Chapter 1

Coffee Shop

Jonghyun took a deep breath as he slowed to a stop, he dabbed his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand as he took his headphones off when he remembered something.  ‘Damn it I knew I had forgotten something this morning.’  Jonghyun frowned when he remembered the cold water bottle he had forgotten in his kitchen table.  He shrugged there was nothing he could do now other than buy one at one of the store.

He put his head phones back one as he started to walk while humming the song he was currently listening to. As he was walking past a record store a flash of yellow caught the corner of his eye. He took a few steps back in order to be able to peer inside the store and when he did he swore his breath had been knocked out of him. There inside the store was a guy that looked around his age his hair the source of what had caught Jonghyun’s eyes first it was dyed a goldish blond. The guy also had a guitar strapped on his back, his head bobbing in time with whatever song he was listening to and but that’s not what had Jonghyun mesmerized it was the guys smiled that had Jonghyun walking inside the store.

“Welcome, how can I help you?”

Jonghyun froze, he didn’t even realized he had walked in. He quickly glanced at the clerk who asked him the question and gave him a small smile “Ah I’m just going to take a look around.”

He glanced at the guitar guy again somewhat relieved yet disappointed that he hadn’t looked up when he had walked in. Jonghyun walked around the store letting his fingertips trail through the records that he walked by, it felt somewhat cozy in that little store. He looked up only to meet the eyes of the golden haired man, he felt his cheeks flush as he quickly looked down pretending to browse through the records.

He picked one up pretending to see it when he actually was peering over it seeing if the golden hair guitarist was still looking his way. Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief to see the other had his eyes closed, his head bobbing with the music yet again. With a gasp Jonghyun realized how he must have looked like at the moment, his hair a mess from having the wind whip through it as he runs and plastered with sweat around his forehead.

A squeak left Jonghyun when he saw that the guy had his eyes open now looking at him with furrowed brows, probably wondering what had caused Jonghyun to gasp. Jonghyun resist the urge to duck down and hide from embarrassment. Suddenly his phone started to go off causing his frozen muscles to jump at the sound. He clumsily pulled his phone from his pocket, cursing himself mentally when he let the phone slip from his hands and crash on the floor.

He quickly bend down and picked it up, his sweaty and shaking fingers making it somewhat difficult to answer the phone but he eventually did, surprisingly before the person hanged up. “Hello?”

“Hyung where are you?”

“Minhyuk?”

“Yes it’s me, where are you?”

“I was out running, why?”

A strangled sound comes out of Minhyuk “You’re going to be late for work!”

Jonghyun gasp as he looks at the clock in his phone, without saying anything else he hangs up and practically runs out the store, but of course not before taking one last look at the guy that he would probably never see.

Jonghyun makes it 15 minutes after his shift had started, taking it in to account that he went home to change and shower it wasn’t that late. Even if he was late to work Jonghyun felt like he had a good morning and of course that had nothing to do with the handsome stranger that he had seen that morning.

As soon as Jonghyun had gotten behind the counter ready to start his shift at the coffee shop Minhyuk was staring him down.

“Where were you?”

“I told you I was out running, like I do every morning.”

Minhyuk shook his head “No you weren’t because you have never been late to your shift.”

Jonghyun shrugged “I stopped at this record store that caught my eye and I lost track of time.”

Minhyuk eyed him doubtfully “What do you mean caught your eye?”

“I don’t know I just… something inside caught my eye.”

Minhyuk stared at him for a couple of seconds before it clicked “Ohhh! You mean the worker caught your eye!”

Jonghyun’s hand twitched on where it he wanted to shut Minhyuk up from talking to loud “No! It wasn’t the person working there!” Jonghyun’s eyes widen at unwillingly admitting that there was a someone that had caught his eye.

“Then who was it? It’s rare to see someone who catches the eye of the almighty Lee Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun felt his cheeks start to warm up “It’s not that rare.” He hissed, “And I don’t know who he was, he was just a random customer there.”

