Chapter 8

Coffee Shop

Without realizing it both males had drifted back to sleep. About an hour later Yonghwa was the first one to wake up, a smile adorned his face when he saw the younger still snoring away. He was just going to stay there holding Jonghyun until he would wake up but it seemed that Yonghwa’s stomach had another idea as it growled in hunger.

He nudged younger slightly “Jonghyun?”

Yonghwa huffed as Jonghyun kept on sleeping “Yah, Jonghyun wake up, I’m hungry and you promised you’d make me breakfast.”

Still Jonghyun kept on sleeping without a care to the world, so Yonghwa resorted to his last idea which was to tickle Jonghyun awake.

Almost immediately Jonghyun’s eyes snapped opened as he began to squirm away from Yonghwa’s fingers “What the hell!?”

Yonghwa gave him a toothy smile “I’m hungry and you weren’t getting up.”

Still somewhat half asleep Jonghyun opened his mouth without thinking “You could have just gave me a kiss instead.”

Yonghwa’s smile grew “A kiss?”

As soon as Jonghyun registered what he had just said, he hid his face in Yonghwa’s chest, too embarrassed to even look at the older man.

“Hey there’s nothing to be shy about.” Yonghwa said while laughing at how cute Jonghyun was acting.

“Shut up.”

They both laid there for a few minutes until Yonghwa’s hunger was made itself known again. “Can we please go eat something now, I am starving.”

Jonghyun groaned as Yonghwa stood up “I’m cold.”

Yonghwa chuckled as he helped Jonghyun up “Come on, I can’t wait to see what you make me.”

Jonghyun let out a nervous giggle “Can we just eat out instead?”

“No, you promised you’d make me breakfast.” Yonghwa said while pouting.

Jonghyun opened and closed his mouth a few times before just letting out a sigh and walking towards the front door “Fine, but don’t say that I didn’t warn you.”

Now in Jonghyun’s apartment Jonghyun instructed Yonghwa to sit in the living room and not dare move from here or else Jonghyun wasn’t going to make him breakfast anymore. This just made Yonghwa even more curious on what Jonghyun was planning on making for him.

Finally Jonghyun called Yonghwa to the dining table, as Yonghwa made his way Jonghyun started to play with his fingers in nervousness. As Yonghwa sat down Jonghyun put his breakfast on the table “I told you that I can’t cook so don’t complain.”

Yonghwa just stared into his bowl of cereal “That’s it?”

Jonghyun bit his lip in embarrassment “I said don’t complain!”

Yonghwa smiled “I’m not complaining, I was just asking a question.”

Jonghyun scoffed “This is what you get for making me into the kitchen.”

Yonghwa stood up and enveloped Jonghyun in a warm embrace “This is more than enough with just the fact that you made it for me.”

Jonghyun blushed a deep red and pushed Yonghwa away “Just eat please.”

Yonghwa smiled and nodded. A few minutes passed in silence until Yonghwa noticed that Jonghyun wasn’t eating anything. “Jonghyun?”

“Hmm?”

“You didn’t poison the cereal did you?”

Jonghyun gave him a glare “No, why do you ask?”

“Then why aren’t you eating?”

“Oh…” Jonghyun gave him a sheepish look, “I think I have an upset stomach from the pizza I ate last night.”

“See this is why I told you to slow down.”

“You don’t have to scold me, I already feel sick enough.” Jonghyun said with a pout.

“How about I make you some soup?”

Jonghyun thought about it before shaking his head “I don’t really feel like eating anything anytime soon.”

“I’m still making it.” Yonghwa said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Jonghyun groaned as he remembered he had a shift “I forgot I have to work today,” he made a face of disgust “I don’t know how I am going to stand the smell of coffee.”

“Call in sick.”

Jonghyun shook his head “I can’t leave Minhyuk alone.”

“I’m sure he won’t mind.” Jonghyun still seemed unsure Yonghwa added “You want me to call him?”

“No!”

Yonghwa blinked in surprise at Jonghyun’s outburst. Jonghyun quickly apologized for it “Sorry, it’s just that he already thinks we slept together,” Both men flushed at this, “I just don’t want him to have any more leverage which to torture me at work with.”

