"that seems to be captured in secrets"

Link, Start

The sky turned a blood red color.
Every player in the town square froze for a few seconds before chaos unleashed.
Food and weapons' stalls were overturned as everyone made a mad dash to the entrance that Sungyeol and I had just came through. Some girl players screamed while others just stood there, unsure of what to do or what was even going on.

And in the middle of all this, I was staring into the most piercing set of eyes ever created.
It was as if he could see right through my avatar and knew what I looked like in the real world.
To be honest, it was kinda creepin me out.

"What did you do to Sungyeol?" the guy said, cocking his head to one side. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"What're you talking about?" I narrowed my eyes at him, "I didn't lay a finger on him."
He scoffed, "Yeah right. Tell me something, why would a solo player like you not want to steal anything from a player who's not with the rest of his guild?"
"Uhhhhh maybe cause I'm new to this game?"

Dumb .

"Well that didn't stop the solo player that almost killed him a few hours before you showed up."
"And how the hell would I know that?"
"You are a magician aren't you?"

I froze.
How the hell did he know that?
I never told him.
I didn't even tell Sungyeol.

"How the hell do you know?"
He smiled then took a big step forward, closing the gap in between us. Our chests were barely touching but I was still blushing like crazy.
"I have my ways."

What the hell is with this guy?

"And what would those be?" I asked, looking up him. He glanced down at me and took a step back.
"Nothing you need to know, noob," he glared at me again before walking away. "Just watch yourself."

Ugh....
What the hell was that all about!?

I wanted to run after him and set him on fire or bury him under some rocks, but that wasn't the major issue.
"Melodia!" Sungyeol ran up from behind me and grabbed my wrist. "What the heck are you doing over here? We were all looking for you!"

Wait.
What?

"You guys were....looking for me?" I pointed at myself to clarify as he nodded.
"Well duh. You're a member of our guild now."
"And when did this happen?" I asked as he dragged me into the center of town square.
"Just now. When most guild wanted to split up and search for you."

We pushed people out of the way until the other Infinite members came into sight. They all seriously looked like they walked out of a manga.
"Melodia!" the pretty one broke away from the other members and gave me a hug. "Thank goodness you're safe!"
I lightly tapped his back, and for the first time since I met him, I noticed that his ears were pointed.
"Yah Sungjong!" Dongwoo yelled, pulling him back. "You can't just hug a girl you just met."
"Especially if we don't know if she's safe or not," the piercing eyes guy added on.

Classic.
He would be the one to say that.
We glared at each other as Sungjong jumped back to my side. "Don't worry guys, she's ok."
"Your magic isn't reacting to her?" the small eyed one said, side stepping a player who was running around and looking pretty freaked out.
Sungjong shook his head. "Nope. Told you she's good."

Before anyone could say anything, a scream cut through the panic.
I looked at the red sky, and saw that it was beginning to rain red liquid.
"Oh my gosh," I pointed at the "rain" which was starting to collect into a big blob , "What is that thing?"
"What's going on?" the other turtle neck clad guy said as he stepped up behind me.
"Sunggyu," Dongwoo turned to the small eyed guy, "is this part of the game or.....another glitch?"
"I don't know anymore..."

All the red liquid that was raining down on the town was being compacted into a big, red ball that was hovering over the entire square. After the rain had stopped, the blob started to take on a shape....of a game maker.
No....even worse.
THE game maker.
All our mouths dropped open as the creator of Infinity Kingdom materialized above us.

"Players," his voice boomed, "welcome to Infinity Kingdom. By now, I'm sure most, if not all, of you have noticed that there is no log out button. This is not a glitch."

We all exchanged glances, and I was pretty sure we were all thinking the same thing.
What the heck was this guy smoking?

"I purposely left it out. Why? Well that's something you may or may not figure out on your own. But I will tell you this: the only way out is to beat the game...all 50 levels, all 50 bosses," the creator continued. "But be warned, if you die in this game, your mind is lost forever in the real world. And if someone in the outside world tries to take the VR glasses off of you, your brain will fried....literally. Good luck players."


Author's Note
yay for y myungsoo gifs :)
gotta love that boy.

title quote: "that seems to be captured in secrets"~BTD (Before the Dawn)