Chapter 3: a beautiful night

Give your heart a chance

Chapter3: a beautiful night 

Mi Jin kept tossing and turning around in her bed, unable to sleep. * Yah Mi Jin-ah! what's wrong with you? * She thought as she tilted her head a little to look at the alarm clock on her nightstand. It was 02:16 in the morning and she still didn't get any rest.

_Well, she said as she tossed her blanket away to stood up straight, I should get up and do something useful. I'm not going to get any sleep now anyways. Thank GOD tomorrow is a Saturday!

She opened her door ever so slowly, careful not to wake Lee Joon who was sleeping next door in the guest's bedroom, or so she thought. She made her way to the kitchen through the living room to make some hot chocolate, but as she was dragging her feet on the floor, feeling too lazy to walk properly, she caught a glimpse of a tall figure standing in the -now open- balcony. She tiptoed her way towards him *Let's see if I can startle him* she thought as a smirk curved up her lips. She stood right behind him, careful not to make a wrong move and made sure he was completely oblivious to her plan. She knew that what she was up to was childish not to mention idiotic in a way considering that she just met the guy but she couldn't resist. Taking a deep breath and wishing for a total shock success, she said in the creepiest tone she could pull off:

_Couldn't sleep either huh?

But to her disappointment Lee Joon turned around slowly, smiled at her and said with a low yet settled voice:

_Not really! I have a lot on my mind. I could use the fraish air.

She stared at him for a long time * he didn't even flinsh! WOW! For a guy who's been through so much, he sure knows how to keep himself together*

_Mi Jin ssi! Are you alright?? Lee joon asked while waving his hand in front of her face. She blinked a few times, not sure what just happened:

_Nae? Ah yeah! I'm good. -She said with a stupid grin on her face-. Well, since we both can't sleep, how about I make us something to drink while we enjoy this beautiful night?

_I don't want to be a burd..

_You're not. -She cut him off, knowing what he was about to say.- Pull a chair and get comfortable Lee Joon ssi, I'll be right back.

She turned around and headed for the kitchen, not giving him a chance to reply, and started making her delicious Hot chocolate with tiny pieces of marshmallow and chocolate chips on top. She slid open a cupboard above the sink to get a round plate which she filled with her favourite cookies. She was a er for sweets but she didn't mind since her body was model-like. She took the tray back to the balcony and set it on the table, noticing a blank look on Lee Joon's face as he was staring into space.

_Here we are! I hope you're not on a diet or something! She chuckled as she handed him a mug full of hot chocolate. He smiled at her, bowed his head a little and wishpered a Thank you. When he felt the heat of the mug and glanced at it, he looked up at Mi Jin and said:

_Hot chocolate?

_Emmm. She let out, not bothered to turn around and meet his gaze, and took a sip of her drink.

_On a hot summer night? he continued, still wondering.

_So? chocolate doesn't have a season Lee Joon ssi! but if you want, I can grab you some cold juice or some Ice cream.

_No, It's okey, he kept staring at her as a smile crept on his face. *This girl -he thought- is..... One of a kind. I mean who would let a starnger into their house and act so nice and warm? Especially knowing that he was probably crazy! For the love of God I was about to kill myself! Is she really that Perfect??

Out of the corner of her eyes, Mi Jin could tell that Lee Joon was looking-more like staring- at her.

_Lee Joon ssi, you're drooling. She stated with an adorable chuckle. She was still staring at the sky and drinking her chocolate but she could tell that this handsome-not-so-starnger-anymore- was focused on her.

_I..... I'm sorry, Lee Joon said, blushing hard.

_It's Okey, she giggled. I'm weird, I knew that for a very long time. I don't really mind it though.

_You're not weird, you're just......- he trailed off, thinking for the appropriate word to use without sounding creepy or cheesy...- Unique.

She turned around to face him as his words took her off guard. Thank you, She wishpered wondering if he really meant what he say or if he was just being nice.

After that, silence took over. It wasn't awkward though, it was comfortable, as if they were both glad to be sharing this wonderful moment with one another, not bothering to fill it with useless chatters. Moments flew by, and they were still sitting there staring at the thin air, but every once in a while, Lee Joon would steal a quick glance at Mi Jin, only to find her smiling every single time. *What's so funny?* he thought to himself while staring at her.

_Mi Jin ssi? He exclaimed, building up the courage to ask her.

_Nae? She said without facing him, still gazing at the dark sky.

_Why are you smiling? he asked while rubbing the back of his neck with his hand as if he was embarassed to ask.

_Nothing, I'm just enjoying the view. It's so....... breathtaking.

_Aaahhh! he muttered, still staring at her, she knew he was clueless, so she decided to explain.

_It's a full moon tonight. Beautiful silver light shining all over and millions of tiny stars glittering in the sky. Doesn't get any better than this. I'm a total er for the full moon. I know some people would find that stupid, getting all excited about a rock in outer space, but to me, the moon is so much more than meets the eye. It's hope, faith and trust. Because even if it goes away or disappear from my sight, I know that it's bound to come back. It never lets me down, it's always there for me, listening to my constant nagging and endless complaints, sharing my happiness and my tears without complaining and most importantly without giving up on me. She stopped talking, wondering why she was blabbering about her issues to this guy. She turned around to find him looking at her, with an unexplainable look on his face.

_I'm sorry, you don't need to hear this, -She felt stupid for going on and on about the moon when this guy was having real issues to handle.- I bet you're bored.

_Not at all, -his face softened and he flashed her an amazing smile, just like the one he gave her at dinner.- I know what you mean.

Seeing him smile so warmheartedly at her, her heart started fluttering and she could swear it was beating loud enough for the whole neighbourhood to hear. She shot up staright, feeling all confused and dumbfounded, she looked at Lee Joon with a bright red face and said:

_I'm tired. I think I should go to sleep now. Good night. She turned around and headed back to her room hearing Lee Joon shouting her a confused Good Night. *What the hell was that for? *she murmered under her breath while she pulled her blanket all the way to her head. *Yah! Mi Jin-ah! why did you do that? he must think you're a total weirdo! Nice going Pabo!* She shut her eyes tight in frustration, praying for sleep to take her away.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys!!! Sorry for the late update :/ school has been chaotic. But I'll promise you, this boring story is going somewhere good. So please Subscribe Upvote and make my day with you lovely comments. :D