“Yonghwa gave him an understanding smile “So what are you going to do then?”

Yonghwa saw that he was torn between not leaving Minhyuk alone at work or staying at home, so he decided to give him a little nudge “At what time do you need to go in?”

Jonghyun glanced at his watch “I have another hour.”

“Great, I’ll make you some soup then.”

Jonghyun pouted “But I said I wasn’t hungry.”

“Fine then how about we watch some tv and see if your stomach gets better.” Yonghwa suggested.

Jonghyun eagerly agreed.

                                                                                40 Minutes Later

“You should start getting ready if you don’t want to be late.”

Jonghyun pouted at the thought of not spending the day with Yonghwa “I don’t want to go.”

Yonghwa laughed “I’m telling you to call in sick.”

“But Minhyuk….”

Yonghwa stayed quiet for a few seconds until an idea came to him “Why don’t you convince Minhyuk to get Jungshin to help.”

“But isn’t Jungshin working right now?”

“Nah, it’s his day off.”   

Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows in confusion “Then why would he go work for me on his day off?”

“Trust me he will, anything to spend some more time with Minhyuk he would do.”

Jonghyun bit his lip “I still don’t know.”

“Well if you don’t want Jungshin to help you out, I don’t mind helping Minhyuk out for a bit.”

“No!” Jonghyun blushed “I mean I think Minhyuk would rather have Jungshin there… and you here with me.”

Yonghwa felt his heart skip a beat at Jonghyun’s words “Well then you better call Minhyuk before it gets too late.”

Jonghyun quickly dialed Minhyuk.

“Hello?”

Minhyuk.”

“What’s up hyung?”

“I have a favor to ask you.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I don’t think I can make it in to work today.”

“But hyung, why?”

Jonghyun could almost hear the pout Minhyuk most likely had “I’m sorry Minhyuk, but I don’t feel well enough today. I think I over ate yesterday.”

Minhyuk snorted “Yeah sounds like you.”

“Yah!”

“But hyung are you really gonna leave me by myself?”

Jonghyun smiled “Of course not. What kind of hyung do you think I am? I was thinking that you can ask Jungshin to help you out.”

“For reals hyung?”

“Yeah, unless you don’t want too.”

“No I want too, so I’m going to call him right now.”

“Minhyuk wait! Hello? Hello?” Jonghyun frowned at the phone “He hung up on me.”

Yonghwa laughed “Well atleast now you don’t have to worry about work.”

Jonghyun nodded before pouting “Yeah but my stomach is still bothering me.”

Yonghwa gave him a small smile “You want that soup now so you can take some medicine for it?”

Jonghyun made a face at Yonghwa mentioning medicine “I’ll take the soup.”

“Great, it’ll be done in a few minutes.”

Once Yonghwa was done with Jonghyun’s soup he came back to the living room only to find Jonghyun fast asleep on the couch. Yonghwa let out a sigh “And he is back asleep.”

He contemplated at going back to his apartment and continuing unpacking or stay here for when Jonghuyn woke up. Yonghwa bit his lip, he really needed to finish unpacking. He gave Jonghyun a quick kiss on his forehead and made his way to the door. Hopefully he would make it back before Jonghyun would wake up.

Just as he was putting his shoes on JOnghyun’s voice was heard. “Where are you going?”

Yonghwa jumped at hearing Jonghuyn “You scared me, I thought you were asleep.”

Jonghyun pouted “Where are you going?”

“I was just going to unpack my stuff for awhile.”

“You’re leaving me while I’m sick?”

Yonghwa smiled “Well I thought you were asleep and wouldn’t notice.”

“I promise that I won’t fall asleep again…” Jonghyun pulled Yonghwa back into the living room “How about we watch a movie?”

“How about you eat something first?”

Jonghyun huffed “Fine but only if we can watch a movie while I eat.”

“Alright.”

Soon both men were sitting down watching the movie Jonghyun had picked. Jonghyun ate his bowl of soup very very slowly, wanting to prolong it until Yonghwa forgot about giving him medicine for his stomach.

