Love Rollercoaster

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           After making out in the kitchen earlier in the day, Ryeowook expected something to happen later on that evening.  It was Valentine’s Day, after all.  And since they were performing, he didn’t have to deejay later on.  They could have made plans to do something afterwards.  But Kyuhyun barely even spoke to him.  Aside from their usual banter during the concert itself, Kyuhyun avoided him.  Was it because he didn’t want Jongwoon to notice anything different?  Jongwoon wasn’t exactly the most observant person.  But Ryeowook didn’t push the matter, just in case. 

           By the time they got home, he expected Kyuhyun to sneak into his room.  He stayed up, packing his bag and getting everything ready for the morning but Kyuhyun never came.  By the time he’d gotten up the nerve to check on Kyuhyun himself, his light was turned off.  Perhaps he was tired.  Ryeowook returned to his room and turned in early as well.

           When he woke up the next morning, Kyuhyun continued to evade him—as much as you can dodge someone who lives with you—and kept any necessary words with Ryeowook to a minimum.  Even when they all headed downstairs to be picked up for the flight, Kyuhyun took a seat next to Donghae and Eunhyuk.  Ryeowook took the hint and sat down in the front next to Siwon, who had been picked up ahead of time from his apartment.

           Thankfully, because Siwon was so often away filming, chatting with him passed the time quickly.  Stories from the set always amused him.  It wasn’t until they arrived at the airport that Ryeowook caught a glimpse of Kyuhyun again, who kept glancing over at him.  Siwon was still telling him a story as they walked through security and Ryeowook was so engrossed in it, he wasn’t even paying attention until they were seated outside the gate, waiting to board.  At that point, he noticed Kyuhyun sitting close by, playing games on his phone.  Every now and then, he could spot Kyuhyun looking over at them in his peripheral vision but decided to pretend he didn’t notice, since it still seemed to him that Kyuhyun still had no interest in speaking to him and was merely spying on him, for whatever reason.

           After a half hour of this, Kyuhyun finally got up and walked to one of the stores in the airport to get a drink and sat down at a table all by himself, clearly pouting.  It was kind of funny sometimes, how Kyuhyun ignored a person one minute and then try to make them feel guilty for paying no attention to him the next and seemed to think this was normal and fair.  Ryeowook decided that if Kyuhyun wanted to talk, he’d eventually it up and come over.  Until then, he was going to pretend he didn’t notice Kyuhyun’s odd behavior.

           By the time they were boarding the plane, Siwon and Ryeowook had begun discussing other topics, such as Sukira and last night’s KRY concert.  As they were beginning to file into their seats, Ryeowook glanced at his ticket and took that exact seat number next to the window.  Siwon threw his carryon into the overhead compartment and just as he was about to sit down next to Ryeowook, Kyuhyun shoved past him and sat down instead.

           Siwon, instead of being upset, just smiled and sat down next to Donghae, whom he would likely spend the whole flight comparing notes on acting and filming.  Ryeowook was a little more annoyed by Kyuhyun’s rudeness and gave him a stern look. 

           “You completely stole Siwon’s spot,” Ryeowook pointed out.

           “I always sit by you,” Kyuhyun said, without looking at Ryeowook as he opened up his backpack and dug through it.  “He knows that.”

           “Yes, you do always sit by me, which is why I don’t understand why you can’t let someone else sit with me every now and then.”

           “Why?” Kyuhyun said, suddenly turning in his seat to face Ryeowook.  “Is there some reason you want Siwon to sit next to you?”

           Ryeowook rolled his eyes and sighed heavily.  “No.”

           “So you don’t want to sit with me anymore?  Is that it?”

           “That’s not what I meant and you know it,” Ryeowook answered.  “You were the one avoiding me all morning and refusing to sit with me.  Why do you want to sit with me all of a sudden now?  Were you feeling left out now that you weren’t the center of my attention?”

           “I’m clearly not the center of your attention.  That belongs to someone else, doesn’t it?”

           Ryeowook was confused now.  “What do you mean?”

           “Nothing.  Nevermind,” Kyuhyun said, turning away from Ryeowook again and zipping up his backpack before shoving it under his seat.  He quickly buckled his seatbelt and began playing with his phone until it was time to shut it off.

           When the plane began to move and the stewardess was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter