fifteen.

One Gamer, One Life

After successfully getting all the money they brought for the arcade into game coins, the group separates into doubles and triples, going where their hearts and minds tell them to go.

Key and Amber, momentarily forgetting their hates for each other, gravitates towards the dance machines as if they were being pulled.

Luna and Onew playfully challenges each other at karaoke, and walks away talking and laughing.

Sulli and Taemin ends up at the air hockey table, while Victoria plays on the nearby claw machine for a Pororo stuffed doll.

Minho, Krystal, and Jonghyun are already seated and playing next to each other-- the two boys playing those fighting avatar games against each other, and Krystal shooting invisible bullets at the screen.

The self-made matchmaker of Minho and Krystal, whom Jonghyun already christened as MinStal (after much consideration), announces after the third game of fighting, and coincidentally his third consecutive losing, announces that he wants to join Key and Amber on DDR. He walks away  with a sly smile from an obliviously concentrating Krystal and a complaining Minho.

Meanwhile, a crowd has formed around the karaoke room, because everyone could hear the two awesome singers singing awesomely. Seeing this, Jonghyun changes directions and joins Luna and Onew.

The singers had not noticed this crowd until Jonghyun arrives and points it out. They decide to sing a three-part song, so all could sing. While Jonghyun is warming up, they sing Beauty and the Beast as a duet.

Another crowd has formed in front of the dancing machaines to watch two competitive enemies fight to win the other. They, too, didn't notice the crowd yet. In the middle of the song, however, Key sees the people watching, and in his surprise, he trips over his own foot and starts to fall.

To his greater surprise, a hand shoots out, seemingly out of nowhere, to grab his sleeve and balance him. He looks towards the arm and sees it's Amber, even though her eyes are on the screen. In his shock, he kind of just stands there, staring at this unexpected rescuer.

"Start moving, you mouse," Amber shouts, with her eyes never leaving the steps. "The crowd's watching, aren't they?" Apparently, Amber had already known.

Snapping back to reality, Key shakes his head ruefully. With a small, almost invisible smile, he glues his eyes back onto the screen and starts to move in synchronization with Amber.

During all this, the newly named MinStal pair has moved onto competing each other as well on getting a high score in a specific game. They take turns playing on the same machine, trying to score the highest. So far, Minho couldn't reach Krystal's lowest score, but he (as the ever competitive person he is) gets higher and higher scores every time he plays.

This scene is probably not what Jonghyun had in mind, but it just might be the best scene possible for the two in an arcade.

Speaking of Jonghyun, he finally finishes warming up as Luna and Onew ends the duet. He finds another mic and they start singing a three-part-duet-style version of Nobody by Wonder Women (A/N: I know it's Wondergirls, but they may or may not come out in this very story, so let's just pretend it's another group, okay?). The crowd cheers louder as they recognize the song, and even louder when Jonghyun winks at the crowd and smiles.

At Victoria, Taemin and Sulli's corner, Victoria wins a Pororo doll at last as Sulli shoots in the final goal needed to win. As she does her special victory dance for the fourth time in a row, Taemin pouts and complains to Victoria. And so Victoria ends up giving Sulli a teddy bear she had won by chance, and Taemin a package of earphones.

On the other side of the arcade, Minho cheers because after multiple tries he finally won over Krystal's second highest score by three points. With his eyes blazing with victory and pride, he looks at Krystal to share his happiness.

Instead of a quiet and slightly concentrated Krystal he expected, he sees an openly laughing one. He blinks a few times and manages to look away before Krystal notices, knowing from experience that staring at Krystal may make her hide back into her shell. Minho grins along, while feeling chills run up his spine from the sight before him. They celebrate his almost-win together by buying each other a can of soda. For once, Krystal does not hide under her hair and talks, smiles, and laughs with him. Minho finds that to not become overdazzled, he must continuously look away every minute to interact with this side of Krystal.

He feels weird inside, like his insides are made of goo and jello, and they keep making him feel wobbly and shivering. Tingles remain wherever Krystal accidentally touches on his arm, and his heart is somehow shivering as well-- moving so fast. A smile does not-- no, can not leave his face for even the smalles second.

This is probably what Jonghyun had wanted when he left the two.

Amber ends up winning that round Key had fallen, but Key wins the next round and so on. The crowd had separated into three fan groups: one in favor of Amber, another for Key, and a joined, I-don't-care-wh-wins group enjoying the synchronizations of the two.

Luna, Onew, and Jonghyun attracts more and more people, and also has groups divided in the watchers, in the same way Key and Amber's was separated. They always got over at least ninety points at the end for whatever they sang, and took turns in singles, doubles, and triples.

Taemin and Sulli joins the Key-and-Amber crowd, still clutching their prizes. Victoria, on the other hand, cheers on for the three in karaoke. Later, all ten of them joins inside the big karaoke room (they moved, since the one where Luna, Onew, and Jonghyun was in was too small) and sings Seoul by Lady's Generation and Super Jammers (A/N: Same reason for above) altogether.

 

•     •         

 

The day after that, nobody wakes up until after eleven. Key wakes up first, at 11:15, and Victoria wakes up in the girls' apartment a few minutes later. They both start to make brunch for the rest of the group, still half-asleep. At about twelve, everyone's up and around, eating and chatting and accidentally sleeping on the couches.

When Taemin checks the mail for all of them downstairs, he finds a letter for the Choi sibling. Still a bit tired, he woozily makes his way into the boys' apartment to give it to an equally sleepy Minho.

Handing the letter to Minho, Taemin yawns. "It's for you, hyung. By a..." The youngest one squints at the hazy words. "Sooyeon Jung."


I'm afraid it's not much of a cliffhanger, and it's like super short, but oh well. I wanted to update more, I promise, but no time, no time, no time! And finally, no more fillers! The start of the start of the plot moving. Yay. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the small MinStal scene, as well as an Amber helping out a Key. KeyBer! Yay! I don't know if you remember who Sooyeon Jung is. Hehe, I know I kind of waited too long to mention her again. But anywho: subscribe, comment, upvote, do as you please-- I'll be thankful whatever you do. All grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes in this chapter (and all the other ones too) is unintentional.