Chapter 4: Not what it seems

Give your heart a chance

Chapter 4: Not what it seems

_Ouuuuchhhh! That burns! 

Mi Jin opened her eyes slowly, feeling sunlight on her face and wondering where that loud annoying scream came from. For heaven's sake it's saturday morning, don't these people sleep? She murmered under her breath while taking off her blanket and getting out of her room. Without paying attention to her surroundings, she headed straight to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash up. As she was feeling the cold fresh water on her face, her eyes widened and she gasped loudly:

_Lee Joon ssi! I completely forgot about him! she yelled as she quickly rubbed her face with the towel and ran to the kitchen to make breakfast.Stepping in the kitchen she was startled by Lee Joon who was standing in front of the stove, wearing her apron and trying- and well failing miserably- to make some toasts. 

_G... good morning? she said with a confused yet amused tone. She was trying so hard not to laugh at the sight of a pouting Lee Joon with ash all over his pretty face and burning toast in his plate.

_Good Morning Mi Jin ssi. He said, clearly embarrased of his failing attempt to make some decent meal. I.... I'm sorry! I made a huge mess in your kitchen.

_It's Okey, she giggled, not able to hold on to her laugh any longer, don't worry about it. 

_I should at least clean up this mess.

_No need. I'll take care of it later. But since we are both hungry, how about we go out for breakfast? I know an amazing place. She said with a huge inviting grinn on her sweet adorable face.

_I guess we don't have a choice now that I burned almost all of the food, he stated with an adorable chukle. And once again, Mi Jin's heart started doing that embarassing loud sound again making her blush hard. *What the....? why do you keep doing that?* She thought as she slid her hand over her chest, trying to calm her stupid loud heart.

_Alright then, I'll go get dressed. She said, turning around to escape Lee Joon's gaze. See you in 5 minutes Lee Joon ssi! 

                                   __________________________________

The weather outside was amazing, perfect for a stroll and a breakfast- or a brunch seeing that it was already 11:30 -. Mi Jin took a deep breath, enjoying the freh air and letting the sun soak her white milky skin.

_You were right, this place is amazing. Lee Joon said a s he took a sip of his coffee and a bite of his butter toast. The place was a coffe shop facing the beach isolated from the crowd, which made it just the place to relax and enjoy a delicious meal on the beach.

_I know. It's really relaxing.

_Do you come here often?

_Practically every weekend. I have my breakfast or luch here every staurday and sunday. Mainly because I'm too lazy to cook and also to enjoy the view. 

A smile crept on Lee Joon's face as he was watching Mi Jin gazing at the beach. *Yah! you're grinnig like an idiot! wipe that smile off your face before she thinks you're crazy. Why do you keep smiling like that every time you look at her? what an idiot*

_Lee Joon ssi, are you okey? Mi Jin asked, noticing a blank look on Lee Joon's face who was now staring at the ground.

_Nae! I'm fine. Just enjoying the weather. He looked away, trying to hide the pink blush that burned his cheeks. *Nice going Pabo, now she really thinks you're messed up* he thought as he mentally facepalmed himself. 

After they finished eating and chatting about all sort of things, it was time for Lee Joon to go home.

_I should get going Mi Jin ssi. But thank you, for everything. Really I can't be greatful enough.

_Oh please Lee Joon ssi; I didn't do anything. Stop thanking me.

It was really weird for Lee Joon to hear those words, seeing that Mi Jin was probably the nicest person he has ever met after the accident. She was warm and welcoming even know she didn't know much about him and he couldn't help but to feel really grateful and well kind of attracted to her, even though he wasn't about to admitt it any time soon.

_Good Bye Mi Jin ssi. Lee Joon said as he was standing up, getting out his wallet to pay for the meal they shared.

_Where do you think you're going? Mi Jin said widening her eyes and pretending to be shocked.

_Errrr, Home? Lee Joon replied looking confused.

_And how do you plan to get there? walking? It's a saturday Lee Joon ssi, there are barly any taxies around here. and one more thing, put that money back in your wallet, will you? you're my guest and I'm paying.

_But you've done enough already!

_Oh hush up. I'm paying and that's final. Now be a nice boy and go wait in the car, I'm driving you home. A wide grinn spread on her face as she noticed a defeated Lee Joon heading toward the car. *That's my boy* she thought as she paid the ahjumma and thanked her for the delicious meal.

_You really don't have to d....

