"in between the cracks of sunlight"

Link, Start

"________________ wake up," I faintly heard before opening my eyes. It took a while for my vision to adjust to the dim lighting seeing how the sun wasn't being much help, and the giant hole we fell from was only a tiny dot above us now.
"What happened?" I sat up abruptly, almost knocking L over, whose head was right above mine. "How are we still alive??"
L got up onto his feet and extended his hand out to me. I put my hand into his without a second thought, letting him pull me up.
"You don't remember?" he asked with his hand still wrapped around mine.
"No..."
He looked up at the hole. "Well...after I broke the glass, you kinda held onto me and started glowing blue...."

Wait.
What?

"I started glowing....blue?" I gave him the mother of all WTF looks as he nodded. 
"Yeah...you had like a blue light around your body, then just before we were about to hit the ground, the light kinda....expanded. Like all I could see was blue. Next thing I know, we're down here."

I glowed blue?
What?
That wasn't in my avatar description....

"So how long have I been out?" I  rubbed my head, finally feeling the grogginess and aching settle in.
"Not long. Maybe like 2 hours. Whatever it is you did, it took up a lot of your energy."

I slashed my finger across the air and opened my stats menu.
The energy bar wasn't even at the halfway mark.
No wonder I felt so sluggish.

"What do we do now?" I closed the menu with another slash and looked around the cave. The walls were smooth, not a single blue crystal in sight. "They're not in here."
L let go of my hand and opened his own menu screen, pressing on the map icon in his items inventory.
"We're still on the red dot," he said, looking around the cave. "So that means it's......below us?"
"There is no way we're digging."
"We don't really have a choice."
"Maybe there's like a secret door or something," I shrugged, walking over to the dirt wall. "I mean, if there was a glass floor, why can't there be a dirt door?"

The second I put my hand on the wall, the entire cave started to shake.
It was like an earthquake inside a tiny, condensed space.

"What's going on?" I backed away until I felt my back crash into L's chest.
"I don't know. What'd you do??"
"I only touched the wall!"
"So why is this happening???"
"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you now would I!?"

Pieces of the wall started to break off and fall towards us.
L automatically turned me around and pulled me into a hug.
The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

"What're you doing?" I said as bigger pieces crashed down beside us. He crouched down and brought me with him, using his body to cover me.
"What's it look like I'm doing?"
"But you could get hurt....you could die..."
"I know. But at least you'll live."

No.
He can't die.
Not now.
We still have unfinished business to take care.
And feelings to sort out.
He can't die.
I won't let him.

"No," I gently pushed him away and stood up while trying my best to ignore the confused look on his face. "We're both gonna live. We can't abandon the others like this."
I extended both hands out above me and willed every last bit of my energy to concentrate on them.

Then I saw it.
Exactly how L described it.
I was glowing blue.
My entire body was enclosed in a blue light that expanded outwards as I swung my hands down.
It reached the walls of the cave and climbed up it, leaving a faint blue streak as it went that disappeared a couple seconds later.

"The cave stopped shaking," L muttered as he stood up. I let my arms drop to my side and felt my knees give out as my vision blurred.
"___________________!" he caught me just before my head hit the ground, "__________________ what's wrong?"
"Energy.....gone," I weakly slashed the air and opened my stats menu. The energy bar wasn't even at 5%. "I.....can't stand up."
"Hold on," L laid me gently on the ground and opened up his items. Seconds later, a green crystal appeared in his hand.
"Where'd you.....get this?" I barely breathed out as he put my hand around it, holding it there with his own.
"These are recovery crystals dummy. You can buy these in an items shop."

I opened my mouth to say something else, but he covered it with his hand and shook his head.
"Just go with it ___________________. Sometimes, listening to your brain isn't really the smartest thing to do."
He had a point.
I've been listening to my brain this entire time and ignoring what my heart was telling me.
"Sometimes, letting your heart take over isn't so bad," he added as if he were reading my mind.

Like now? I looked up at him, searching for an answer in his eyes.
Like now.

He started leaning in closer, stopping for a few seconds when our foreheads touched and our noses were brushing against each others,
I let my eyes as he started to close the gap between us.
And of course, that had to when the recovery crystal decided to activate itself.

L jumped back and watched as my entire body was encased in green light. As soon as it shattered off and disappeared in pixels, he rushed back to my side and helped me up.
"How're you feeling?"
I rotated my shoulder and stretched my neck. "Not bad. Still a little sore though." I opened my stat menu again. The bar was now at 60%.
He nodded before the look of concern on his face melted away into a look of confusion.
"What is it?"
He pointed behind me. "Turn around."


Author's Note
hi loves! ^^
so this happened like lastish week or whenever L's BRAVO VIEWTIFUL came out on preorder but....
I PREORDERED ME A COPY! :D
YESSHHHH
$45 well spent :)
it makes me feel all warm and fluffy knowing that i'm gonna own 1 out of the 30,000 copies in the world :3

and i just recently started watching Gu Family Book, the drama starring Lee Seunggi, Suzy, and Sung Joon (yes the guy from Shut Up Flower Boy Band).
this drama yo....=.=
it tears my heart out and rips my feels into pieces...
but i strongly recommend it! ^^

title quote: "in between the cracks of sunlight"~In the Summer