four.

One Gamer, One Life

"Soojung."

"What?!" Jinri whips her head around and stares at her brother who had uttered a name, then goes back to the girl. "So that's Soojung? The Soojung?"

"Yes, Jinri," Minho answers, sounding curious himself. "That's the Soojung."

"I know her!"

"What?!" This time it was Minho who whipped his head around to stare at his sister. "How?"

"Well, I didn't know her name or anything. I actually just see her around, you know, at the PC rooms."

"I see." He paused here, thinking back on the new information Jinri had given him. Then he frowns, because he finds something strange. "Wait. Why, exactly, was my little sister at the PC rooms?"

"Oh, no reason. Just following a few friends," she replies airily. But Minho can see the blush creeping up her face as she talked.

"Really," he says suspiciously. He wants to ask more, being a protective big brother, but decides this is not the time for something small like this. "Well, I'll ask you for details later about which friend. Right now, we have more important matters pressing." With those words, he goes inside and greets his mother casually, causing the two females to look up.

"You came, Minho? And what about Jinri?" Mrs. Choi says cheerfully, wiping her hands on the front of her apron.

"Right here, mom! And who's this?" Jinri pops up behind the door, equally cheerful. She is pretending not to have talked about her before, because she thinks if she suddenly was all like, 'Hey, Soojung, what's up? I saw you at the PC rooms a lot!' then it would be pretty awkward. And she didn't want to risk question from her mom as well.

"This here is the Soojung we all know and care about, guys. And I believe you know my daughter and son?" This last question was directed to Soojung, who is still frozen in shock. She recovers enough to nod slightly.

"Why are you both here so early?" she asks, finally finding her voice.

"The teacher let us out early. No assembly today," Minho answers in monotone, watching her. Then while Mrs. Choi and her daughter is talking, Soojung looks the two siblings over, trying to analyze everything of the sudden situation, completely unaware that Minho is still looking at her through the corners of his eyes as he pretends to listen to the women of the Choi family. While looking around, Soojung catches Minho kind of staring at her, and peers at him (as in where do I know you?)

"Hey, I know you," she says quietly. "You're in my math class." Minho nods once, still trying to figure her expressions out, but he couldn't get anything out of it.

"Jinri, right?" This time, she turns to his little sister. "Didn't I see you before?" Jinri nods at this question excitedly. "At the PC rooms? Always looking at that-"

"Hahaha!" Jinri cuts her off with a nervous laugh, which seems even more suspicious in Minho's eyes. He glances at his mother to see what she thought of that, but fortunately for Jinri, she is going to the ringing phone and is clueless of the small conversation before. Jinri, on the other hand, furiously sends hand signals to the confused Soojung, who finally understands to keep shut about that. They share a small, understanding grin, and pretends nothing had happened.

"Yes, hello? ... Oh, hi, Mrs. Song! So... Uh-huh..." Minho's mother motions the three children to keep talking and goes into her room to talk. "I understand... What? Really? No way..." Her voice trails away and is muffled, until it is completely shut off with a quiet click of the door closing.

"So," Jinri says to break the heavy and awkward silence. "Uh, hi, Soojung!" The three exchanges small, nervous smiles, because it's really awkward now.

"Um, what do you plan on doing, Soojung?" Minho (who does a way better job of making things less awkward than his sister) says.

"I'm not sure. I'm actually looking for a small apartment house for me to live in, and I can move away, drop out of school, and start working at an early age."

"What? No! My mom told me that dropping out of school is terrible, just terrible. How about this," Jinri says thoughtfully. "You can stay at our house for a week or something, and then when we find a way better solution than your plan of doom" (she says 'doom' with a scary-movie-narrator-voice-thing) "that will obviously fail and end up with you crying and falling to your death somehow, looking for your lost love" (Minho rolls his eyes at this part, making a mental note not to show Jinri too much angst love dramas) "then you can get out or something. But until then, no."

Soojung stays silent during this short (but very exaggerated) speech. On the outside, she looks like she's thinking deeply with a slight frown, but actually, she's arguing with herself. It went something like:

 Should I?

No! Are you kidding me? Do you want to bother them more, get them more involved and hurt them?

Well, no, but there's no problem to this-

Yeah right, Soojung! Get a grip. You know you're not weak; why do you want shelter? Your sister didn't get any shelter.

Why are we talking about my sister here? Anyways, it seems reasonable, right? Mom won't think to find me so close...

Then why do you think she searched all the neighborhood houses for you? Of course she thinks you might hide close!

Will you just be quiet? I'm trying to think!

You know what, you are pathetic. You search for the safety and protection from others, and who knows, they are probably hiding secrets of their own! They have your mom's number, so they might call the moment when there seems troubles up ahead.

Now don't go on to that. Come on, I know they're good people. And besides that, if they seem any suspicious, I can just go out the back door and never return!

"Soojung? Soojung, you there?" Soojung blinks and returns back to reality.

"Oh, sorry. Um, I'll tell you later, maybe. Uh, I have to go somewhere right now. I just remembered. Please thank your mom for her hospitality. Goodbye." After those final words said in haste, she walks out the house quickly, trying not to limp or show signs of hurt.

"Okay, then. I wonder what's going on about that," Jinri says.

"I wonder what's going on with you and the PC rooms," Minho answers back offhandedly, but still staring his awesome mega-strong stare with his inhumanely big eyes (or should I say inAsianly? I don't know. I'm no racist, though, just saying).

"Um, I just remembered something too. I was supposed to call my friends. Bye!" She zooms off into her room, closes the door, and locks it. Minho sighs. Why is the world so confusing?


Yo, guys! New chapter, all in one go, so there might be a bunch of mistakes. The present tense things is kind of hard, that's why. If you find any, please tell me (is this allowed in contests too? I'm not sure O.O I'm new to this whole contest thing), so I'll correct them. No big MinStal moment there, sorry, but there's stuff going on, you know? Yeah? No? Okay then. Well, thank you for those who subscribed or commented or whatever. I appreciate your support, really. And I'll try to add in more characters (Already there's a Mrs. Song who showed up. Guess who's mom that is?) along the way faster to finish the whole story faster, 'cause I have a deadline. Anyways, keep on reading (reminds me of Nemo. That character who says "keep on swimming." Who was she? Dori?) and commenting and subscribing and stuff. Thank you and bye.