Chapter 3

Coffee Shop

Minhyuk elbowed Jonghyun “Stop staring.”

“I am doing no such thing!”

Minhyuk laughed “Yeah just keep telling yourself that hyung.” Suddenly Minhyuk was smiling a little to sweetly for Jonghyun’s liking, “You should ask him out on a date.”

Jonghyun’s eyes grew wide as his cheeks felt warm “Are you insane! What gave you that insane idea?”

Minhyuk pouted “It’s not insane, I’m just saying if you like him then go for it.”

“Yeah that sound all very nice but you missed out on one very important detail here.”

Missing Jonghyun’s sarcastic tone MInhyuk smiled brightly at him “What I miss?”

“The fact that he doesn’t like me.”

Minhyuk pouted “I’m sure he do-”

Suddenly Jungshin’s voice cut through the whole coffee shop “NO!” Minhyuk and Jonghyun just stared at him wondering for the reason that made him burst out like that in public. Jonghyun felt his cheeks warm up again when he saw Yonghwa start laughing uncontrollably, did that man have the nicest smile that Jonghyun had ever see.

Jonghyun was brought back by some snapping fingers in front of his face, he blinked in confusion until he saw a smiling Minhyuk, he frowned “What do you want?”

“You know this is always what you do hyung, you just admire from afar, that’s why you never have a date.”

Jonghyun mouth fell open “Why you little!” he flicked MInhyuk on the forehead causing the younger to hiss in pain.

“You know what just for that I will tell Yonghwa that you have a HUGE crush on him!”

Minhyuk was about to step around the counter when he was grabbed by a panicking Jonghyun “Don’t you dare or I will kill you!”

“Hyung I was joking!”

Jonghyun scoffed “No you weren’t, I know you.”

“Hyung people are staring.” Minhyuk said as he tried to free his head from underneath his hold of Jonghyun’s arm.

“I don’t care, you are not telling Yonghwa anything.”

“Jonghyun hyung!”

The brief distraction cause by Jungshin was enough to let Minhyuk escape. A strangled gasp left Jonghyun’s lips as he saw Minhyuk head towards Yonghwa. Dread seeped into every cell in his body as Jonghyun saw Minhyuk start talking to Yonghwa after he dragged him outside. With a thudding heart he turned to storm into the kitchen.

“Damn you Kang Minhyuk!”

About ten minutes later a smiling Minhyuk came into the kitchen “There you are hyung! The customers are getting impatient.”

Jonghyun shook his head “I am not going out there! At least not until Yonghwa leaves.”

Minhyuk rolled his eyes “Oh come on, did you really think I told him?”

“Then what else where you guys talking about for so long?”

“He said I was cute.”

Jonghyun felt his heart sort of shatter “W-what?”

Minhyuk smiled “He said that I was cute so he was fine with me taking out Jungshin later for a movie date.”

Jonghyun didn’t know if he wanted to hug or slap MInhyuk at that moment “You spilled his coffee and dragged him outside to ask for his permission to ask out Jungshin to a movie?”

“Uh huh.”

Without answering Jonghyun just exited the kitchen wanting to get away from the bubbly boy and hopefully to get his heart working again no thanks to Minhyuk and his little stunt, Yonghwa wasn’t helping either. Especially if he was the first one at the counter as Jonghyun approached with shaky legs.

“May I help you?”

Yonghwa smiled “Can I get another coffee?”

“Oh right Minhyuk spilled yours, I’ll make you a new one in just a bit.”

Jonghyun was hoping for Yonghwa to stay close to the counter but of course Jonghyun had no such luck as Yonghwa was practically pushed aside by a teenage girl who Jonghyun with a cringe recognized as one of their regular customer, well she was whenever Jonghyun had a shift.

Jonghyun frantically tried to find Minhyuk to see if he was out of the kitchen, to Jonghyun’s relief he was but he was talking to Jungshin again which meant that Jonghyun was left to fend for himself.

“What can I get for you?”

She smiled dreamily at him “I’ll have what I always get please.”

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at her “And that would be?”

She huffed “I’ve been coming here for weeks, I would assume you would have remembered by now.”

He gave her a nervous smile “I’m sorry… but I don’t remember.”

She flushed at the sight of his smile “Well maybe you can give me your number instead.”

