Chapter 7: How did that happen?

Give your heart a chance

Chapter 7: how did that happen?

 

As Mi Jin stepped out of the car, she was blown away. When Lee Joon said that she was to expect a surprise, he forgot to mention that he was planning on knocking the breath out of her, as she was now about to have the perfect dream date.

They were standing at the harbour facing the calm still water that was covered with lots of different yachts and boats. Not so far away, a yacht was glittering in the dark, covered with hundreds of tiny light bulbs that resembled the stars sparkling in the night sky. Mi Jin gasped as she never, not in a million years, expected to be taken out on a date princess style. *Wait, so this IS a date.* Butterflies started fluttering in her stomach and she felt a hot blush burning her cheeks.

_Tadaaaah! Lee Joon sang while opening his hands in the air like an over exited child. What do you think?

_I....I don't K...now what to say, she stutterd.

_You don't like it? he asked in a low sad voice, lowering his head and staring ate the floor. You think it's too much.

_NO! OMG are you kidding of course not, she yelled in an attempt to clear out this missunderstanding, I love it! It's perfect.

Lee Joon's face lit up and the beautiful bright smile returned to his face as he led Mi Jin towards the yacht. He was obviously in a better mood than last night, he was happy and exited, meanwhile, Mi Jin was about to faint.

On the deck of the yacht, a big table was placed right in the middle. On it was a silky red table clothing covered with shiny silverwear, candlesticks in the middle and plates filled with all kind of food. It was impressive, the amount of work and time put to prepare this date, because it was all so delicate and so beautiful. 

_Come on, let's sit. Lee Joon said as he pulled Mi Jin towards her chair and pulled it out for her gentelman style.

_Thank you, she gave him her best smile, trying not to blow everything up by being nervous and clumsy. This is........amazing.

_I'm glad you liked it.

_I do, a lot. It must've been really tiring to prepare all of this.

_I had some help, he wincked at her, making her blush even harder. You're cute when you blush, he chuckled.

_Well, you're cuteness overload is not helping my case at all. she giggled as well when he blushed this time.

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time went by and the date was going smoothly and swiftly, as both Mi Jin and Lee Joon were enjoying each other's company and were pleased to be out in the sea having the time of their lives. They talked about everything, their pasts, their plans, their likes and dislikes, their favourite music, movies,books and even colors. The conversation was going without any trouble to keep it up and it felt really great for both of them to find someone who understand their weird habits and odd likings. 

_Mi Jin_ah, didn't you mention that you grew up in Busan and only moved to Seoul 3 years ago to go to college?

_Nae, I did, waeyo?

_Because back at the house when you introduced Chaeryn ssi you said that she was your best friend since childhood. So I was wondering how?

_Oh, well we both were born and raised in Busan where we became best friends. When we turned 16, Chaeryn's family decided to move to Seoul, but we kept in contact and never lost touch, and when I turned 18 I joined her in Seoul and now we go to the same university and we're as inseparable as ever.

_Oh, I see. It must be great to have someone you feel so close too. Lee Joon's smile never left his face the entire time Mi Jin was talking and he didn't know why he felt so happy to hear her voice, even though they've been together for almost 2 hours now.

_It is! But you have Boram, right? I mean you looked pretty close this morning.

_I guess. We used to be at least. When we were younger we were inseparable. We did everything together, and Boram was a sweet little kid, so innocent and so cute.

_Innocent? Mi Jin scoffed, it's really hard to picture Boram as the innocent sweet girl. No offence Lee Joon-ah!

_I know. As time went by, she started changing, and not in a good way. She became so.... conceited. I don't know she is not herself anymore. Lee Joon lowered his gaze to the ground for a bit,thinking, but quickly he snapped out of it, remebering the real purpose of this dinner.

_How was the food? he beamed at Mi Jin

_Wonderful. Every single bite.

_I'm glad you liked it. Now come with me.

_Where are we going? Mi Jin asked while she was being dragged to the captain's cabnet on the yacht.

_We're going for a ride, or a swim, or whatever they call cuising the sea with a yacht! Lee Joon laughed at his own incoherent sentence as he made preparations to stroll in the middle of the sea.

_You know how to drive this thing? Mi Jin asked sceptically

_Of course I do, why else would I bring you here for? Lee Joon looked amused by Mi Jin's questionning looks.

_I don't know, to make a good impression?

_I think we passed the impression level a long time ago, didn't we Mi Jin-ah?

_Yeah I guess we did, Mi Jin answered as a loud laughter escaped . Now please try not to drawn us okey?

_Hhhhhhhhhhh! You really need to learn to trust me Mi Jin-ah! 

_I do trust you, I just don't trust your yacht.

Their sound of laughters could be heard from far away, even though they were deep in the black sea. It was clear to themselves and to a third party observer like myself, that they were having the best time of their lives. And why wouldn't they? The set was romantic for anyone's liking and the beautiful summer night just made the scene a lot more inviting.

Mi Jin-ah? Lee Joon started after a little while of comfortable silence and star gazing.

_Hmmmm, Mi Jin let out.

_I have to tell you something, Lee Joon said a s he let go of the wheel and turned to face Mi Jin.

_Do you have to let go of that thing though? can't talk and drive at the same time? She said with a light nervous chuckle.

_Relax pabo, -he said,ruffeling her hair,- you won't drawn, not on my watch.

Mi Jin pouted slightly, then deciding to trust Lee Joon's judgment she smiled and said:

_Shoot.

_Nae?

_You have something to say right? go ahead, I'm all ears Lee Joon-ah.

_Ah, nae. Lee Joon cleared his throat, sitting up in front of Mi Jin. He was getting nervous because what he was about to say could change his life forever.

_I know we only met last night, -he started again after clearing his throat several times.- and our first encounter wasn't very pleasant. I've thanked you a lot for the past 2 days but I don't think I've shown you how grateful I really am. Also I really would like you to know that your sudden appearance in my once miserable life changed everything. You make me happy, you make me laugh from the heart and you get me. I know you're probably thinking that i'm not making any sense, I mean yesterday I was about to kill myself and now I'm here trying to confess to you that I really like you. You must think that i'm some kind of a player, letting go and forgeting about my lost love in a second and.....

_It's been 3 monthes Lee Joon-ah, you're not letting go too fast.And I don't see you as a player. She let out, cutting him of. Lee Joon's nervous expression softened and he took a deep breath to continue:

_I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really like you Park Mi Jin, a lot more than I ever expected. 

Mi Jin's eyes widened and her heart started beating so fast and so loud that she wanted to rip it off and dump it in the middle of the sea. * OH.MY.GOD* what did he just say? yah! Mi Jin-ah did you hear that right? are you dreaming? wait, he has something else to say!

please!

Just

SAY it!

My heart can't take it anymore!

Say it already!

_Mi Jin-ah, will you be my girlfriend?