Chapter 4 - Even When It's Past Midnight, I Won't Let You Go...

Be My Cinderella

"Alright Prince Charming, you may be smooth with your words, but how's your dance skills?" Your eyes sparkle as you look at him. He his head and grins.

"Just as smooth...and no I'm not bragging..." He winks at you. You laugh.

"We'll see about that..."

"Is that a challenge?"

"You bet it is!"

"Oh, it is on!" A huge smile forms on your face as he leads you back inside on the dance floor. He holds your hand, the other placing it on your waist.

"I'm warning you now...if you think you've fallen for me earlier, my dance skills will just make you fall even harder..."

"Cocky, much?" He shakes his head.

"No...not cocky...just confident...don't mistake the two." You giggled.

"I'll be the judge of that."

"It'll just be on my favor...." He flashes you a smile. You rolled your eyes.

"Enough talk already and show me what you got!" He pulls you closer.

"As you wish..." You hear the start of a new song playing. You grip his hands as he starts to lead.

"I hope you can tango..." He winks at you before dipping you. You smiled as he pulls you back up.

"Oh...I think I can manage it..." Your faces inches from each other. You began to dance, each of you teasing the other by pulling and pushing the other, driving each other crazy.

"Hmm...not bad..." He murmurs. You lightly trace his face.

"That's nothing yet...we've just started!" He kisses your hand.

"Who said anything about being done?" He rolls you away before quickly pulling you back, catching you in his arms.

"I told you earlier you would improve." You roll your eyes.

"I'm a quick learner."

"Or I'm just a great teacher..." He grins, dipping you again.

"How about we call it a draw?" You respond as he pulls you back up.

"Whatever you want..." He whispers in your ear. You grin, trying to catch your breath as he leads you across the floor.

"Nice moves."

"You've seen nothing yet!" He let's go of your hands and starts circling around you. You giggle.

"Now you're just showing off.." He laughs.

"Maybe just a little..." He holds you close as the songs ends.

"So...how did I do? Have you fallen for me yet?"

"Hmm...maybe..." He shakes his head.

"Such a tease..." He murmurs as he leans closer to you, his lips almost touching you. Suddenly you felt someone tugging your arm, forcing you two apart.

"Angel! Where have you been?" You watch your "Prince" frowns from the interruption.

"As if you were looking for me..." Her eyes darts back and forth between you two. You start to blush.

"Anyways, I'm sorry, but we gotta go now! Remember we promised to be home before midnight!"

"What are you, Cinderella?" You turn to him and was about to answer when Angel interrupts.

"If the shoe fits! Don't worry though, you'll see her again!" She yanks your arm.

"W-wait! I don't even know who...." But she already lead you outside and was pushing you in her car. You see him running after you, but it was already too late as she sped home. You let out a sigh as you look out your window.

"Couldn't you wait a few more minutes? I didn't even get his name!" She quickly looks over at you.

"Sorry...but you know how my parents are...don't worry...he's part of UKISS, it won't be THAT hard to figure out who he is..." Another sigh escapes your mouth.

"I suuppose so...but what if he was just interest in me for the night?" You see her shake her head.

"No way! He was into you! Trust me...you'll find each other again...besides I saw the way he looked at you...he'll find you, one way or another...I'll help, okay?"

"Fine...if you say so..."

"Oh! I can ask Eli for you! He'll know who it is!" You turn to her.

"You were with Eli? How did you even know it was him?" She roll her eyes.

"Please! I know my Eli like the back of my hand!"

"Uh-huh...."

~Prince Charming's P.O.V.~

You watch as your Cinderella quickly vanishes before your eyes. You let out a cry in frustration as you grip your hand. I didn't even get to tell her who I was! You felt a hand on your shoulder and turn around to see Eli smiling at you.

"Hey...what's wrong?"

"My Cinderella..." You shake your head.

"I mean Ruby just disappeared with her friend and I didn't get to tell her who I am!"

"Did you confess to her?"

"Yeah...but it doesn't matter if she doesn't know who I am!"

"Don't worry, we'll figure out a way...trust me."

"You'll help me?"

"Of course! What are friends for?"

~end of Prince Charming's P.O.V.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A few weeks later*

"I miss my Eli! You should have seen those vultures all over my man!"

"Since when is Eli 'your man?'"

"Shut up Ruby! You had your prince and Eli's mine!"

"....A prince who I still have no idea who it is because of a certain someone..."

"I told you I was sorry! Besides, we got another chance! Look at this!" She pulls out a poster advertising a school trip.

"I bet you anything UKISS is going!" You scan the poster.

"A cruise? No way...I get seasick!"

"Oh come on! It won't be that bad...don't you want to see your Prince? It's not just about me..."

"Even if I do see him, I.Get.Seasick!"

"Don't worry! I got medicine for that so no more excuses! We're going and that's that!" *sigh*

"Fine...let's go pack after school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You scan the ship, crowded with people.

"And I thought the dance was bad..." You mumble.

"Oh quit whining! We're here, aren't we? Now let's go find them!" She yanks your arm as you both made your way on the deck. This is hopeless...

"Let's split up." You turn to her.

"Again? Why do I feel like this is deja vu all over again?" You frown. She laughs.

"Well if it is, that means I'll meet my Eli again and you your prince." You rolled your eyes.

"I REALLY hate you right now..." She pats your arm.

"Love ya too! I'll take the east side, you take the west. See ya in a bit!" She flashes you a smile before disappearing out of sight. You stare after her. Why is she my best friend again? You let out a sigh and shake your head. Might as well and go look for him...

~Eli's P.O.V.~

"I'm telling you she's going to be here! So you can stop sulking already!" You turn to your best friend who hasn't stop whining since the dance. You see him pout.

"But how do you know? And even if she is here, the place is even more crowded...how am I supposed to find her?" You shake your head. God he's such a child! Prince Charming? More like Prince Baby! You grip his shoulder and give him a small shake.

"Lighten up, would you? Just trust me! Geez, you barely know her and you're already acting like this..." He frowns.

"But I do know her! She's...She's..." He gestures with his hand, unable to find the words. You sigh and pat his shoulder.

"Okay...okay...I get it. Just calm down, alright? No need to go full on panic mode..." You see him nod his head as he starts to relax.

"I just REALLY like her, Eli...she's different from the rest..." He starts to blush as he tells you this. You smiled.

"I know...I know...Come on, let's go find her..."

"Thanks, Eli."

"No problem...besides I want to find her friend, Angel. If you find one, you're bound to find the other!" He laughs.

"I knew you wouldn't help me for nothing!" You smile.

"Shut up already! Let's just hope they're worth it..."

"She's worth it, Eli...I know she is..." You turn to face him.

"Okay...we will find them...don't worry...Kevin..."

~end of Eli's P.O.V.~