"you cry again today, saying i’m too much"

Link, Start

"You know...you really don't have to do this," I walked up to Myungsoo and said to his back as the rest of Infinite scattered. I wanted to reach out and touch it. I wanted him to turn around and hug me like he did before. I wanted him to tell me everything was gonna be alright. 

But everything's changed.
Myungsoo wasn't here anymore.

"You know better than anyone that I'm more than capable of taking care of myself."
He didn't respond.
Classic.

I looked over his shoulder at everyone else, each person doing something different. My eyes landed on Kai, who was already staring at me.
The look on his face basically read "I'm onto you".
I couldn't help but feel a shiver go down my spine.

"Stop looking at him," Myungsoo put his hand over my eyes and pulled my back until I hit his chest. "Don't start anything again."
"I didn't even start it the first time," I pulled his hand away and walked off into the forest.

I didn't know why.
I just....needed to be alone for a little bit.
There were way too many thoughts rattling around inside my head, and I needed to get them straight.
But of course, being alone is a near impossible feat for me right now.

"Can you stop following me?" I stopped walking and turned around. Myungsoo was leaning against a tree, one hand on his sword and the other running through his hair.
"Not gonna happen."

I knew he was gonna say that.

"Fine," I jumped into the air and landed right in front of him, "then at least tell me why you can't leave me alone for a few minutes."
"That also isn't gonna happen."
I raised an eyebrow at him, "Why?"
"You also don't need to know that."
"It has something to do with Kai doesn't it?"
"No."
"EXO?"
"No."
"The rest of Infinite?"
"No."
"Then it has to be.....me."

He twitched.
Slightly.
Then quickly regained his poker face.
But that twitch meant that I was right.
And that's all I needed to know.

"It has something to do with me? Seriously? What about me won't let you leave me alone huh?"
He didn't answer. He kept his eyes fixed on the ground.
He honestly didn't need to answer.
I knew what was running through his head.

"You don't trust me."
He finally looked up.
"I never sa-"
"No. You didn't have to Myungsoo. I get it."

At that point, I did the first thing that popped into my head.
I ran.
That's all I could do.
That's all that I thought of doing.
I ran until my legs wouldn't let me run anymore, forcing me to collaspe to the ground.

Myungsoo didn't trust me.
He didn't trust me.
Trust is what basically makes a relationship.
So what is he saying?
That we have no relationship?
That we didn't even have one to begin with?
That everything was all a lie?

"_________________!"
His voice jolted me out of my mental interrogation with myself.
He was looking for me.
He was using my real name.
But he was the last person I wanted to see right now.
I crawled behind the nearest tree and pulled my legs toward my chest, silently praying that he wouldn't find me.
"_________________!" He yelled again, his voice getting closer with every step he took. "__________________, I know you're here. I know you can hear me."

Of course I can hear you, smart .
The way you're yelling, people on the 10th floor can hear you.

"I know you're mad, but you can't just run away and hide from your problems," his footsteps stopped right in front of the tree I was hiding behind.
"I never said I didn't trust you," he went on as I slowly turned my head and peeked around the corner. He was leaning against the tree, his perfect profile pointed at the sky. "It's them I don't trust."
"Then why'd you say it has something to do with me?" I found myself replying before my hands flew to my mouth.

Damn it.

"Cause it does have something to do with you," I heard him sit on the ground, making the leaves around us shift, "but it's not something bad."
"So why didn't you just tell me right off the bat?"
"I don't really know how you're gonna take it."
"Never know unless you try," I leaned my head against the tree and looked in Myungsoo's direction. He had scooted his way next to me.

There was a pause followed by a deep breath.
"On the way back from our little quest, I remembered something from before I entered the game. The cover on the box for it had a picture of a castle, a rough sketch of a floor layout, some people coming at each other from the left and right sides of the cover, and in the middle....there was a picture of a girl. I don't remember her face. All I remember was that she had like a blue glow around her."
"You don't think...."
Myungsoo shook his head, "I don't know. But if you really are, then that's even more reason for me to not let you out of my sight."


Author's Note
omg guys....i actually updated xD
i'm trying to update this more during the summer when i literally do nothing at home all day, but i'm not sure of the direction of the story right now so updates might come a little slow.
but they definitely will come ^^

so in other news.....INFINITE'S COMING BACK! ^^
and i don't think my feels are ready for this one....

title quote: "you cry again today, saying i’m too much"~Real Story