Awkward Position

My Everything

Ally's POV

"This is Ally... and her daughter. They'll be staying with us." I thought over what he said.

Her daughter?

Really, Himchan, really? Not our daughter, but her daughter? And then he tells me she's his fiancé. That's when I knew why he said what he said.

How could I be upset? How could I actually expect him to wait for me all these years? Hell! I’m the one who’s married! So it would be completely ridiculous if he waited. Right? So why does it hurt? Every time she touches him and every time she refers to him as "babe," or "Himmy," it makes my bones ache. But I did the best I could by pretending not to notice and by keeping my mouth shut.

"Ally?" Himchan waved a hand in my face, snapping me out of whatever trance I put myself in.

"Y-Yeah." My voice cracked.

He sat beside me and took my hand. "When Bailey called me and then the phone cut off, I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose the both of you when I just got you."

I squeezed his hand. "I was so terrified, he has never looked so pissed. I'm just glad you came so fast." I let go of his hands.

"You said that you loved me too." He looked down.

"I must've misspoke. I didn't realize you were with someone else." I know I wasn't being fair but I said it anyways. "I'm tired, good night."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her. I didn't know the right time." He looked me in the eyes.

"How long have you been together?" I asked.

His hesitation was answer enough.

"You've been seeing her this whole time? While you've been telling me stuff like you'd never leave my side?" I stood up. I tried to stay quiet because Bailey was just a few feet away, sleeping in the bed of blankets that she made for herself.

"No, the realationship wasn't serious when I said those things, I swear." He stood up too.

"You guys are engaged!" I accidentally yelled but Bay didn't wake up, that girl could sleep through an earthquake. "That is as serious as relationships come."

"That was a couple weeks ago. It didn't even feel right when I proposed because all I could think about was you." He admitted.

"Himchan," I sighed. "We'll be gone as soon as I find a place close to Bay's school. I would hate to get in between you and Nahyun."

"Fine, just don't take it out on me by keeping Bay away after you find a place." He begged. Whether he realized it or not that felt like a spit in the face.

"Do you really think that low of me? You must think I'm one selfish for what I did. I said I'm sorry. I just wish there was a way to make it up to you." I moved past him to get more blankets and a pillow.

"Ally." He called out but I ignored him. "Ally, please." He walked up to me and grabbed my hand a little too quickly.

"Don't touch me!" I freaked out.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He let go.

The fear was too real. I knew Himchan wouldn't hurt me but after today I couldn't count on what I thought I knew.

"Just go." I laid out the blankets. "I'm going to sleep and you should too. It's been a really long day."

He didn't move an inch. "No. I'll stay out here with the two of you." He reached for another pillow.

"What about your fiancé?" I crossed my arms.

"We're not doing anything wrong. I'm just keeping you two company." He came up with an excuse.

"Whatever, just stay at least two feet away from me. I wouldn't want your fiancé to get the wrong idea." I laid down and got comfortable.  "And I would just hate to be the reason why you two lovebirds break up."

He laid down beside me. "That is 10 inches at best. You clearly don't know what two feet is."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He got closer.

"Whatever." I brushed his silliness off. "Go to sleep."

"Fine, but try not to fart. I don't want to die in my sleep." He chuckled.

I roughly nudged him and tried not to laugh. "I don't fart when I sleep."

"How do you know?" He asked.

"You would have told me the morning after we spent the night in the mall."

"Well I guess I was too mesmerized by your beauty and the trail of drool on the side of your face." I felt him move closer.

I turned over to face him. And the first thing that I saw were those strangulation marks around his neck, his pale skin made the marks look absolutely terrible.

"Does it hurt still?" I pointed at my strangulation marks to give him an idea of what I was talking about.

He touched his hand to it and felt it. "No, but it's sensitive."

"Same." I touched my own.

"I was hoping we could get couple shirts, not bruises." He smiled. And I wanted to smile too, but my stupid brain had to go off and remind me that he was engaged to someone else.

I turned away. "This isn't a Korean drama."

~~~

When I woke up the first person I saw was Bailey, she managed to worm her way under my covers. The second thing I saw was Himchan's arm across my waist and I could feel the warmth of his breath on the back of my neck and his lower half close to my . We were in the spooning position.

"Himchan." I whispered so I wouldn't wake Bay.

Suddenly her head popped up with her eyes wide open and my phone in her hand. "Hi, mommy."

I gave her a look. "How long have you been awake?"

"Since 6. I had a really bad dream and couldn't go back to sleep." She sighed. "It was about daddy."

And as if the word "daddy" was his cue, Himchan finally woke up. "Morning."

"Hi!" Bay was back to her usual bubbliness.

He smiled. "Hi. How did you get here?"

"I don't know." She giggled and buried her head under the blankets.

"She had a really bad nightmare about Seunghyun." I whispered to him.

Releasing a deep sigh. "I can't help but feel like I failed you both. I don't think I'll ever feel at rest. That's why I want you two stay with me permanently."

I was taken aback. Surely he had experienced sudden amnesia or was just plain insane. He couldn't have possibly forgotten the mere fact that he had a freaking fiancé. But before I could strongly object to his crazy request, Bay popped out from under the covers and hopped on top of the both of us like a rabbit.

"Can we? Can we?" She bounced around like we were her own personal trampoline. "Can we stay with Himchan?"

"Uh." I looked at him with a tight lipped smile. "I don't know. Can we?" I coaxed my head to the side and made subtle hints of a hell to the no.

He paused and looked back and forth at the both of us, I could see the amusement on his face. "Of course!"

Of course. Of freaking course! He just had to say we could stay when I specifically said we wouldn't stay for long. This condo wasn't big enough for Yongguk, Himchan, his fiancé, daughter and the mother of his child.

"Really?" Bay started jumping around causing him to laugh.

Out of nowhere, I heard a throat being cleared. "What's going on?"

It was Nahyun, she had a smile on her face but I knew it was forced.

"We're staying with Himchan forever!" Bay boasted.

I could see her eyes slowly move away from Bay over to me and then Himchan. And it only took me a second to recognized the awkward position we were in. It was clear that he spent the night out here... with me.

I quickly got up and grabbed Bay's hand. "Come on, let's go brush our teeth." I went to the bathroom.

As soon as I closed the door, I could hear their raised voices.

This was exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Did I just up their relationship?