Chapter 1: Destiny Has its own plans

Give your heart a chance

Chapter 1: Destiny has its own plans

 

He was standing on the edge of the cliff, gazing at the beautiful sunset and feeling the light breeze brushing his cheeks. His eyes were filled with tears and his heart was sinking deep controlled by the sadness, the lonliness and the grief he was trapped in for the past 3 monthes. His mind was set and his heart longed for freedom, desperate to burst out of the dark gloomy prison he was forced into.

_"We'll meet again my dear, soon. this is where we first met, and this is where we shall meet again." A tear escaped his eyes as he closed them, he took a deep breath, followed by a step forward. His miserable life is about to end, making room for an eternity of happiness with his beloved angel. 

 

She was driving home after a long and exhausting day at the university. She took that road that was as familiar and as boring as ever, but she tolerated it because she knew it's the only place where she can enjoy the breathtaking sunset of Seoul, the city she loved so much. As she got closer, she saw a man standing at the edge of the cliff. She stopped the car and got out, headed slowly toward the man, wondering what he was doing at the edge. But as she got closer, she saw him taking a step forward into the mid-air. He was about to jump.

_Omo!! Ahjussi what are you doing? 

She lept forward, catching his shirt just a fraction of a second before he fell and pulled him back before he even realized what was happening. She nailed him to the groun and set on hil legs, paralyzing his mouvement just in case he tried to run. Her heart was racing because she knew that if she was just a seconde late this handsome young man she was on top of would have been dead. 

_"Are you Okey? She shook his shoulders to make sure he was still conscious.

_Let me go, he screamed, sobbing like a little kid, let me go! I have to go!

His pain got to her, and she felt as if she knew him for a long time even though they have just met. His tears and desperate screams made her heart sink, but she couldn't let him go because if she did, he would commit suicide and for some reason other than the obvious, she couldn't let that happen.

_Please calm down-her voice was soft and soothing and her hands were stroaking his cheeks, wiping his tears and trying to calm him down.- Whatever your reason is , it's not worth loosing your life for.

_She is worth it, get off me, SHE IS WORTH IT! I can't live without her! His tears were streaming down his face like a waterfall, and his raging words were dimmed by the sad expression on his face. 

She kept staring at him, his deep black eyes held a lifetime of sadness and despair in them, the kind that was destructive. Her psychology courses kicked in, opening her a window of knowledge to hepl him out. As a straight A student in Seoul's national University she had enough knowledge of the mental and behaviour functions of the human being that she was certain she could help him.

_Listen to me please, I know it may seem to you that your life is over and that you lost someone so dear and precious to you that you can't possibly live without them, but try to hold on, ask yourself this: would she be happy by your state? wouldn't she want the best for you?

She continued talking in that soothing voice and little by little, he stopped shaking and quit fighting and struggling to get up, instead he just rested his head back on the ground and took a deep breath. 

Moments of silence passed by until she made sure that he was calm. She was watching him, studying his expressions and analyzing his every move. He was starng at the sky, now dark with a full moon and millions of stars scattered around, then his gaze drifted towards her, staring deep into her eyes. she blushed under his stare, remembering that she was still on top of him, so she smiled at him and stood up, reaching her hand forward for him to take it. He stood up with her help and gave her a hardly noticeable smile while he cleaned his clothes from the dirt.

_Come on! Get in. she said while opening the car door for him. He got in without a word, putting his seat belt on and waiting for her to take off.