Jonghyun’s eyes darted up to see if he could catch Minhyuk’s attention but instead he caught Yonghwa’s who was now frowning, most likely because he was waiting for his coffee Jonghyun thought, He quickly tore his eyes away from Yonghwa’s and he looked back at the smiling teenager “Ummm I don’t think that would be a good idea.”

She pouted up at him “And why not? Is it because I’m too young? I really don’t mind the age difference.”

He gave he another awkward smile “Well you see I-”

“I don’t think his boyfriend will appreciate that.”

Jonghyun turned wide eyed to Yonghwa who just simply winked at him, the girl turned watery eyes at him “Oppa you didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend.”

“W-well I-I… I had no reason to.”

She quickly wiped her watery eyes “Well then can I get the other guys phone number instead?”

“Minhyuk’s?”

Yonghwa smile widen “Why don’t you go ask him yourself he is right over there.”

With a squeal she ran to the poor unsuspecting Minhyuk. Jonghyun tried to take a deep breath to calm his fast beating heart, he held almost calmed down until he saw Yonghwa smiling at him with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. Jonghyun had to bite down on his bottom lip to stop himself from squealing like that teenage girl on how adorable Yonghwa looked right at that moment.

“So what do you say?”

Jonghyun blinked out of his thoughts to see an ever redder cheeked Yonghwa “I’m sorry can you repeat what you just said.”

Yonghwa’s face fell “Um nothing important, please forget about the coffee I just remembered I have to be somewhere soon.”

“Oh okay then.”

With one last smile Yonghwa went to say goodbye to Jungshin, Minhyuk was too busy fending off the customer. Jonghyun pouted as soon as he saw Yonghwa was out the door, he looked at the clock and groaned he still had five more hours before his shift would end.

Minhyuk had succeeded in running off his new fan and ran behind Jonghyun to hide “I thought she was never gonna leave! Man she is scary.”

Jonghyun giggled “You should thank Yonghwa he was the one that send her your way.”

Minhyuk pouted before he remembered something and a smirk grew on his face “So what you say?”

“Say to what?”

Minhyuk nudged him “You know to what.”

Jonghyun thought for a moment “Actually I really don’t.”

“Yonghwa didn’t ask you out?” Minhyuk frowned.

“Why would he ask me out?”

Minhyuk made an exasperated sound “Because he likes you! Right after he said I could take Jungshin out he asked me if you where seeing someone, when I told him no I seriously thought his face was going to split from how big his smile was. I told him that I was positive you were going to say yes, I wonder why he backed out?”

“Maybe he doesn’t really lik….oh no.”

“What?”

Jonghyun felt like crying as he remembered himself spacing out then seeing a very flushed faced but hopeful looking Yonghwa and how his expression fell when Jonghyun asked him to repeat what he had just said “I think he did.”

“What do you mean you think?” Minhyuk was not following.

“I wasn’t really paying attention and I think he asked me something but I didn’t hear him and when I asked him about it he said he had to leave.”

Minhyuk spluttered “You said no!”

“I didn’t mean to!”

Minhyuk started to push Jonghyun out the café “You are going to find him and YOU are going to ask him out on a date then.”

“B-but Minhyukkie!”

Minhyuk shook his head “No you made him upset so you must make him happy again, Junshin said he was going to stop by the record store again.”

Before Jonghyun could even utter another word Minhyuk had thrown him outside. Jonghyun could feel his heart thud against his rib cage as if it was trying to escape from him. He took a few but not so helpful calming breathes as he made his way to the record store, and sure enough Yonghwa was there looking through some of them but the smile from earlier was now gone and that made Jonghyun’s heart twist.

With a shaking hand he tapped Yonghwa’s shoulder, not missing the surprised look Yonghwa had at seeing Jonghyun in the store.

“Jonghyun?”

Said man gave a shaky smile in return “Hey.”

“What are you doing here? Is everything ok?” Yonghwa’s eyes widen “Is Jungshin ok?”

“Don’t worry everything is fine,” He took a deep breath “I was just wondering if… if….”

Jonghyun closed his eyes tightly “If you wanted to have dinner with me later?”

He heard Yonghwa giggle and Jonghyun swore his face was going to melt off from how hot his face felt at that moment. Jonghyun wanted nothing more than to run home and hide under his covers.

“You’re cute when you blush, and how about a movie and dinner?”

 

 


***Yeah so much for this being a one shot lol I really don't know where I am heading with this story***