"you are getting farther away from me"

Link, Start

"What's that noise?" Lu Han dropped the two rocks he was floating in the air. They landed with thud, narrowly missing Kai's foot.
"Hey," he flinched back and bumped into Chanyeol, "watch where you're dropping your crap Lu Han."
"They're called rocks dude."
"Whatever yo."
"Don't get mad at me cause you don't know what a rock looks like."

"Guys, stop!" Baekhyun got in between them and extended both his arms, holding his hands up to their faces. They froze. "Can we at least try not to kill each other before Kris comes back?"
The EXO members grew quiet. No one said anything, but they were all thinking the same thing.

Sehun.
Lay.
Xiumin.
All three of them.
Gone.

"Damn it!" Suho punched the tree next to him angrily then leaned against it. "I never should have bought this game."
Chen gently patted him on the back. "It wasn't your fault. You didn't know the game maker was some crazy, messed up nerd. No one saw this coming."
"Plus," Tao looked up from cleaning his sword, "we're the ones who wanted to play anyways. So you can't blame yourself."
"Still...I can't help but feel kinda respon-what's that noise?"

Suho sprang up with his hands already extended out. Big, sharp icicles hung in the air above him, their points facing in the direction of the bushes.
"I'm giving you five seconds to get the hell outta here before I shish kabob you. One, two, three, fo-"
"Really? Why does everyone always do that?" Kris huffed out as L cut through the bush.
"Kris!" Suho dropped his hands, letting the icicles plop onto the ground as water. "Dude, you scared me. I thought some monster was gonna pop out."
"Sorry to disappoint," Kris stepped over the remains of the bush after L then helped me over, "but I brought something to make it up."

"Hey!" Sungyeol yelled from behind him, "we are not a 'something'."
I heard L laugh from beside me as the choding stumbled into the clearing, followed by the rest of Infinite.
He actually seemed human when he smiled.
It wouldn't hurt to do it more often.

"Why are they here?" Tao asked, twirling his sword around in circles. I swear, the blade got so close to my face that I could see my reflection in it.
"Hey," L used one of his arms and pushed me back, "watch where you're swinging that thing."
"As long as you watch where you put your's," Tao retorted, sticking the sword back into the sheath that was dangling from his hip. 

I looked up at L then back down at his arm, which was still wrapped protectively across my chest.
And it needed to unwind itself....like now.
"Uhhhhh...."
He looked down at me and stared at my face for a good 2 minutes before finally noticing his arm.
"Oh. Sorry."

The second he pulled his arm away, I felt a cold breeze rip through my body.
No one else seemed to notice it though...
Maybe I'm becoming dellusional.
This game is really getting to my head.
Cause now my face is all hot.

"Yo," Hoya stepped in front of Tao with one hand on his gun, "you could be a little more appreciative...considering we're the ones saving your asses."
D.O. wedged himself in between Tao and Hoya before they could rip each other's throats out. "What'd you mean?"
"I asked Infinite if they can help us," Kris sighed, running a hand through his hair as the other EXO members looked at him in shock. "Guys, there's no way we can beat the boss at our level. And I'm not gonna lose anyone else."
"But we don't really need them," Kai teleported to Kris' side. "It make take a while but we can always level up ourselves. Just until we can beat the boss."
"But that may take weeks, maybe even months. We don't have that kind of time. The longer we stay in here, the worse our bodies in the real world become. We need their help."

"If it makes you feel better, we need your help just as much as you need our's," Sunggyu added in. "Killing the boss is possible but only if we don't kill each other first."

Mumbles of agreement were scattered throughout the group.
Finally, we were getting somewhere.
I looked around at everyone, giving them a quick once over.
It's not that I didn't trust them. It's more like...I didn't really know them.
As I glanced over Lu Han, I got a weird feeling.
Like someone was looking at me.
My eyes made contact with L's.
We stood there, staring at each other from across the clearing.

Can you hear me?

What the hell was that?

Melodia, focus.
How do you know my name? Who are you?
Wow, you're more stupid than I thought.


Wow. Really?
I threw L a dirty look.
That douche was using telepathy to talk to me.

When did you learn how to do this?

He shrugged, his face remaining emotionless.

I guess it's a special skill. I must've leveled up more than I thought.

I rolled my eyes.

Yeah...horray for you.
What? You jealous?
As if. What do you want anyways?
I need your help with something.
You need my help? Why aren't you asking Sungyeol or Sungjong?
Cause Sungyeol's not up for something like this yet, and Sungjong's the one who told me to do this.
What're you talking about?

"Ok guys, here's the plan!" Kris yelled out, waving everyone in. L gave me one last look before breaking eye contact.
Find me after this. I'll explain then.
"Sunggyu and I have agreed that none of us are ready to face the boss yet. So we're gonna camp out here for the next 3 days."
"3 days should be enough time to level up at least 20 levels," Sunggyu explained, "and to earn a little trust from each other."
"Right. For now, we should set up camp before it gets dark."

Everyone scattered after Kris finished.
Tao and Lu Han walked off towards the fields while D.O. and Dongwoo stayed behind and helped Kris move logs around.
My eyes immediately found L as he disappeared into the woods.
I have no idea what this guy's trying to pull, but if Sungjong put him up to it, it can't be that bad.

I slowly followed him, stumbling my way over broken branches and logs.
The first time I looked up, I could still him in the distance, but then he disappeared.
I was alone.
All by myself.
In the middle of the woods.
Oh my gosh, I'm gonna die.

"L!" I called out, hoping he was just trolling me and that he'd pop up behind me any second now. "L, if this is a joke, it's so not funny!"

Nothing happened.
No response.
No voices.
No L.
So I did what any girl would do if she was alone and lost in the woods.

Run.

I didn't even think, I just ran.
Until my foot got caught in between two rocks.
Forcing me to face plant as a sharp, intense pain shot up my leg.
And for the first time since I entered the game, the only person I wanted to see was L.


Author's Note
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUBBY KIM MYUNGSOO! ^^
and the official comeback date has also been released!!
the countdown begins!
inspirits, prepare yourselves...

title quote: "you are getting farther away from me"~Yesterday