and Key runs away laughing. Their heads go from one side to the other, anime-style, until Amber finally gets ahold of Key and headlocks him. She starts to mess up his hair, which makes Key scream and become desperate.

"Ow! Onew-oppa! Vic-umma! Help!" Key yells.

This time, Onew shakes his head resolutely. "I helped you once already. You used up my HELP card for the day."

"What?" Key chokes for a second on Amber's death grip, then continues. "There're HELP cards?"

"Yup. And we're done. Right, noona?"

Victoria smiles and goes along with it. "Yes, Key. You must use your cards wisely, at times of desperate needs such as this. But sadly, you have foolishly misused it, young man."

"Ha! Whatcha think about that, Key?" Amber triumphantly releases him from her death-lock and smiles on. "You are foolish, you foolish being."

Key just glares at her, too mad to speak and hands re-fixing his hair.

Sighing again, Sulli turns around and finds her brother right behind her. Because she had not noticed this, she ends up bumping against him, and hard. Minho stumbles, grabbing unto Taemin for support. But Taemin hadn't been ready, for he was laughing at Key and Amber, so they fell with surprised shouts.

"Omigosh! Oppa! I'm sorry!" Sulli rushes to their sides, worry etched on her face.

"It's okay, Ssul," Minho says, rubbing his head. "Sorry, Taem."

Taemin stands up, and offers Minho a hand. "I'm fine," he reassures the siblings. "I was just surprised, that's all." He smiles widely at the two, and goes back to watching Key and Amber.

Minho is about to do the same, when he realizes that his sister is in the same position. Curious, he looks at her face.

Sulli had been dazzled by the flash of Taemin's bright smile, and is still having quite an aftershock. She blinks a few times, smiles, and happily turns to find her brother looking at her weirdly. Instantly feeling nervous, she asks grumpily, "What?"

"Nothing," Minho replies slowly. "Just... you have a flint or something in your hair. Here, I'll take it out for you." To cover up his suspicions, he pretends to take something off her head. "You're welcome."

When they both turn around to get some comic relief out of the quarreling two, Minho smiles just as creepily as Jonghyun.

I've always wanted to play matchmaker.

 

•     •         

 

The arcade (which had been decided through long arguments, hair-pulling, promises, and slave contracts. Haha just kidding-- no hair-pulling was involved in the making) is loud and flashy, just like how the boys like it. Sorry, let me correct myself-- the boys, Amber, and Krystal like it.

Krystal loves arcades. PC rooms, arcades, anything game-related is perfect for her. Not only does she enjoy them, she rocks at them. At their local arcade back where she lived, she had set all the high scores and was chased out of the arcade because she was winning too much. So she settled at the PC rooms, in which she was allowed to stay.

Therefore it has been a long time since she had stepped into one of them, and her excitement is shown clearly on her face. Beneath all that hair covering her facee, of course.

"Oh yeah. I bet I can beat all of you here," Jonghyun boasts.

"Really? Even our residential gamer here?" Luna asks. That is when they all see the excitement that, even if half her face is covered, can be seen.

"I change my words. I bet I can beat all of you except Krystal," Jonghyun retaliates.

"Really?" It's Sulli this time. "Even with our other pro gamer?" She tilts her head towards Amber, who looks just as excited as Krystal.

Oblivious to the gang staring at them, Krystal and Amber each starts to involuntarily wander off. As the rest of them watch, Krystal drifts off towards the gunning games, and Amber ends up staring at the dance machines.

Onew signals the two next to him to get them, which is unfortunate for Key and Minho. Key starts to whine about it, but changes his mind and just sighs. He heads towards Amber, knowing Minho would go to Krystal (don't ask me why. Motherly instincts told him to).

"Let's go, Krystal." Minho tugs at her sleeve, and Krystal moves but doesn't take her eyes off of the Rated M gunning game. Sighing, he waves a hand in front of Krystal's face, to no avail. He tries many different methods until he remembers something that might change her mind. "You need those coins to play these machines. We have to get them."

At those convincing words, Krystal snaps out of it and nods. She hurries back to the group, where Amber and Key is missing.

"Where's Amber?" Krystal asks, looking around.

Minho points to the two, where Key, also, is looking dreamily at the dance machines.

Jonghyun notices as well, and laughs. This causes the rest to look that way, and they all laugh.

Shaking his head, Taemin jokingly says, "That's probably going to be the only time we'll see them that close without fighting."


Hi, folks! I'm trying to update ASAP all the time. But because I don't have much time, I can't update my other two. I am having a writer's block for them, so... :( Hopefully I get over it. Anyways, this is part one of the Friday Fun night thing. Most of it was filler-type, but there's two matchmakers here. Yay! Minho ships Taelli, and Jonghyun ships Minstal. Oh boy, this'll be lots of fun. As well as lots of match-making confusions, mix-ups, and failures. Hehe. Anticipate, people, anticipate! By the way, sorry for the short short short update-- my sister needs to do her homework, so I had to split it up into two parts. Aww. But I hope you still enjoyed the slight Keyber and Taelli. I promise there won't be anymore fluffy, useless fillers. Next chapter, okay? And thanks for the comments, guys. Lovely.