Insecurities

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I just remembered something about his crush—he’s younger than RW.

            That was the message that awaited him first thing in the morning after his second night with Ryeowook.  He should have been happy that Changmin recalled such a detail, since he could be a little spacey at times, but Kyuhyun was trying to forget the fact that there was someone else Ryeowook was interested in and this brought it to the forefront of his mind again. 

           The only consolation was that it did mean that Ryeowook wasn’t interested in any of the other members…except possibly Henry.  But Ryeowook rarely ever talked with Henry when he wasn’t doing activities with them and didn’t go out of his way to show he cared about him, so Kyuhyun felt pretty positive that it wasn’t the kid.  But there were still a lot of guys Ryeowook associated with that were younger than him.  They were now considered old compared to most of the other kpop artists.  Back when he first started he was the youngster and now they all go around calling him hyung or oppa.  He still wasn’t used to it.

            He couldn’t think of anyone that Ryeowook consistently talked about either, aside from other members, their family and friends, and staff members at Sukira.  Maybe he liked Jongwoon’s brother, Jongjin.  He has been known to stop by the Mouse Rabbit every now and then for coffee.  Without Kyuhyun even being along.  But Jongjin was just a month or two younger than Ryeowook and Ryeowook would consider him the same age, just as Kyuhyun viewed Changmin as the same age, who was only a couple weeks younger than him.  So, he was puzzled.

            All through their fan meet on Sunday, the thought festered in his head.  Although he could pretend to be happy and really was happy when Ryeowook was near, smiling at him and looking at him with those dazzling eyes, deep down the idea weighed him down.  If he only knew who Ryeowook was interested in, he’d know what his competition was.  Perhaps Ryeowook liked someone really pathetic and he’d already surpassed him this weekend.  But what if he liked someone who was as handsome as Siwon, or as romantic as Sungmin, or as perfect as Leeteuk, or as manly as Kangin?  He would have added funny…but he and Ryeowook were the funniest and most playful members already. 

            “Is something the matter?” Ryeowook asked, smiling sweetly at Kyuhyun as they gathered their stuff after the concert and readied themselves to head to the airport.

            “No.  Why?”

           “You’ve been quiet all day,” he pointed out.

            Kyuhyun smiled and looked down at his bag as he zipped it up.  “I didn’t get enough sleep, of course, but I thought it would be rude to complain about since I wasn’t disappointed about why.”

            Ryeowook reached over and poked Kyuhyun in the side.  “Quit looking so depressed or I’m going to think you’re not happy about something.”

            Perhaps he should just be upfront about his concern but now wasn’t the time.  They were going directly from the concert to the plane and then home.  They hadn’t even discussed what was about to happen when they got home.  Was this newest development between them a secret from everyone?  Was he allowed to say anything to Sungmin or Jongwoon? 

           Kyuhyun leaned closer to Ryeowook.  “When we get home, I really want…”

           “Hey, Wookie!” shouted Donghae from across the room.  “Come here a minute!”

           Just as Ryeowook was about to head that direction, Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Ryeowook’s chest and pulled him back against him.  “If you want to talk to him, you come here and try to take him away from me.  I was talking to him first!  He’s mine!”

           Donghae tilted his head and gave Kyuhyun an impatient look but it wasn’t going to faze him and he instead slung Ryeowook’s pack over h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter