"please don’t get any farther away"

Link, Start

I'm gonna die.
No one's ever gonna find me.
I'm gonna die sitting here, waiting for God knows what to come out and kill me.

I buried my head into my lap and felt tears roll down my cheek.
Strangely enough, the only thing I could think of right now is L.
The only person I want to see is L.
And I had no idea if it's because I want to punch his stupidly, perfect face or because I just wanted him here with me.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the disturbing images in my head.
Nope, it's definitely the first one.
I think.

As time went on, I felt my eye lids start to close by themselves.
And no matter how hard I fought, I couldn't keep them open.
If I fell asleep here, I'd probably die.
But I was fighting a losing battle.

"L...you idiot. Where are you?" I found myself mumbling as sleep finally won.


"Melodia! Melodia wake up!" I heard a voice call out. "You can't die on me. As hard as it is for me to admit this, we need you! Infinite needs you!"

There was a pause.
And for that brief moment, all I could hear was that person's breathing and the wind blowing overhead.
Whoever he was, he had one arm around me, supporting my back, and the other was on top of my knee.
He felt...warm.

"Plus we have a job to do! Wake up already!" he yelled as I snapped my eyes open.

I kinda expected it to be Sungyeol...maybe even Sungjong.
But the person I was staring at was the absolute last person I thought it would be.

"L?" I lifted myself out of his arm and gave him a confused look. "What're you...YOU LEFT ME!" I hit him on the arm as memories of what happened before I passed out flooded back to me. "You ! I could've died!"
He winced slightly and rubbed where I hit him as he got up onto his feet, "Well hello to you too."
"Really? That's all you're gonna say to me?" I got up and followed him as he started walking off into the woods, tagging close behind him. "I almost died following you and all you say is hi!?"
"I thought you were right behind me," he replied, not turning his head to look at me.
"You didn't even look back to check, ."
"I didn't think I needed to. All you needed to do was follow me. If you can't do something like that, then maybe-"
"What? Maybe what?" I jumped in front of him, blocking his path. "What were you gonna say?"
He turned his head away from me. "Nothing. Just forget it."

We continued on in silence.
Awkward silence.
Like awkward enough to make you cringe.
He didn't look at me. I didn't look at him.
But something was telling me that being mad at him was gonna get me no where.
And whatever Sungjong wants us to do, it's gonna require us talking.

The further we walked, the more the dense trees and pine needle covered floor started to thin out, until we walked into a small clearing.
Sungjong was standing in the middle with the elf archive floating in front of him. He was typing so fast that I couldn't even see his hands clearly. On the the screen, picture after picture popped up then disappeared to the side. One of them looked kinda like a blue crystal, but I wasn't completely sure seeing how it only stayed on the screen for like a millisecond before L broke Sungjong from his typing trance.

"Sungjong-ah," he walked up and snapped his fingers in front of his face, "we're here."
The magnae blinked a couple times before his vision finally came into focus.
"Oh L. Sorry, didn't know you guys were here. That took...longer than I thought..."

I threw another death glare at the side of L's head.
He kept looking at Sungjong.
Douche.

"We took a bit of a detour."

Detour my ...

"Well as long as you're here, it's whateves," Sungjong looked back at his floating computer screen then pushed some buttons. A picture of a blue, rectangular crystal with silver decorations on the side popped up on it. The same one that I saw before.
"This is a teleportation crystal," Sungjong pointed at the picture as he looked at us, "If two people touch them at the same time, they will teleport you both straight to the entrance gate of the level. Thought they might be useful....just in case." 
"Wait," I looked at the screen then opened my game menu, pushing the "Items" button, "that looks exactly like the health crystal...except it's blue instead of red."
He nodded, "Health crystals can be bought in an items store. These," he pointed at the screen again, "can only be found."
"Where?" L said, his eyes still fixed on the screen.
"You're so lucky you guys have me," the magnae turned to the keyboard and started typing away. The picture of the crystal shrank to the right side of the screen as a picture of a map popped up on the left side. "Human players don't know where to find teleportation crystals but elves do. This is a map of the level we're on right now, and that red dot is where you two need to go to get them."
"Why is it just us two? Can't like...someone else come with us?" I asked as Sungjong moved his hand over the screen.
"Cause the journey to get the crystals is gonna be hard. Like really hard," He paused and gave us both a look.

That look sent shivers down my back.
Because it was basically saying, "your lives are definitely not guaranteed"

"You two have the most EXP points out of all of us so naturally I asked you guys to do it."
"Don't we need you? We don't know where to go or where they are."
"I already sent over a map to you two. It should be in your inbox," he said as he walked towards the way we came from. "You two better come back to us."

"Yeah, we definitely will."


Author's Note
took me a while LOL xD
i got kinda lazy the past couple of days and wrote like 5 sentences a day throughout spring break haha.
sorry everyone!
but i'm back ^^ and as long as i don't get writer's block, i should be updating more often :)

title quote: "please don’t get any farther away"~Yesterday