As soon as the ending credits started to roll Yonghwa stretched out on the couch letting out a little yawn “You’re still eating?”

Jonghyun grinned at him “Yeah, don’t want my stomach to hurt even more.”

“Maybe you should take some more medici-”

“Oh! I just remembered that I have the sequel to this movie.”

Yonghwa frowned at being interrupted “Jonghyun.”

Said man ignored Yonghwa “Come on I want to watch it.”

Before Yonghwa could answer Jonghyun ran to his DVD collection to search for the movie. Yonghwa let out a sigh, he had an idea on why Jonghyun was taking forever to eat and why he wanted to watch another movie.

After the third movie that day Yonghwa had knocked out to Jonghyun’s delight now that he didn’t have to avoid Yonghwa’s questioning eyes.

Soon though Jonghyun found himself bored and with nothing to do since Yonghwa was asleep, he pouted. He sat on the couch looking around trying to find something to do when his eyes settled on Yonghwa’s sleeping face.

A smile spread on Jonghyun’s face at seeing how peaceful Yonghwa looked when asleep, he scooted closer to the blonde man. Jonghyun was still somewhat amazed on how he managed to catch someone as beautiful as Yonghwa’s eye. He lightly traced Yonghwa’s jaw and lips with his fingertips, trying to memorize the sleeping mans face for another time. Jonghyun sat there for another few minutes before he heard Yonghwa’s stomach growl in hunger.

Jonghyun giggled Yonghwa was still fast asleep, he pursed his lips in thought “Maybe I should try and cooks something….” Jonghyun frowned, he hated cooking but last time with Yonghwa he enjoyed it somewhat. He didn’t think he could do it without Yonghwa’s help but it also seemed that Yonghwa liked someone that could cook for him. Jonghyun bit his lip in worry “what if he finds someone who can actually cook?”

Jonghuyn shook his head “Maybe some eggs won’t be so hard….”

He quietly sneaked into the kitchen not wanting Yonghwa to wake up “How hard can this be?”

And hard it was.

Yonghwa woke up with a start almost falling off the couch as he heard and alarm ringing throughout the apartment “What’s going on?”

He heard a panicked “Nothing!” coming from the kitchen. Yonghwa quickly hurried over to see if Jonghyun was ok only to see said man trying to flip a very burn egg. “What are you doing?”

Jonghyun blushed as he tried to stutter out an answer “I was I was just… don’t look at me like that!”

Yonghwa laughed “You are too cute.”

Jonghyun pouted “I quit, you cook from now on.”

“Aww come on, you’re not that bad…” Yonghwa eyed the burt eggs on the pan “Maybe we can cook together now, I’ll try to teach you how.”

Jonghyun gave him a small smile “I’d like that.”

Before Yonghwa could say something else something caught his eye on the table, Jonghyun noticed this with a squeak as he ran to the table and gave a nervous giggle.

“I knew I forgot something.”

 “No you didn’t.”

Yonghwa gave him a look “you don’t like medicine do you?”

Jonghyun pouted “No, it taste disgusting.”

“But it’ll make you feel better.”

“Don’t care I don’t like it.”

At this point Yonghwa was almost grinning from ear to ear “Aw you big baby it’s not that bad.”

“Yah, don’t call me that.”

“Why not I think it suits you, you’re my adorable baby.”

Now Jonghyun was blushing badly “Don’t call me that!”

“But Hyunnie….” Yonghwa was pouting causing Jonghyun’s insides turn into jelly.

Yonghwa laughed and Jonghyun scowled “Why do you like torturing me like this?”

Yonghwa gave him a big toothy smile “Not torturing but teasing and because you looks so cute when you’re flustered.”

Jonghyun groaned “I hate you.”

“Like you too.” And with that Yonghwa stole a kiss from Jonghyun’s lips “Now how about we actually make something edible to eat.”

 

 

***You guys I am back! I am so sorry i took so long to update T.T no excuses for taking so long but hopefully this chapter makes up for my loooooong absence. Hopefully I can update more frequently now than making you guys wait months on end.... but no promises. And i hope this chapter isn't too bad since i have no idea where this story is going and maybe that is why I am taking forever to update... but anyways enjoy!"***