Minhyuk just gave him a small smile “You’re just too picky hyung.”

Jonghyun was just going to smack his shoulder when a new voice was heard “I’m not interrupting something am I?”

Both of them turned wide eyed at the new customer only to sigh in relief seeing it was only Jungshin. Minhyuk was the first to speak “Jungshin! Hi!”

Jungshin smiled at him “I’m not interrupting am I?”

Jonghyun smiled as he shook his head “No you aren’t.”

“Then why where you blushing?”

Minhyuk beamed at this “Because hyung was- ouch!”

Jonghyun stepped on Minhyuk’s foot, as much as he loved and trusted Jungshin he really didn’t feel as comfortable talking to him about these things than with Minhyuk. “No reason.” Jonghyun gave him a big smile hoping Jungshin would drop it.

Minhyuk winced at the throb on his foot “Yeah hyung was just late to work and he came in running so he still is a bit flushed.”

At this the Jungshin finally smiled obviously believing Minhyuk before Jonghyun. Jonghyun frowned at that but he shrugged it off it wasn’t like he trusted Minhyuk with certain stuff more than he did Jungshin

“So you want the usual?”

“Yes please.”

As soon as Jungshin left to his usual table Jonghyun was met with Minhyuk’s puppy eyes, he rolled his eyes at this, it was the same thing every morning as soon as Jungshin would walk through the door Minhyuk would beg Jonghyun to take over for him for a bit while he sat down with him.

“Go ahead but remember no more than 20 minutes.”

“Thanks hyung! I really owe you.” Minhyuk called over his shoulder as he made his way towards Jungshin’s table.

Jonghyun smiled as he watched them start to talk, Jonghyun knew that it was just a couple of more days maybe weeks before Minhyuk would tell him that they had finally started to date. With a shake of his head Jonghyun focused on getting Jungshin’s coffee ready before said [erson would start wining that he needed his coffee.

As soon as he finished Jungshin’s coffee another customer walked up and Jonghyun almost send Jungshin’s coffee flying, thankfully he shakingly set the cup down before he could drop it. There in front of him was the blonde haired stranger form the record store.

Jonghyun cleared his throat “May I take your order?”

The customer smiled and Jonghyun almost swore he was going to pass out soon but just as the customer opened his mouth to order Jungshin interrupted him.

“Hyung! My coffee, I’m dying over here.”

Jonghyun tore his gaze away from the mesmerizing human in front of him to where a now pouting Jungshin was sitting with a smiling Minhyuk. As soon as Jungshin looked towards Jonghyun ready to whine about his coffee again a smile broke on his face. He stood up and ran hugging the customer like a long lost friend.

“Hyung!”

Now Jonghyun was left standing there feeling all confused, he looked at Minhyuk who had lost his smiled and was pouting at being left alone by Jungshin. As Jungshin broke his hug with the customer he grabbed both the customers and Jonghyun’s wrist and dragged both of them to where Minhyuk was sitting sulking.

Jonghyun started to stutter not knowing what was going on “W-wait! I c-can’t leave the c-counter!”

But Junghsin ignored Jonghyun’s pleas to be released, Jungshin sat both of them done next to each other causing Jonghyun to shift uncomfortably in his seat. “Jungshin I really need to get back to the counter, there’s nobody but me and Minhyuk today so….”

Jungshin waved his hand interrupting Jonghyun “I won’t take long hyung I promise. I just want to introduce to you my hyung.”

Jonghyun eyes grew wide “Hyung?”

Jungshin nodded “Guys this is Yonghwa, Yonghwa this is Minhyuk and Jonghyun.”

Yonghwa smiled “Nice to meet you guys.”

Jonghyun swore he was not this time definitely going to pass out.

    

 

***This was intended to be a one shot a well that didn't happen....

Anyways IDK when I'll upload the next chapter since I have like 3 other one shots I want to write and another story I have to finish but hopefully soon ^^ since I feel very inspired to write about this, we"ll see how it goes.***