_Stop arguing will you? She cut him off as she climbed into her seat and started the engine. Now all you have to do is give me directions to your house so we don't get lost. She smiled at him pretending to be cool and keeping a cute look on her face as her heart was trying to get out of her chest. *Every time he smiles, you transform into a butterfly, what's wrong with you stupid heart?* Her thoughts were interrupted as Lee Joon started pointing her towards his house, showing her the way.

_You're the boss, Lee Joon ssi. She grinned at him.

_Do me a favour Mi Jin ssi? he asked, Drop the formalities alright? You can call me Lee Joon. We're friends now, right?

She blinked several times, still processing what she just heard, then she flashed him her brightest cutest smile ever and said:

_We are friends, Lee Joon. I like that. No more formalities. you'll call me Mi Jin. She extanded her hand for him to shake it, making this friendship sealed.

_Let's be great friends Lee Joon-ah Okey? She grinned at him, happy that their relationship advanced so fast and excited to have a handsome friend like him.

_Let's! Mi Jin-ah. He shook her hand and smiled, trying to calm the butterflies that were messing with his stomach.

 

20 minutes later, Mi Jin was pulling into a huge driveway with her eyes and mouth wide open.

_Lee Joon-ah!!!! she exclaimed, This is you house?

_Nae! He chuckled, clearly amused by her expression as she was staring at the house in awe.

_Waaaaaaw! was all she could let out; still admiring the house, or mansion to be honest.

It was a huge mansion, 3 storeys high with a wonderfull fountain in the front separating both sides of the driveway. Several men stood in a line on both sides, wearing the same blue uniform, so she guessed they were guards or something.

_Come On, Mi Jin, get out. Lee Joon tapped her shoulder, breaking her train of thoughts with his laugh.

As they stepped of the car, Lee Joon turned around to where Mi Jin was standing, still to amazed to walk, and grabbed her hand. The touch made her gasp slightly as it was not expected, and she shot her had up looking at him.

_Let's go in, we'll have a coffee together. Lee Joon invited with a bright smile on his face.

_But we just had coffee, Mi Jin stated, but regretting it instantly, as she was sort of eagered to spend more time with Lee Joon.

_So what? Coffee doesn't have time Mi Jin-ah. he chuckled, imitating her tone when they had the hot chocolate last night.

She giggled, realising what he did and pressed his hand that was still holding hers:

_Alright, Coffee it is.

As they were about to go into the house, a tall slim girl with reddish silky hair and beautiful classy pink day dress and black heels showed up, walking as if she was a model on the runway, towards Lee Joon.

_Oppaaaa, the mistery girl squealed, obviously exited to see him, she hugged him instantly brushing his hair with her hands.

_Where have you been Oppa? I was so worried about you. The girl let out with a soft yet seductive tone letting go of Lee Joon.

_I ... I was

_Who's this? she cut him off, throwing a hateful glare towards Mi Jin who was still holding Lee Joon's hand.

_My friend, Lee Joon replied, squeezing Mi Jin's hand and giving her a bright smile.

_Anniyeonghasseyo, Mi Jin imnida, Mi Jins said, bowing slightly without letiing go of Lee Joon's hand.

_Oppa you should come in, your mother is worried about you. We are all worried about you, the girl said, completely ignoring Mi Jin and focusing on Lee Joon instead. 

_Alright I'm coming. Come on Mi Jin-ah, you can meet omma too. He let out with a low and not so excited anymore tone. Mi Jin could tell that there was something wrong, other than the daggers the girl was shooting her, at the mention of his mom, Lee Joon was completely stiff and his face got all hard and stony. 

_It's Okey, maybe we should have this coffee another time.

_Oh come on Mi Jin-aaahhh, he whined a little letting go of his stiff face and pouting cutely instead. You already met my best friend Boram who wasn't nice enough to introduce herself,- He stated and gave a disappointed look at Boram who pretented to laugh,- You should meet omma too.

_No really Lee Joon your family is worried about you. you should spend some time with them, after all we had last night all to ourselves. She said with a grinn, turning to smirk at Boram whose mouth was open wide, not believing what she just heard.

_Yeah, you're probably right. But you will make it up to me, tonight, over dinner. And this time, I'm paying.

Lee Joon's face was bright and excited, he couldn't believe that he just asked this amazing girl out without giving it a seconde thought. They were getting close and he was glad to have an underestanding and cute friend who wouldn't judge him based on his reputation or his depression.

_Deal! Mi Jin exclaimed, letting go of Lee Joon's hand and turning around to leave. Pick me up at 7. you know where I live. She shouted with his back facing him and she was glad to hear him chuckle.

_7 it is. See you then Mi Jin-ah.