Behind the Counter

My Everything

Himchan's POV

Getting myself hurt like this was hard enough, but watching the guys from behind the scenes and not being able to join them was down right painful. How could I let this happen? I'm letting all my members down, the Babyz... myself.

The guys were rehearsing for their Music Bank performance, and I was just there. Doing nothing as usual. I couldn't watch any longer, all I was doing was fidgeting and pacing back and forth. I had to distract myself. And since the guys were gonna be here for awhile, I needed something that would distract me just as long. Shopping! I needed new pants anyways, our stylist, Chocolate, obviously has no idea what she's doing seeing how my pants have been getting tighter and tighter. And Young Jae could use another designer belt for his collection, he'd be upset if I didn't get him anything.

I put on my best aeygo and went up to Manager Kang. After several minutes of debate he finally agreed to let me go. I quickly grab a knit cap and one of the staff's oversized jackets, to conceal my identity as best as possible. I slip my right arm in the jacket, then carefully place the other side over my shoulder and zip up the jacket as far as my injury permitted me.

At the mall, I head straight to my favorite clothing store, wasting no time. Keeping my head down so I wouldn't be recognized.

Although girls screaming ~Oppa!~ would give me a major confidence boost, I also knew that manager hyung would never let me do anything by myself ever again. So I kept walking.

Going into the store, I immediately saw a beautiful girl standing behind the counter assistanting a customer. I made my way around the store to catch a better glimpse of her. She was furrowing her eyebrows and tucking some of her soft black curls behind her ear, obviously having trouble understanding the older woman. I couldn't rip my eyes away from her, she was absolutely stunning. Even standing behind the counter I could still see some of her curves; she was like no other girl I'd seen before, except for on TV.

I was so focused on how cute her confused expression looked that I ran smack dab into a hat rack. Toppling the whole thing over, mentally cursing myself I felt eyes burning at the back of my head as I looked down at the mess I just made. I slowly turned my head and looking me right in the eyes was the girl behind the counter.

 

Ally's POV

Today's been such a slow day, all I've been doing is rearranging the merch and texting Em. I'd go hang out with her over in the makeup department but I couldn't leave my post since Kim was out sick.

Just when I was about to give up and leave. A customer came in finally. She seemed to be in her late 50's, so I assumed she came into the store to buy something for someone. But the moment she opened I got completely lost, she was talking so fast I couldn't catch a single thing. "Can you speak slower, please?" I asked in the basic Korean I've learned so far.

Even when she slowed down I still could barely understand a thing. Trying my best to understand her I noticed someone at the corner of my eye. He was wearing a hat and a really big jacket, even with the little glimpse I got of him I could tell that he was really cute.

Next thing I knew, I heard a loud crash coming from the same direction I saw that cute guy go in.

He turned his head towards me, and we just looked at one another. That's when I felt a shockwave go through my body. Shocked by what I was feeling I quickly broke my gaze away from him.

"U-uh s-sorry," the cute boy said in pretty good English. He awkwardly stood there for a couple seconds, then bent down to pick up the rack and scattered hats. That's when I noticed his hurt arm peaking from his partially zipped jacket. I quickly made my way around the counter to help him out. "No, it's okay. Let me do that." I said setting the rack back in place.

"Is there anything I-I could do?" he asked..

As he took his cap off I looked at him, taking in his looks. He had red hair and below his perfectly cut bangs laid the most intense set of eyes I'd ever seen, and even further below them were his lips

They were pink and looked kissably soft.

I fought the urge to bite my bottom lip. Being so close to him made me feel weird, a good weird.

 

Himchan's POV

I didn't know whether I should speak English or Korean. My English wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't a hundred percent confident about it either. But I gave it another go, desperately hoping I wouldn't mess up and look dumb. "Is there anything I-I could do?" I asked, taking off my cap and looking her in her beautiful big brown eyes.

Finally getting to see the girl from behind the counter up close, I took note of how smooth and soft her skin looked. My heart began to race, I could feel the palms of my hands get sweaty. Never has a girl ever had this kind of affect on me.

The older woman, whom I completely forgot was still in the room, cleared snapping me back into reality.

"Actually..." the beautiful girl said looking back at the older women, who was impatiently tapping her foot, "Can you translate what she's saying? Please?" She put her hands together and brought them up to chin, making a the cutest pout ever.

Damn. How could I say no to that?